Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund has Hartsburg being the coach of the Sens. An e5 rating. I'll bite on this since there's been strong non-Ek rumours of Hartsburg coaching the Sens.

IMO: Bad move Murray. His last tenure didn't go so well. He has gained experience with Team Canada but this is still a little risky.

On the other hand I still ask myself why Paddock was sacked :lol:

The Selanne talk is going on again.

According to Beachmin, a teammate of Selanne, this move is not going to happen because Selanne's family is established in LA and children attend LA Schools. Selanne will either play for Ducks or not play

Actually, it would be the perfect scenario under those circumstances.

Selanne wouldn't pay the dreaded tax rate of Quebec/Canada since he could easily prove that he's just in Montreal for work related reasons.

Selanne wouldn't pay the dreaded tax rate of Quebec/Canada since he could easily prove that he's just in Montreal for work related reasons.

I hadn't thought of this.

:hlogo:

Has that happened before for any Habs players?

Has that happened before for any Habs players?

I'm not sure about Habs players but it did for baseball. A whole bunch of Expos players got placed in this specific group and didn't have to pay a single dollar for Quebec related income taxes.

Eklund makes money based on the amount of people who visit his website. It's only normal he's going to post something around this time of year since it's a hot bed for hockey rumors.

The following video from June 10th has Steve Ludzik of the Score stating Sundin to Montreal - no question!

It's mentioned at the 8:10 mark - time remaining in the video.

VIDEO - 10 Minute Misconduct June 10 - THE SCORE

The following link is old but I figured I'd post this for clarification and maybe some of you missed it:

Spector's Hockey - The Latest on Mats Sundin May 30, 2008.

:popcorn:

Montreal attempting to acquire Columbus 6th overall or 19th? Are we trading up?

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH - Info on rumours and potential trades - link

"San Jose, Ottawa, Florida and Montreal are interested in one of the Blue Jackets' first two picks, NHL sources say, but such a trade wouldn't likely go down until after the first five picks play out Friday".

The asking price for the 6th will likely cost us Plekanec. So, I'm thinking BOb might be after the 19th pick.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Montreal attempting to acquire Columbus 6th overall or 19th? Are we trading up?

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH - Info on rumours and potential trades - link

The asking price for the 6th will likely cost us Plekanec. So, I'm thinking BOb might be after the 19th pick.

The only way Pleks goes is if Sundin is a for sure signing.

Makes you think a bit huh?

The only way Pleks goes is if Sundin is a for sure signing.

Makes you think a bit huh?

It does, but anything could happen. I think BOb would also receive a late pick in return if it's for Pleks. If we get Sundin, that makes it tricky for Koivu or Plekanec on the depth chart. In other news, the Hossa rumours are intensifying. If Shero offered Hossa 50 million over 7 years, what's the hold up? I thought he wanted to stay with the Pens. What is the holdup then? Finalizations? Eklund ( :lol: ) rumours us to be attempting to trade for his UFA rights. Boston is in the mix as well as the Rag$ for him. But, when I add it all up it seems like it might be Hossa for us (I said this last year about Briere ^_^ ). Koivu and Kovalev are going to have their contracts expire. BOb wants to bring in a big gun because there's no guarantee that both the K's will be back. We can also beat Pittsburghs offer.

Do we want to? I don't know but if he plays for us in the playoffs like he did in the 3rd and 4th round - I'll take it! If not........

A sinful overpayment on a two year deal to Mats makes more sense as far as long term stability goes for the Habs.

It does, but anything could happen. I think BOb would also receive a late pick in return if it's for Pleks. If we get Sundin, that makes it tricky for Koivu or Plekanec on the depth chart. In other news, the Hossa rumours are intensifying. If Shero offered Hossa 50 million over 7 years, what's the hold up? I thought he wanted to stay with the Pens. What is the holdup then? Finalizations? Eklund ( :lol: ) rumours us to be attempting to trade for his UFA rights. Boston is in the mix as well as the Rag$ for him. But, when I add it all up it seems like it might be Hossa for us (I said this last year about Briere ^_^ ). Koivu and Kovalev are going to have their contracts expire. BOb wants to bring in a big gun because there's no guarantee that both the K's will be back. We can also beat Pittsburghs offer.

Do we want to? I don't know but if he plays for us in the playoffs like he did in the 3rd and 4th round - I'll take it! If not........

A sinful overpayment on a two year deal to Mats makes more sense as far as long term stability goes for the Habs.

I don't know.

I don't want to be in deep for the long term with a guy like Hossa, just because of his personality.

Sundin should be the first and only option for Bob until a decision is made by Sundin's camp.

I don't know.

I don't want to be in deep for the long term with a guy like Hossa, just because of his personality.

Sundin should be the first and only option for Bob until a decision is made by Sundin's camp.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The long term Hossa thing scares me.

I wouldn't trade our 25 year old first line centre for a 6th overall pick.

It's possible a trade would go like this:

Player + 25th pick for 7th pick. In that case, no need for Plekanec to be the difference there.

Believe me, if it snags Colin Wilson to Montreal he's going to make you forget about Plekanec.

Probably Timmins would do the same move and would be pushing for it BUT on the short term plan

centre position is not a place we can unload our best current asset.

We are not in a rebuilding process. We have to strenght up the rooster.

Could not move defense prospect because of the depth of D this year.

No major moves. Just a pick that everybody says WTF !!!

I wouldn't trade our 25 year old first line centre for a 6th overall pick.

It's possible a trade would go like this:

Player + 25th pick for 7th pick. In that case, no need for Plekanec to be the difference there.

I'm not saying BOb would do this. I wouldn't. The reason I mentioned Pleks is that the rumoured asking price is a centre to play with Nash or a top 2/3 D. I think Howson is asking too much for the pick IMO.