Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that line again until we need it. Carbonneau know's not to use the big guns all the time; It's a last resort type of thing. In a really big hole or tight situation you put the best players together.

Kovalev and Koivu i'm guessing won't be together next series because you wouldn't want the opponent to think about that line all series on figuring out on how to shut them down.

Carbo did good ;)

Maybe they don't like eachother. It doesn't matter

These two have been proffessionals all year and they proved it on monday night.

Agreed. Once the game was over and most of the younger players were still congratulating Carey Price, Koivu and Kovy were the first ones in line ready to shake hands with the Bruins players. they looked like two guys who are on a mission!

I was speaking with a fellow Habs Fan an hour ago. Is it true that PJ Stock said something on CBC to Elliot Friedman about Kovalev and Koivu not liking each other and that's why Carbonneau has not played them together much over the last 3 years. Seems to me they were quite happy together after the goals and game. Anybody else hear or see that?

He mentioned he had heard rumours, I've also heard several rumours over the last 2 years about it...they're just rumours, though.

He mentioned he had heard rumours, I've also heard several rumours over the last 2 years about it...they're just rumours, though.

Love your sig!! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

did anybody else hear that Andrei kostitsyn has recieved an offer from a russian club ??

hope its just a rumour.

did anybody else hear that Andrei kostitsyn has recieved an offer from a russian club ??

hope its just a rumour.

Yeah, it said in the Gazette that there was a rumour that AK Bars Kazan offered him 4 million a year (more than double what he'll make in the NHL) but Andrei reportedly laughed out loud at that one.

He probably wishes it were true though.

Yeah, it said in the Gazette that there was a rumour that AK Bars Kazan offered him 4 million a year (more than double what he'll make in the NHL) but Andrei reportedly laughed out loud at that one.

he will get it really soon though.

he will get it really soon though.

If he signs a short extension, say two years, and then pops 30+ in both years, he'll be getting at least that.

According to "the fourth period" the habs are intersted in bringing Yashin in.

Yes, that's what the habs need, another soft player who disappears in the playoffs.

Let the rumor season officially begin.

I say they go after Hossa very hard, if they don't land him they may not do much.

Draft day i hope they move Grabs and a first to move up a few spots.

According to "the fourth period" the habs are intersted in bringing Yashin in.

:lol:

Good one !! Like that's going to happen :lol:

What's this, 3 years in a row that we've been rumoured to be interested in Yashin? Can they not get creative?

That wish is about to become true, AS MARTIN ERAT due to become RFA, just signs with his team, Predators, 4.5 million a year for 7 years!!

and compare the stats:

Here we go,

Erat signs a 30 plus million 7 year contract as he is about to become a RFA:

2007-08 76 23 34 57 -3 40 163 14.11 HE is 26 years old, and picked 191 in his draft year

Andrei Kostitsyn:

2007-08 78 26 27 53 +15 29 156 16.67 , 23 years old and picked 10th overall

Other players like Penner with 23 goals this year, is making 4 million plus on a 5 year contract.

Look at Mike Richards contract etc...

Andrei will be looking for this type of contract

Refer my comments in habs section, so will HIGGINS, PLEKANEC, KOMISAREK, ..

and what happens next year, with KOIVU, KOVALEV,

who stays,? who goes? ( does one of the younger guys sign elsewhere? get traded at deadline for a Rental??, Does Koivu join his younger brother in Minnesota to end his career? hmmm)

Why maybe Streit gets offered less, why Huet gets traded, etc... and maybe why HOSSA maybe to expensive, first priority take care of your own back yard first!!

Why maybe Streit gets offered less, why Huet gets traded, etc... and maybe why HOSSA maybe to expensive, first priority take care of your own back yard first!!

Thats right, by adding a nice new gazebossa.

:hlogo:

The major difference is that Erat is one of the central core players in Nashville with Arnott and Legwand. In Montreal, Andrei is behind quite a few players. Yes, he played on our best line this season, but he is still just one of the guys, he isn't one of the threats that the only team focuses on each time we play them. Nashville is one of those threats for Nashville.

I was watching Off season plan on TSN for the teams up to Black Hawks.

One team to watch to buy middle range UFA at high cost is definetely Blue Jackets.

With Hitchcock on board and full development of Nash and Leclaire they will be on board

for sure to buy free agents like Streit just to name him but they seem ready to unload some prospects, Hitchcock

never been good with prospects.

I think the Habs should take a shot to Derick Brassard, i really think he would be the perfect fit for Latendresse,

they had chemistry before and he is a damn good hockey player.

I was watching Off season plan on TSN for the teams up to Black Hawks.

One team to watch to buy middle range UFA at high cost is definetely Blue Jackets.

With Hitchcock on board and full development of Nash and Leclaire they will be on board

for sure to buy free agents like Streit just to name him but they seem ready to unload some prospects, Hitchcock

never been good with prospects.

I think the Habs should take a shot to Derick Brassard, i really think he would be the perfect fit for Latendresse,

they had chemistry before and he is a damn good hockey player.

that could happen in columbus but theres no way the jackets trade brassard away.

Brassard might have chemistry with Latendresse but it's still a long shot considering the roster situation with Columbus.

They'd want Plekanec back in the deal but I'm not even sure Plekanec is the centre they are looking for to combine with Nash and Zherdev.

(Plekanec because he's our best free centre without a no trade clause.)

Brassard might have chemistry with Latendresse but it's still a long shot considering the roster situation with Columbus.

They'd want Plekanec back in the deal but I'm not even sure Plekanec is the centre they are looking for to combine with Nash and Zherdev.

(Plekanec because he's our best free centre without a no trade clause.)

They (Colombus)will probably offer Sundin a ton of $$, he would be the perfect centre for Nash.

So their centre need short term is focused there.

Still if they signed Sundin, Brule or Brassard could be on the market for a defensemen and a second goalie.

Gorges and Halak.

Seeing how this year's UFA pool is thin on centres, Columbus should either stick with the young ones or trade for a centre. I have my doubts on Sundin signings with the Jackets.

At quick glance the only decent looking centres are Langkow (whom is rumored to have an extension all set to go aside some minor details) and Craig Conroy whom is ready to take a huge pay cut to stay with the Flames. Not exactly the guys you want with Nash and Zherdev.

Forsberg is pretty much out of the equation for Columbus.

Well, Le Baron on RDS pretty much confirmed that Higgins was the main reason why Gainey didn't pull the Hossa trigger.

I had a feeling it was Chris who was the missing piece that the Trashers absolutely wanted but in the end I'm still happy Bob didn't make the deal. I still think Higgins could be one heck of a player. Keep in mind, Higgins plays a power forward style of hockey and those types of players are the longest to develop in the NHL.

Well, Le Baron on RDS pretty much confirmed that Higgins was the main reason why Gainey didn't pull the Hossa trigger.

I had a feeling it was Chris who was the missing piece that the Trashers absolutely wanted but in the end I'm still happy Bob didn't make the deal. I still think Higgins could be one heck of a player. Keep in mind, Higgins plays a power forward style of hockey and those types of players are the longest to develop in the NHL.

hossa @ MTL

64M/8yrs