Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The Hossa rumour seems to have some weight.

The latest rumour on the radio is :

RECHHI AND HOSSA

for

EMELIN and McDO

If true, I will cry heavy tears of pain.

-John

Recchi??? WTF??? Why would we want a 40 year old player???

I've heard on a few occasions that Waddell has a hard-on for Emelin, and I'd be willing to let him go, but instead of McDonaugh, i'd try to give them Fisher or maybe Valetenko.

It's soo hard to say which one of McDonaugh or Valetenko will become the better player downt eh road...

You noticed the 'Hossa' link on the main page?

Mathias Brunet of La Presse reports the Canadiens have ordered equipment for Marian Hossa.

Players headed to Atlanta: Michael Ryder, Mark Streit (both of whom, like Hossa, scheduled to become UFAs July 1), plus a draft choice or prospect.

But it's not a done deal. Two years ago, Brunet writes, Canadiens ordered equipment for Nikolai Khabibulin and Adrian Aucoin, but the latter broke his ankle before the transaction that would have sent José Theodore, Mike Ribeiro and Pierre Dagenais to Chicago could be concluded .

This sounds pretty serious. And it makes sense in that everyone involved is a UFA.

If it is serious, it's a shame to lose Streit, but we've got young D coming out the ying-yang so we can probably absorb that loss. (It's good news for Dandy, who now becomes our go-to multipositional player). The pick, well, that depends. He's not having a great season, but if you look at Hossa's career numbers they are absolutely ferocious, and his playoff totals are good too. He will add a dimension we've lacked for years - the bona fide deadly scorer.

Hopefully no one breaks their ankle :)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

The Hossa rumour seems to have some weight.

The latest rumour on the radio is :

RECHHI AND HOSSA

for

EMELIN and McDO

If true, I will cry heavy tears of pain.

-John

CKAC is the most connected Radio regarding the Habs and no such things has been reported on there. I guess it's just rumours from 990 callers.

You noticed the 'Hossa' link on the main page?

Mathias Brunet of La Presse reports the Canadiens have ordered equipment for Marian Hossa.

Players headed to Atlanta: Michael Ryder, Mark Streit (both of whom, like Hossa, scheduled to become UFAs July 1), plus a draft choice or prospect.

But it's not a done deal. Two years ago, Brunet writes, Canadiens ordered equipment for Nikolai Khabibulin and Adrian Aucoin, but the latter broke his ankle before the transaction that would have sent José Theodore, Mike Ribeiro and Pierre Dagenais to Chicago could be concluded .

This sounds pretty serious. And it makes sense in that everyone involved is a UFA.

If it is serious, it's a shame to lose Streit, but we've got young D coming out the ying-yang so we can probably absorb that loss. (It's good news for Dandy, who now becomes our go-to multipositional player). The pick, well, that depends. He's not having a great season, but if you look at Hossa's career numbers they are absolutely ferocious, and his playoff totals are good too. He will add a dimension we've lacked for years - the bona fide deadly scorer.

Hopefully no one breaks their ankle :)

It does make a lot of sense. They get Ryder for the offense, they get Streit for the defense and both are easier to re-sign than Hossa (although ryder likes to be a bitch)

CKAC is the most connected Radio regarding the Habs and no such things has been reported on there. I guess it's just rumours from 990 callers.

some random dude called into the station saying his friend say Hossa at the Atlanta airport and talked to him.

LOL ok a CKAC caller just said the Recchi with a habs t-shirt too. said Mcdo + emelin too...

but the guy on the mic LOLed hard.

The radio host said :

Stop believing your friends, we'll tell you when / if there is a deal done. As of now, there is no deal done.

LOL!

CKAC = The source.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=230189

You guys should read McKenzie's blog on TSN.ca

It'll explain everything.

If this rumour of Hossa for Ryder, Streit and a draft pick are true...then I say: GO FO IT BOB!!! But for some reason i think this is just too good to be true!

Edited by Habsfan

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=230189

You guys should read McKenzie's blog on TSN.ca

It'll explain everything.

If this rumour of Hossa for Ryder, Streit and a draft pick are true...then I say: GO FO IT BOB!!! But for some reason i think this is just too good to be true!

It is the only sensible rumour that has come out for Montreal. They give up NHL level players that are UFAs as well so Atlanta has risk involved as well.

