Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yea, what has throwing richards out there all the time got them. Last place.

I saw that, who would pick up McCabe though. Talk about over paid.

What got them last place is 4 All-stars and 18 AHLers and 2 ECHL goalies

7gwg in 1 playoff year.

But the question is what have you done for me lately? What can I expect from you in the future? The past is past and cannot be relived. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, see Ryder!

7gwg in 1 playoff year.

Richards has proved he is an elite player. He won a Conn Smythe trophy, he has played on an Olympic team and a World Cup team.

If he was paid 4M per season people would not talk about him as overrated. But his salary does not change his on ice performance.

People toss out his -28 and say that proves he is terrible. Well if that is the case how come people don't want to trade Higgins? Koivu?

I don't know about most but I would be happy as hell if Higgins turned into that caliber of player. He has 307 pts in his last 290 games.

He is not Lecavalier or St. Louis, but he would be the best centre on this team.

But the question is what have you done for me lately? What can I expect from you in the future? The past is past and cannot be relived. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, see Ryder!

Do you want Hossa? Is he now a 70-75 pt player because that is his pace?

How else do you judge a player? Was Kovalchuk undesirable after a 22 pt drop from the season before? He is a -16 this year.

The only way you judge a player is by past performance

We'll know in 4 days or less who BG thinks is a top player.

Call it a hunch, but i'm guessing Jokinin or how ever you you spell his name.

Ryder Valentenko Grabovski and a 2nd going the other way.

Jokinen will only be moved if the other team massively overpays.

That package is what I call a dark horse package. It fills many needs but if each guys hit their potential than the Habs just lost a deal big time.

I look at it like Valentenko doesn't really have a roster spot anyway, he is a LD. So is Emelin and Mcdonagh and Hamrlik, Markov already under contract.

Grabaovski wouldn't have a spot either with the addition of Jokanin. Pleks Koivu and Jokanin. With lapierre and Chipchura in the wings.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230322&hubname=nhl

"We're waiting for one or two or three of those teams to say, yes, that's what the want to do and then we can find out if we can dance or not," Gainey said. "At this point, I really don't have that solid indication."

Sounds like Bob's given his Best Offer for the players he's looking at and just waiting for things to shake out

I look at it like Valentenko doesn't really have a roster spot anyway, he is a LD. So is Emelin and Mcdonagh and Hamrlik, Markov already under contract.

Grabaovski wouldn't have a spot either with the addition of Jokanin. Pleks Koivu and Jokanin. With lapierre and Chipchura in the wings.

You have to give up something to get something. No GM is going to take the Habs baggage for their stars.

Seeing as Grabovski is lighting it up right now and Valentenko has some strong upside it might get the negotiations started.

But I don't think that will be enough. Martin is shooting for the moon. He does not have to deal him. If he gets the moon he makes the deal.

But you never know sometimes. Luongo has been involved in two of the most ridiculous trades in NHL history that if proposed would get you

laughed out of this forum and kicked out of your fantasy league.

Yep it's hard to say. Both Valentenko and Grabs do have a strong upside, i would not trade McDonagh, Emelin for any player rumored to Montreal. They will both be great players.

I honestly don't know who has more young talent then Montreal, Kings and Chicago come to mind.

I also think Jolanin is a little over rated if that helps.

That's my pick and i'm sticking to it.

Yep it's hard to say. Both Valentenko and Grabs do have a strong upside, i would not trade McDonagh, Emelin for any player rumored to Montreal. They will both be great players.

I honestly don't know who has more young talent then Montreal, Kings and Chicago come to mind.

I also think Jolanin is a little over rated if that helps.

That's my pick and i'm sticking to it.

Me neither, if these guys develop into their potential Montreal will have a ridiculously tight defense that is tough and can move the puck.

Price would be insulated and Montreal could start choking out opponents again.

That is how you win championships, and that is all I care about. Bore me to tears if I get to watch Stanley Cup parades.

Yes, the times are changing, and our jrs keep winning. Yes the margins are closing, we are improving in soccer, but still can't beat third world countries. Give it time, but for now I would love a Canadian captain.

Who made up the press conference rumour? I can find no links?

I was going to mention this, but I kind fo wanted to dig some stats up on Metal games for Canadians on the international stage. You are right. Our Juniors are winning. They are the future of the NHL.

Chris, you have to give up Blue Chip prospects for Floridas best player. Sometimes us Habs fans put more value on players than their actual worth. Montreal would have to give up at least two of their best prospects plus a first to even have a sniff at a top tier player who is not a rental. Why? Gainey will not move a roster player like Higgins, Krex etc..

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

According to the TSN website, looks like talks with Hossa aren't going anywhere. So Waddell is expected to shop Hossa. Looks like things are gonna start heating up for the weekend. What a great time for hockey fans.

Me neither, if these guys develop into their potential Montreal will have a ridiculously tight defense that is tough and can move the puck.

Price would be insulated and Montreal could start choking out opponents again.

That is how you win championships, and that is all I care about. Bore me to tears if I get to watch Stanley Cup parades.

The thing is that we wouldn't necessarily be playing a boring style, in fact I highly doubt we would. We just have a really competent group of defenders, and it would probably make us more exciting to watch because of the great passing. I look forward to seeing what our blueline looks like in four years.

I hope we don't give away future all-stars.

Vaguely related to this.

Has any player in the league re-negotiated a contract for less money sine the lockout? Anyone know?

Obviously thinking of Richards here, not suggesting he would, but just curious.

You can't renegociate contracts according to the CBA, I think. And you can only talk about extensions before or during the final year of the deal.

Thanks Neech.

The more I think about it, the more I'd take a shot at Richards, if possible. He has the pedigree, the youth, plays on an abysmally sh*te team on the second line, with no D or goalie (no wonder his +/- is bad), signed long-term, and might arguably be the best all-around offensive player if he joined us, with Kovalev, who is older.

Expensive, but what elite player isn't? If they'd want Huet, Ryder, one of O'Byrne / Gorges / Valentenko, a pick (or even better, Grabovski)...roll them dice, Bob. They might want less players, but someone like Higgins instead of Ryder, in which case...hmm...

Edited by tokyohabs

Just heard Al Strachan talking on the Score about the Habs.

Stated:

Habs are interested in impact player even if he is just a rental. Had good results with Kovalev, and may be willing to roll the dice again.

There is no market for Koivu because of his age and salary.

Spoke about Jokinen, about how everybody is denying that he's available, but doubts that.

Just heard Al Strachan talking on the Score about the Habs.

Stated:

Habs are interested in impact player even if he is just a rental. Had good results with Kovalev, and may be willing to roll the dice again.

There is no market for Koivu because of his age and salary.

Spoke about Jokinen, about how everybody is denying that he's available, but doubts that.

Funny how last year Al Strachan was the one sitting on CBC's After 40 minutes telling anyone who would listen that Kovalev was the reason the team sucked and that his career was all but done ala, Samsonov.

What a difference a year makes huh?

Al Strachan is laughable at best.

On a trade related note.

During an interview of Carbo talking about the deadline he spoke of impact players which on most boards we assume is Tanguay, Hossa, Sundin, he points to the cities specifically when he stated "It's hard for the players," he said. "It's probably the same in Toronto and Atlanta and Florida."

By the sounds of it Tanguay is not an option, and Jokinen is more of a target then the media believes.