Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

When i realized that the Habs play Atlanta on Tuesday, if the Habs and Thrashers were gonna swing a deal, where Hossa was included, it would not be made official until Tuesday as Waddell would not want Hossa lining up against them on Tuesday. Maybe, maybe not.

Only reasons I can think of him not being in the lineup that day would be if Carbs doesn't want to put him in without a practice or if his jersey is not ready.

Just thought I'd mention that Waddell was interviewed by the guys broadcasting the Bulldogs/Marlies game. Waddell said there are 5 or 6 teams interested in Hossa, and that talks have heated up the past 24 hours.

Nice to hear but Bob was busy yesterday so when he says "talks have heated up" he's probably referring to other teams, not us.

I'm really only expecting the Tanguay one, I'm losing hope for Hossa.

Nice to hear but Bob was busy yesterday so when he says "talks have heated up" he's probably referring to other teams, not us.

Ya you could be right, but why would he be scouting the Bulldogs? I think Gainey has an offer on the table for Waddell and he wants to see the prospects play in person, hence why he is at the game. Hopefully we land Hossa, how unreal would that be?

I like Tanguay as a winger who can also play C and thus become an eventual Koivu replacement, but there is room for one bit of doubt on this front...which is whether we need another playmaker. Both Koivu and Tanguay can score goals, but it's not their bread and butter and both of them on the same line could cause chemistry problems in that their games are similar. It's possible that this move would help us more in the medium- to long-run (Tanguay replaces a declining Koivu) than *right now.* Something to ponder.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

You mean the guy who said he did not want to play in Montreal? The same guy who has a no trade clause meaning he dictates where he goes? It would take a miraculous sell on Bob's part to bring him here.

You mean the guy who said he did not want to play in Montreal? The same guy who has a no trade clause meaning he dictates where he goes? It would take a miraculous sell on Bob's part to bring him here.

When did Tanguay say he didn't want to come here specifically? (I've never understood why a player would single out any given city as one he definitely doesn't want to play in, unless it's a total dive, or else a hated rival - as when Esposito threatened to jump out a window when Boston traded him to the hated Rangers :lol: )

Why? Marlies may have two good players so scouting could be done on the internet. Plus, Laughs are not buyers this year.

We'll see what happens..Boston is considering giving Kessel. The Price seems pretty high.

Only reasons I can think of him not being in the lineup that day would be if Carbs doesn't want to put him in without a practice or if his jersey is not ready.

Maybe they still have his brothers kicking around......jersey that is.

He was "hurt" when he got "hit" in the back standing at the blueline............didn't look that bad to me. [that's why the quotes..... :rolleyes: ] I think they said it was a stinger he got.............

Unreal - I just read that Richards drew up a list of 8 teams he'd play for, and we aren't one of them (RDS).

If true, you can ###### right off Richards. I can't believe any player can get away with that, in any sport.

Tanguay, Hossa anyone? I'd rather have the higher-impact Hossa, for little if he isn't signed.

Unreal - I just read that Richards drew up a list of 8 teams he'd play for, and we aren't one of them (RDS).

If true, you can ###### right off Richards. I can't believe any player can get away with that, in any sport.

:lol: Don't take it too personally.

We'll see what happens..Boston is considering giving Kessel. The Price seems pretty high.

Maybe they still have his brothers kicking around......jersey that is.

Kessel is a no go...Chiarelli has come out and said that Kessel isn't moving on the WSBK boston station.

Tanguay, Hossa anyone? I'd rather have the higher-impact Hossa, for little if he isn't signed.

He has a no-trade clause.

It's his right to make demands like that.

Now if the Hossa deal went down, and a goalie was included, how much you want to bet said goalie blanks us Tuesday night

Depends if it was a French-Canadian goalie! Maybe Yann? :P

RDS confirms that Richards has nixed Montreal. (I can't fathom why. It used to be that we sucked; now what's the excuse? Too cold for his sissy ass?)

On the other hand, the Thrashers have confirmed that they can't sign Hossa and will definitely move him. Potentially good news for us. :clap:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

So we move on..............and save the remainder of his 7.8 Mill salary this year; and the remaining 3 years on his current contract

And if he doesn't want to play his loss............. :hlogo:

Edited by kenadian

RDS confirms that Richards has nixed Montreal. (I can't fathom why. It used to be that we sucked; now what's the excuse? Too cold for his sissy ass?)

Not everyone wants the added pressure of playing in MTL, especially with the bigger tax hit. It's understandable, albeit unfortunate for us.

Edited by lazy26

I would have liked Richards, except for the $$ he makes. I know Habs will have cap room next year for a star player, it is just $7.8 million for a Non-Crosby_Malkin type player is a big chance to take. Hossa may want that type of $$$ so lets be carefull what we wish for.