Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I hope Bob can land Jagr, maybe for Ryder, Streit and maybe another little bone (non-blue chip prospect or draft pick)

No secret the Rangers aren't pleased with his production, also they need blueline help on the PP (Streit) and Ryder could replace some of Jagr's scoring potential on the wing.

The Montreal crowd could bring the intensity that would light a fire under Jagr, just like it did with Kovalev. If it works out, he would be cheaper to re-sign than Hossa.

Jagr in the CH would be pretty goddam hot, he is a helluva player.

Here we go. At 11:00 ET time there may be deals after tonights 2 games conclude, even throughout the night. At least they won't be reported by morning so we don't have to stay up to catch the news.

IMO: The deadline truly gets down to the wire in about 3 hours.

Wow, late Monday afternoon, and very little action on the trade front. Maybe there will be a flurry tomorrow moring. Wondering if the prices are so high in this sellers market, that very few deals will be done. Or maybe a bunch of little tinkering.

Waiting for BG to announce Hossa aquired for Grabs, Dandy, Fischer and a 2nd rounder, with Hossa agreeing to a 5 yr extension at 7 million per.

Just wishful thinking!!

It really might be best to make no deal if the price is too high or Hossa won't agree to some extension.

I will not be surprised if a trade is NOT made by Montreal.
IMO, I think at the very least that Gainey will try to acquire a 4th liner or last pairing D for depth. He'll definitely trade. Will he make a marquee trade? I don't know. Tough call for sure. 19 hours to go til we find out.

I hope Bob can land Jagr, maybe for Ryder, Streit and maybe another little bone (non-blue chip prospect or draft pick)

No secret the Rangers aren't pleased with his production, also they need blueline help on the PP (Streit) and Ryder could replace some of Jagr's scoring potential on the wing.

The Montreal crowd could bring the intensity that would light a fire under Jagr, just like it did with Kovalev. If it works out, he would be cheaper to re-sign than Hossa.

I respect the sheer talent of Jagr, but no way do I want Puff-Nuts in the CH. Plus, 2 offgames in a row, and the boobirds at the Bell Centre would scar him for life.

Word is he may retire after this year as well.

Thought i read earlier that Tanguay was off the block?

Thought i read earlier that Tanguay was off the block?

you did.

you did.

Man, by the sounds of Higgins in that live interview, Hossa and the media on tsn, waddell skipping practice. No morning skate.

Boys I think it's going down. I think Hossa will be a Habs by tomorrw afternoon and he might play. Gut feeling.

I think BG will give more than we want him to, but will make sense at the end of the day.

I respect the sheer talent of Jagr, but no way do I want Puff-Nuts in the CH. Plus, 2 offgames in a row, and the boobirds at the Bell Centre would scar him for life.

Word is he may retire after this year as well.

Yeah, there's definitely bad baggage with Jagr. Some could say it's the Rag$ fault but I'll never forget Lemieux barking at him on the bench to get his butt in gear before the Pens traded him. He's been "Jagr dynamite" on and off since those days. BUT, when the Magnificent One is telling Jaromir to get his act together - SOMETHING IS WRONG! I said it then and I'll say it now.

:blink:

I'd be happy if all they did was pick up some grit like Gratton... someone who can skate, hit, and potentially fight if need be...

Pierre McGuire said he cannot skate

get lemieux to make a comeback and reassemble the 90's Penguins!!

(I would be totally high on Jagr if that could happen)

Off the Flyer board

Prospal for Picard and a pick

http://flyers.nhl.com/

official

If that is the cost for Prospal I want nothing to do with Hossa.

Picard and a 2nd or 3rd isn't that bad really.

Picard has had more then a few chances to crack the lineup and couldn't. Looking at the flyers blueline that isn't saying much.

Edited by Habitforming

Picard and a 2nd or 3rd isn't that bad really.

Picard has had more then a few chances to crack the lineup and couldn't. Looking at the flyers blueline that isn't saying much.

For Prospal? He is a UFA as well.

Hossa will cost a hell of a lot more than that

Screw this. Everyone is loading up. Blake thinking Colorado, forsberg Colorado, Anaheim gets they're boys back just in time for the last little run.....I say we do nothing get our shite together and win the cup with what we have. Sens can have Hossa. They are going down in the first round anyhow.

with the cost of an impact player escalating I just can't see it being worth it to get a 30+ rental player.

The only deal I want to see happen is Gainey pony up the necessary picks/prospects to get Jokinen. He's a top 20 forward in the league, signed long term to a reasonable contract and is under 30.

I am perfectly content with Gainey paying market value if he's the guy coming back.

with the cost of an impact player escalating I just can't see it being worth it to get a 30+ rental player.

The only deal I want to see happen is Gainey pony up the necessary picks/prospects to get Jokinen. He's a top 20 forward in the league, signed long term to a reasonable contract and is under 30.

I am perfectly content with Gainey paying market value if he's the guy coming back.

I'd love Jokinen, but Hossa is only 28. If we could keep him, it might be worth the deal.