Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

With 24 hours to go until the NHL's trade deadline, the Calgary Flames don't appear willing to deal away winger Alex Tanguay. General Manager Darryl Sutter told reporters on Monday afternoon that he is not trading Tanguay and he likes the make up of his team.

TSN - Flames' GM Sutter won't deal Tanguay

As the hours go by Hossa's price tag is just going to go up. I'm starting to feel that although Gainey is trying nothing is going to happen for us in the trade department. Except Ryder to Dallas for a 2nd round pick.

I hope Gainey has something up his sleeve. We need a jump.

With Tanguay out and Ottawa in the hunt for Hossa, I'm definitely among the pessimists. Ottawa is desperate for a Cup and we're not - therefore they'll be willing to sacrifice more of their future than us, and therefore they should get Hossa, not us.

We seem to be out of the running for Richards too, and Jokinen rumours are sparse (probably for good reason - the price on him is liable to be extreme).

Dollars to dougnuts Gainey shifts his sights to a defensive forward and maybe a solid defensive defenceman.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

With Tanguay out and Ottawa in the hunt for Hossa, I'm definitely among the pessimists. Ottawa is desperate for a Cup and we're not - therefore they'll be willing to sacrifice more of their future than us, and therefore they should get Hossa, not us.

We seem to be out of the running for Richards too, and Jokinen rumours are sparse (probably for good reason - the price on him is liable to be extreme).

Dollars to dougnuts Gainey shifts his sights to a defensive forward and maybe a solid defensive defenceman.

I thought the same thing. But maybe they are playing the game and trying to ratchet up the price for a division rival.

If the Habs are going to get him, it would be good business for the Sens to make them pay max price no?

Jackman and Rucinsky might be okay fits for the Habs...

I thought the same thing. But maybe they are playing the game and trying to ratchet up the price for a division rival.

If the Habs are going to get him, it would be good business for the Sens to make them pay max price no?

Talk about brilliance. Should the Sens land him for Vermettr, Foligno and an early pick wouldn't that mean that's what they traded to get Heatley straight up. Pretty damn good trade at the end of the day.

Come on Bob screw someone over like that.

Talk about brilliance. Should the Sens land him for Vermettr, Foligno and an early pick wouldn't that mean that's what they traded to get Heatley straight up. Pretty damn good trade at the end of the day.

Come on Bob screw someone over like that.

You know what that scenario reminds me of? Trading Recchi for Desjardins and Leclair...then getting Recchi back for Zubrus :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Next time you get frustrated at Bob, remember that little doozy. :wacko:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

BG is fine. He will not give up a top talent for a rental. He would and will if the other side accepts a good hockey deal. Normally it's for both clubs.

Beleive me, he is trying, if there is a deal to be had, he'll do it. If not, without resigning any UFA's, he will have alot of money to get the man he wants.

BG is fine. He will not give up a top talent for a rental. He would and will if the other side accepts a good hockey deal. Normally it's for both clubs.

Beleive me, he is trying, if there is a deal to be had, he'll do it. If not, without resigning any UFA's, he will have alot of money to get the man he wants.

When will the Sens learn though. If they blow their brains out on Hossa they still have to start Emery and Gerber in the playoffs.

Did the Patrick Lalime years teach them nothing? Why do teams consistently try to win with no goaltending?

The Flyers wasted the Lindros/Leclair prime years rolling with Hextall and Snow in net. And in 1998 I worked with somebody

who was best friends with Cujo and he wanted to go to Philly and they signed the Beezer forcing Cujo to the Leafs.

You do not win the Cup with what they call goalies. Hossa just makes them look like favourites on paper until one of those 2 implodes

in the biggest moment of a series.

When will the Sens learn though. If they blow their brains out on Hossa they still have to start Emery and Gerber in the playoffs.

Did the Patrick Lalime years teach them nothing? Why do teams consistently try to win with no goaltending?

The Flyers wasted the Lindros/Leclair prime years rolling with Hextall and Snow in net. And in 1998 I worked with somebody

who was best friends with Cujo and he wanted to go to Philly and they signed the Beezer forcing Cujo to the Leafs.

You do not win the Cup with what they call goalies. Hossa just makes them look like favourites on paper until one of those 2 implodes

in the biggest moment of a series.

I agree. Plus, the Sens don't exactly have an airtight defense, which could potentially protect the weaknesses in net. They addressed the secondary seconding with Stillman, they should really be looking to upgrade D or G.

But who knows? Maybe they'll win by outscoring the opposition every night. ^_^

I think it depends on Ryder in terms of deals, if the Flames are actually interested in him, they could swap someone like Huselius for Ryder (both are expiring UFAs, and Keenan hates Huselius and waived him in Florida)...or Gainey could get a draft pick for Ryder, and then flip that draft choice for a defensive centre. Maybe a guy like Mike Peca

I think it depends on Ryder in terms of deals, if the Flames are actually interested in him, they could swap someone like Huselius for Ryder (both are expiring UFAs, and Keenan hates Huselius and waived him in Florida)...or Gainey could get a draft pick for Ryder, and then flip that draft choice for a defensive centre. Maybe a guy like Mike Peca

I will not be surprised if a trade is NOT made by Montreal.

Worst deadline ever. There are only a couple of guys on the market and Hossa seems to be the only guy who's going to go for sure. There are normally about 20 trades on deadline day! (And a few more on the days leading up to it)

Worst deadline ever. There are only a couple of guys on the market and Hossa seems to be the only guy who's going to go for sure. There are normally about 20 trades on deadline day! (And a few more on the days leading up to it)

What really makes it bad are the ridiculous amount of rumours getting our hopes up every few days.

I think Bob will make a trade, though, even if it's just something minor to help our stretch run, or just getting rid of unnecessary baggage like with the Rivet deal.