Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

if so... lets think positive... we certainly have enough depth and TIME for some more trades ....

John Michael Liles from Colorado would be a huge pickup on D

Ps: who thinks Dandy gets moved today?

Edited by l<OV4L3V

John Michael Liles from Colorado would be a huge pickup on D

Ps: who thinks Dandy gets moved today?

For some odd reason, I think Dandy stays.....intentionally.

I really hope Streit stays as well.

Unless Hossa falls to us I can't see anything happening that will do much for us.

Gainey should just go all out and get him (as long as he re-signs) his career stats are very complimentary considering he has been on the Thrashers for 3 years.

.93 points per game in his career, thats better then alot of "superstars"

On another note.....

Something else I heard could happen......How do we feel about moving Ryder for Robert Lang?

Edited by Habitforming

get Hossa but at a reasonable price... if not screw them all ... Watch them all come crying come UFA time in the summer!!!

Actually, I wonder how much influence Gainey's lack of success in attracting UFA's in the summer is having on his approach to this trade deadline. He may be more aggressive, and overpay in getting a player traded here so he then has a chance to sign him (a la Kovalev) than otherwise, because they don't seem to want to come to Montreal when the market is wide open.

TSN's Jay Onrait is saying that Ottawa has offered Vermette, Schibert and Foligno

Montreal has offered Ryder, Grabovski and Lapierre

Both for Hossa, of course.

He's also saying that Columbus has upped its Richards offer to include Ron Hainsey. Stars are offering Smith, Fistric and Jokinen, and Canucks are Bourdon, Schneider and picks.

TSN's Jay Onrait is saying that Ottawa has offered Vermette, Schibert and Foligno

Montreal has offered Ryder, Grabovski and Lapierre

Both for Hossa, of course.

He's also saying that Columbus has upped its Richards offer to include Ron Hainsey. Stars are offering Smith, Fistric and Jokinen, and Canucks are Bourdon, Schneider and picks.

These prices are being driven up way to high. You don't give up prospects to make the playoffs or go a couple of rounds.

The Ryder offer will not get it done in comparison to the Ottawa deal. If that is the deal, I could probably live with it.

But I am sure it will get even higher. I hope Bob doesn't get involved in one upping Ottawa.

Ryder, Grabovski, Russian prospect now playing in Russia (Perezhogin or Emelin?) and a 1st round pick in 2008.

If that were true, I'd pull the trigger. Ryder, Grabovski, Emelin and a 1st rounder would be worth it. Higgins would stay, and that's all that matters!

Anyways, Waddell would never do this deal!

Got to love non researched drivel from the Toronto media.

In response to who would be interested in Antropov:

"If Anaheim says no, there's Montreal – if a deal for Hossa falls through, Chris Higgins and a first-rounder will be available – or San Jose or Vancouver or New Jersey."

Cox thinks Antropov could fetch Higgins LOL or Edmonton's first rounder owned by the Ducks.

Comedy Gold Jerry!!

If that were true, I'd pull the trigger. Ryder, Grabovski, Emelin and a 1st rounder would be worth it. Higgins would stay, and that's all that matters!

Anyways, Waddell would never do this deal!

Way to much for 2 months of service. Signed, yes. Unsigned, NO

"If Anaheim says no, there's Montreal – if a deal for Hossa falls through, Chris Higgins and a first-rounder will be available – or San Jose or Vancouver or New Jersey."

Are you serious. The idiots over at SportsNet didn'T actually say that Montreal would be willing to give Higgins and a 1st rounder for Antropov??? I would think it should be the other way around. Antropov and a 1st rounder for Higgins.

Actually, I don't even think i'd trade Higgins for Antro and a 1st rounder. Just not worth it.

See guys, this is why we should NEVER watch SportsNet. They are a bunch of ignorant bastards!

Are you serious. The idiots over at SportsNet didn'T actually say that Montreal would be willing to give Higgins and a 1st rounder for Antropov??? I would think it should be the other way around. Antropov and a 1st rounder for Higgins.

Actually, I don't even think i'd trade Higgins for Antro and a 1st rounder. Just not worth it.

See guys, this is why we should NEVER watch SportsNet. They are a bunch of ignorant bastards!

Actually Damien Cox from the Star. It is based in zero research.

Eric Engels over on hockeybuzz just said that Hossa to Montreal looking likely:

"Maxim Lapierre, Michael Ryder, Grabovski and a pick could be heading to Atlanta for forward Marian Hossa. "

-Eric Engels

If that's the deal I would do it in a heartbeat. Shame to lose Lapierre but Hossa is a difference maker.

"Maxim Lapierre, Michael Ryder, Grabovski and a pick could be heading to Atlanta for forward Marian Hossa. "

-Eric Engels

If that's the deal I would do it in a heartbeat. Shame to lose Lapierre but Hossa is a difference maker.

I might do that. Ryder was gone anyways, Chips can replace Lapierre and Grabovski was pretty much forgotten before the last month.

But I still don't like rentals. It is a steep price to pay for 20-30 games of service.

Way to much for 2 months of service. Signed, yes. Unsigned, NO

I agree. You have to sign hossa to a 5 year 40 million $ contract as soon as the deal is made.

But Like I said, I don't think Waddell would make this trade. hell, I wouldn't make this trade if I were waddell. I'd ask for Higgins instead of Ryder. We all know Waddell has a hard on for Emelin, and I agree that this kid will be a good NHLer, but you have to give something to get something. I'd have o problem giving up Grabovski.

-Eric Engels

Soo many freaking rumours! It's hard to say which one is the right one. I agree, it would be a shame to lose Lapierre!

The Ryder, Lapierre, Grabovski rumour came from TSN where Bob McKenzie was saying that it would take a package similar to that... to those style of players... he reiterated that it was purely speculation on his part so that we could have an idea of what it would take... Same with the Vermetter/Schubert/Foligno Ottawa package... it's just speculation on his part, not an actual rumour.

Cox thinks Antropov could fetch Higgins LOL or Edmonton's first rounder owned by the Ducks.

Comedy Gold Jerry!!

Wow. The oxygen-deprived bubble that is Toronto.

Sh*t town, sh*t barn, sh*t team, sh*t fans...s.f.b. coverage as well. Maybe they actually run the team.

Ooh, Janssens, missed out on our thug.

Hossa & Huselius?