Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Gotta be because they're dealing a pick elsewhere...perhaps Huet requested a deal or refused to sign in the off-season???

Geezz...it finally pays to be in a time zone which is 7hrs ahead of Montreal.

If it's true, I kinda like it. Ryder I am indifferent to. Grabovski as well.

Now, if the russian prospect is Emelin, I'd be pissed as hell. Mind you, we have a back log in Defence for the years to come, so i guess if it was between McDonaugh (or a prospect who will most definitely play in the NHL one day) or Emelin I'd rather loose Emelin. (Please be Perezhogin)

Now the 1st rnd pick in '08 is ur stinger. I have a funny feeling Bob wont be without a 1st rnd pick in '08. As much as I root for Huet, I'd trade him. Replenish your cup board by getting rid of prospective UFA's. If anyone is gonna lead us far in the playoffs, it's gonna be Price or Jaro.

Oh, of course you can pretty much guarantee that Hossa's gonna be here for at least 5 yrs at 7.5mil.

Oh, and u can also guarantee that Hossa ain't coming here alone. He's bringing a friend too.

Anyone see anything else confirming this rumor???

Seems Bob and I are on the same page. I like this a lot. Sure I would have prefered a 1st, but if Wash doesn't win their division, our pick is pretty decent.

Montreal is far from being done. Something big is brewing.

Hossa AND Jokinen anyone??

Here's a question - would anyone be willing to add Jokinen if it came at the cost of Plekanec + prospects/picks?

It would clear up the middle quite a lot, with Jokinen and Koivu and Lapierre/Chipchura/Smolinski/UFA filling the rest.

But Plex has come so far recently...

Here's a question - would anyone be willing to add Jokinen if it came at the cost of Plekanec + prospects/picks?

It would clear up the middle quite a lot, with Jokinen and Koivu and Lapierre/Chipchura/Smolinski/UFA filling the rest.

But Plex has come so far recently...

wow, solid value for Huet..

but I can't understand why they would need the 2nd round draft choice?

The future is now, Carey Price!

I got to give him credit. Gainey has balls!

It would not shock me to see a follow up deal to bring in a veteran backup for the last 20 games.

Ottawa just picked up Martin Lapointe. DOes this mean they have given up on the hossa sweepstakes?

McGuire mentions Neil's injury may be serious and the Sens need a muscle guy. I'm hoping you're right tho ;)