Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I don't speak french, and have been switching between RDS and RIS and there's nothing on....except last nights highlights.

Back to MXC..........

Edited by kenadian

LMAO...you guys are working yourself into a fever pitch over continuing media BS and rumours...calm the F down.

Our Jrs keep winning because we produce the most prospects in the world. I would not complain if Ovechkin was my captain that is for sure.

And we got a first hand look at the leadership of Malkin last night without the wonderboy in the lineup.

Would the Habs have a better chance to win if a Mike Keane type player was captain?

Don't mistake talent for leadership! Also, what does regular season play mean? What has Ovechkin done post season? He isn't fully N Amer yet. Give him awhile.

As for you Q....Yes!!!! But more like Carbo, Gainey,

Your captain isn't suppose to be your star, that is a new theory.

Quoted from Yvon Pedneault:

"Bob Gainey held a press conference this morning and said that he is actively looking for a top impact forward and has young players he could move to make it happen. More later."

I think he's just trying to drive up the value that all the other teams are looking for and will play out the deal he really wants to make on Tuesday...thus other teams may want to back out of the runnings and when they finally realise whats happening they'll have very little time to pull it together. It's a fine line though because if other teams bite before him then he may have pushed the bar higher then he really wants.

If one guy like Hossa, Richards or Sundin is moved for a crazy amount it will mean the other guys will want similar value...it's like playing chicken.

Don't mistake talent for leadership! Also, what does regular season play mean? What has Ovechkin done post season? He isn't fully N Amer yet. Give him awhile.

As for you Q....Yes!!!! But more like Carbo, Gainey,

Your captain isn't suppose to be your star, that is a new theory.

Come on, you can't base your assumption on Ovechkin's leadership on what he has done in the playoffs.

Could you base Yzerman's leadership in 1985 on his results? Mario Lemieux's?

Yzerman didn't make the playoffs until 87, Lemieux 89. Is anybody going to argue about their leadership abillities?

Yzerman was the captain of a team the perpetually disappointed in the early to mid 1990s. Was he a bad leader in 1996? and a good one in 1997?

When the Olympics were on and Canada with all their leadership lost in 1998 and 2006 where were these leaders on teams with superior talent?

They were knocked out by a Russian team in 2006 lead by...you guessed it, Alex Kovalev. And who knocked out that Russian team, the Fins lead by who?...Saku Koivu.

Don Cherry propoganda. Times have changed, this is not 1988.

Edited by Wamsley01

As far as trades and rumors go if Bg is looking for the impact player there are about 5 or 6 choices. Depends who he likes. I think the impact player needs to have some size and grit to them, the habs get puxhed around alot.

Hossa: the best choice, does it all does add speed and size. Plays like a North American style. Who will it take to get him, depends on if he signs i'm assuming.

Jokinin: big tough centre, wouldn't move him to the wing, could play lwith Lats / Sk. Keep higgins and Koivu together. Probably would cost alot.

Havlat is interesting would be great on a line with SK Koivu. Put higgins where he belongs, 3rd line. Probably wouldn't take too much to get him. Isn't physical and injury prone.

Tangauy: Is allright, would probably play well with SK Koivu. Kills penalties, playoff tested. may cost Ryder Streit and a 2nd.

Richards: Not high on him, invisible the last too years, huge contract with RFA's needing raises. Doesn't do it for me.

I would get a big shut down centre, that's all. The Habs need a shut down line.

Atleast the weekend will be interesting.

Richards' contract really shouldn't be a problem. Gainey did offer similar money to Smyth and Briere...

I think Richards would be the best choice for this team looking forward (based on the available people). Richards on the third line with Lats and S. Kostitsyn would be a massive upgrade over Smoke or Laps. Faceoffs, two way hockey, scoring, shoot outs, experience. The guy was dominant when they won the cup.

We loose some dead weight next season making Richards affordable. Not to mention that the perception of Richards being over paid might make it an easy, affordable trade.

I do agree with you on not resigning any UFA off the current team. That by itself would pay for the Richards contract, I have seen several Tampa games this year and he really hasn't impressed me.

My problem with Richards is it's alot of money for soemone who played well 2 years ago.

I do agree with you on not resigning any UFA off the current team. That by itself would pay for the Richards contract, I have seen several Tampa games this year and he really hasn't impressed me.

My problem with Richards is it's alot of money for soemone who played well 2 years ago.

If you watch Tampa though every important part of the game Richards is out on the ice.

Tortorella runs him out there when they need a faceoff, to protect a lead, the powerplay in a tight game.

You don't do that with a player who is toast.

BTW, Sundin and McCabe weren't at practice. Let the rumours begin!!