Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

From Ek: February 24, 2008, 7:16 PM ET

"The Canadiens are confirmed a player for Brad Richards."

And from his forum chat (when asked about Hossa to Montreal his e3 from earlier) his reply: "yes indeed. The Thrashers want Grabovski and a #2 I was told."

Edited by kenadian

I would have liked Richards, except for the $$ he makes. I know Habs will have cap room next year for a star player, it is just $7.8 million for a Non-Crosby_Malkin type player is a big chance to take. Hossa may want that type of $$$ so lets be carefull what we wish for.

You have a point. Then again, while Hossa isn't a *franchise* player, he's certainly among the very elite - certainly a step up on Gomez or even Briere, who also got massive deals. I'm not adverse to carrying one guy like that, who seems to be a pretty consistent scoring machine and in his prime.

Get Hossa with Tanguay and we're talking big-time.

Hossa for Grabs and a #2 can't be serious. Surely they mean a second roster player, not a #2 pick????

If that's all the want, we should all send Wadell a thank you bouquet :lol: Unfortunately Eklund is a blithering moron, remember?

And from his forum chat (when asked about Hossa to Montreal his e3 from earlier) his reply: "yes indeed. The Thrashers want Grabovski and a #2 I was told."

If Eklund is correct about that Grabovski and a #2, I think I'd do that. Your thoughts?

They only mentioned negotiations with Chicago. It was more Hossa for the Jackets, Tanguay with us.

That's very odd, I haven't heard any links between Columbus and Hossa. I fail to see any logic in the Jackets trying to trade for a winger when their needs are at center and defense.

Durrr, yes? How low can the hypothetical price drop?

"They're asking for a bag of pucks, but they want 50 pucks in the bag..."

Yea, but there are many fans who are extremely high on Grabs, he is asbolutely tearing it up in the AHL. You never know, when he grows up he could be even better than Hossa, or similar. Then again, he could turn out to be a bust...we can't tell the future. some fans wouldnt be willing to give up a prospect with that much possible upside. However, I still do that deal as you would as well.

That's very odd, I haven't heard any links between Columbus and Hossa. I fail to see any logic in the Jackets trying to trade for a winger when their needs are at centre and defense.

I swear I read it in the article about two hours ago. I just double-checked, now its gone. Maybe they meant Richards, and not Hossa? Or another team, not the Jackets?

Weird.

Anyway, on to more important matters...

Edited by tokyohabs

Yea, but there are many fans who are extremely high on Grabs, he is asbolutely tearing it up in the AHL. You never know, when he grows up he could be even better than Hossa, or similar. Then again, he could turn out to be a bust...we can't tell the future. some fans wouldnt be willing to give up a prospect with that much possible upside. However, I still do that deal as you would as well.

I think the Habs are in a position where it would be acceptable to make such a deal, especially if they can resign Hossa. We have a host of young forwards who are talented and have bright futures. Not all of them will make it big and not all of them will be able to fit on a team. If we can turn a young, maturing player into a guy who is already mature and playoff tested, now is the time to make such a deal.

I think the Habs are in a position where it would be acceptable to make such a deal, especially if they can resign Hossa. We have a host of young forwards who are talented and have bright futures. Not all of them will make it big and not all of them will be able to fit on a team. If we can turn a young, maturing player into a guy who is already mature and playoff tested, now is the time to make such a deal.

If you don't want to give up any prospects you wont get anything done. You have to assume some sort of risk.

Fans over rate their prospects as it is, but I didn't hear anybody complain about Vokoun when Theo won the MVP,

they piss and moan 10 years later after Theo flamed out.

If you don't deal these assets now you will not max out their value because they will get stuck on the farm.

That would be comparable to the Kovalev trade yet it would even be a bigger steal. As a matter of fact, even if we couldn't re-sign Hossa, I would be willing to pay that merely for a rental.

I'd be ecstatic if Bob made that deal (and that's saying something, I was a bit disappointed when I heard, incorrectly, that we'd acquired Hossa for Ryder, Streit and a 3rd).

Grabs is small. Even if he became a great NHL player he is still small and we need size. Ek is always full of crap. I hate the fact that now when you go to his site he makes convenient links to get "Even more" of the inside scoop for $20.00. I mean really.....what could he possibly know that would be worth the 20bucks he's charging. I hope none of you guys actually got sucked in to that.

What I do like is Spector.......he usually doesn't talk positive or quote positive unless it truly is a reliable source. I'm digging the fact that Gainey is going hard for both Tanguay and Hossa which would really step this team up a couple of notches. Tanguat for Ryder plus pick, I can see happening. Hossa for grabs and a 2nd..........hmmmmmmm not sure if I believe that one. If Waddel has been scoutng the bulldogs it was a sweet time for Grabs to get stupidly hot though and just might sway the Hossa deal towards us depending on what other teams are offering. It sounds like not much from other teams if Grabs is bringing major interest.

Grabs is small. Even if he became a great NHL player he is still small and we need size. Ek is always full of crap. I hate the fact that now when you go to his site he makes convenient links to get "Even more" of the inside scoop for $20.00. I mean really.....what could he possibly know that would be worth the 20bucks he's charging. I hope none of you guys actually got sucked in to that.

What I do like is Spector.......he usually doesn't talk positive or quote positive unless it truly is a reliable source. I'm digging the fact that Gainey is going hard for both Tanguay and Hossa which would really step this team up a couple of notches. Tanguat for Ryder plus pick, I can see happening. Hossa for grabs and a 2nd..........hmmmmmmm not sure if I believe that one. If Waddel has been scoutng the bulldogs it was a sweet time for Grabs to get stupidly hot though and just might sway the Hossa deal towards us depending on what other teams are offering. It sounds like not much from other teams if Grabs is bringing major interest.

Yeah, Grabs has 20 points in 12 games. Waddell can't ignore that. He might pass, but damn what a time to get hot!

Sundin says no to waiving his no-trade, cross him off the list.

http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=230511&hubName=main

Good for Mats. The Leafs have treated him poorly in this situation. I hope I don't have to hear this story again.

Here is to hoping he can lift them to 9th!

Sundin's 'no' is the best 'no' since the 95 referendum! :lol: That really shoots TO in the foot :lol::lol::lol: What a great time NOT to be a Leafs fan.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Ouch. The Leafs are a mess even with their top (probable) 5 pick.

I don't know how probable that is. They are in 4th last right now, but they are within 3 points of moving up 4-5 spots.

Crossing fingers!

Sundin's 'no' is the best 'no' since the 95 referendum! :lol: That really shoots TO in the foot :lol::lol::lol: What a great time NOT to be a Leafs fan.

Yep, that is a back breaker. Apparently McCabe has said No as well.

Sundin says no to waiving his no-trade, cross him off the list.

http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=230511&hubName=main

Wow, talk about screwed, Leafs will suck for a few more years. No trade clauses. Dumb!

Gotta hand it to those Toronto guys, they're in it for the long haul.

I don't know. If you read between the lines, after the way they treated him I could see him starting next season somewhere else.

"I cannot leave my teammates and join another NHL Club at this time. I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision."

He doesn't say I want to win the Cup as a Maple Leaf. I hope he stays a Leaf though. They will not finish dead last with him there.

Edited by Wamsley01