They also address a need for Atlanta which keeps them competitive for the playoffs and if Hossa walks then that was a probabilty with Ryder and a possibility with Streit, so what did the really lose?

I am sure Streit is valuable on the market, but the Habs have proven they can win without him playing on the back end and a 45 pt forward is not irreplaceable.

I think Hamrlik can replace Streit on the PP so Montreal would improve with the addition of Hossa.

But, it sounds to good to be true, so....it probably is.

Edited by Wamsley01

LOL Rds.ca just reported the gloves in direction of Montréal were for Marcel Hossa, Montreal and NYR colours are the same ones...

^_^

Too funny.

Wow, the rumors are sure picking up speed today. Hossa for Ryder, and now Streit and pick/prospect. I don't really like the idea of losing Streit, but he is an UFA and who knows is BG would be able to sign him in the offseason. But maybe S.Kosty could replace him on the 1st PP unit. If that is the proposed deal, BG should do it.

Marcel Hossa is playing in AHL right now, Warrior rep is lying and RDS is believing and reselling.

Mathias Brunet >>> RDS

This is taking on a life of its own. What the hell is it going to be like on Tuesday? :lol:

Edited by Wamsley01

This is taking on a life of its own. What the hell is it going to be like on Tuesday? :lol:

Will anyone be surprised if the team on Tuesday looks just like it is right now? Bob Gainey has his plan and I doubt if all the speculation by the sports media, blogs and web pages will make him deviate from The Plan. And then I will not be surprised if there is some type of trade having to do with the UFA on the team and some prospects. What I am really saying is Nobody knows what is in Bob Gainey's mind.

Will anyone be surprised if the team on Tuesday looks just like it is right now? Bob Gainey has his plan and I doubt if all the speculation by the sports media, blogs and web pages will make him deviate from The Plan. And then I will not be surprised if there is some type of trade having to do with the UFA on the team and some prospects. What I am really saying is Nobody knows what is in Bob Gainey's mind.

I would not be shocked at all if all we get is a Smoke replacement - a strong defensive centre for the bottom lines.

I would not be shocked at all if all we get is a Smoke replacement - a strong defensive centre for the bottom lines.

To be honest, I will be excited if they do pull the trigger on a deal that I like, but if he does nothing I am fine with that as well.

Ryder and Huet don't need to be moved like Souray did, and this team has already almost surpassed my expectations.

I will be happy with a second round playoff series, after that it is all gravy.

The Plan is to get an impact player. Bob has already said it and we know for a fact he's trying hard. I am expecting us to get Hossa but I would not be surprised if we wind up with Tanguay instead. Other than that, it's just a bottom line C.

The Plan is to get an impact player. Bob has already said it and we know for a fact he's trying hard. I am expecting us to get Hossa but I would not be surprised if we wind up with Tanguay instead. Other than that, it's just a bottom line C.

What you say is all true. However, I do not believe he said an impact player at any cost. If the cost is not to his liking I doubt if he breaks away from his overall plan even if he thinks this team is developing a bit faster than he expected.

In terms of timing, Montreal is in a good position; we don't have our backs against the wall. Bob can take *his* time and decide what's best for the Habs, and if nothing pans out, it's not the end of the world because he has a team that can, and will, move forward. Acquiring an impact player is, perhaps, the goal, but it's not an 'at all costs' need.

The little I've picked up today indicates that a Hossa, for example, would probably not be available until this weekend at the earliest as Waddell is presumed to be making a last ditch effort to sign the star. Add to that the evaluation process Feaster is doing in Tampa regarding Richards and the bidding war and private talks that Fletcher must have with Sundin (another who is apparently wanted by Montreal - more on that in a moment) and it's obvious that Montreal's talks will go down fairly close to the wire.

As for the Sundin situation, I honestly wouldn't put that much stock in it. It's a possibility, but I just can't see Gainey actually sending useful parts for an absolute rental with no chance of retention - and that's the impression I get with Sundin; if he leaves the Leafs, he'll go back next year. Gainey hasn't operated that way in the past, and I don't see him doing that unless he feels Sundin is the missing part to truly put Montreal in contention for a Cup.

I honestly think Gainey would prefer to acquire someone he at least has a chance of retaining. Remember, the big picture is making the big effort to bring home the Cup in the franchise's 100th season. The 99th is a bonus, but next year is the jewel.