Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Mahn, I can just see Ryder ripping it up in Dallas along side Mikey Ribs.

If such a thing happens, we'd better get something better than Niinimaa back this time!

Small Ryder-Tanguay tidbit in the Star-Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/15889167.html

Reportedly, the Flames are trying to trade Tanguay to Montreal for Michael Ryder, and it's a matter of Tanguay waiving his no-trade clause.

On Brad Richards:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb/24/sp...ports-lightning

Richards' name has been most often linked to Columbus and Vancouver, with Montreal, Philadelphia and Edmonton also believed to have interest in acquiring the 2004 Conn Smythe Trophy winner, with Columbus believed to be the front-runner should Tampa Bay decided to trade Richards.

Havlat off the block, more Tanguay to Montreal banter:

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/0...872302-sun.html

As for the Ryder to Dallas alleged rumour, if it happens, I would be surprised if it was not Halpern coming back, Gainey has admitted interest in the past, and he would help stabilize the bottom forward units. Not saying I'd necessarily want that, but that's what I've pieced together.

A little spoiler for you Recap readers, I plan to discuss some of the bigger names allegedly available from other teams and whether they'd be a fit or not; I'm hoping to have it up late tonight. It will be done similar to last week's where the Habs were ranked in terms of trade bait.

Had a dream this morning that the Habs traded for Brad Richards. The price was a 1st rounder, Emelin, Degon and Lapierre. I woke up and ran to my computer but alas it wasn't true :P.

It is ironic we'll be facing Atlanta on Tuesday. Often times in the trade world it works out that you play the team you get traded to in your first game. I wouldn't mind that happening this week.

When i realized that the Habs play Atlanta on Tuesday, if the Habs and Thrashers were gonna swing a deal, where Hossa was included, it would not be made official until Tuesday as Waddell would not want Hossa lining up against them on Tuesday. Maybe, maybe not.

As per TSN....D Dreger reported that Waddell is in Toronto scouting the Bulldogs. He mentioned it during the first intermission. We'll see!!??

Ya I saw that as well, neat stuff, hopefully he likes what he see's...I'm personally pretty flexible when it comes to trading for a player like Hossa. How many players are over 6 feet tall, over 200 lbs and can FLY on the ice like Hossa can. He's a finisher, as well as a playmaker, and would be an incredible addition to our team. Sure, many people rip on him for his bad performances in the playoffs, but I just looked up his playoff stats and besides 1 or 2 years about 8 years ago he hasn't been bad.

On top of all of that, he perfectly fits into our lineup with his style. Bring Hossa to Montreal!

As per TSN....D Dreger reported that Waddell is in Toronto scouting the Bulldogs. He mentioned it during the first intermission. We'll see!!??

To be fair... he was scouting the Bulldogs AND the Marlies.

Ya I saw that as well, neat stuff, hopefully he likes what he see's...I'm personally pretty flexible when it comes to trading for a player like Hossa. How many players are over 6 feet tall, over 200 lbs and can FLY on the ice like Hossa can. He's a finisher, as well as a playmaker, and would be an incredible addition to our team. Sure, many people rip on him for his bad performances in the playoffs, but I just looked up his playoff stats and besides 1 or 2 years about 8 years ago he hasn't been bad.

On top of all of that, he perfectly fits into our lineup with his style. Bring Hossa to Montreal!

Yeah, in the two series that he got past the first round he had 10 points in 12 games and 16 points in 18 games. Before that he was only one of many players on his team who was considered a playoff choke, he was playing behind Alfredsson and Yashin.

Yeah, in the two series that he got past the first round he had 10 points in 12 games and 16 points in 18 games. Before that he was only one of many players on his team who was considered a playoff choke, he was playing behind Alfredsson and Yashin.

The playoff thing is a total red herring. This guy is a lethal offensive weapon all year long. I'd love to have him, but not at any price - he is still a rental, after all.

The playoff thing is a total red herring. This guy is a lethal offensive weapon all year long. I'd love to have him, but not at any price - he is still a rental, after all.

Not necessarily, I have a feeling Bob will try and lock him up right away. Everyone thought Kovalev was supposed to be a rental and even though he was well into his 30's, he ended up becoming a huge piece of the team and still remains like that today. I think Hossa could be a similar thing and even turn into Bob's replacement of Kovalev when he eventually gets too old/retires/ whatever happens with him lol