Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Well i for one want to see Kovalev him compete for another full year. He has only had 1 good year in Montreal. Let him earn a contract by doing his thing this year. Remeber there are several people becoming UFA's at the end next season. Let them eran their money.

I wouldn't have a problem letting all of them walk including Kovalev. The UFA season next year is loaded with talent, why waste money on 38 year olds and players on the down side of there careers, it doesn't make sense.

HE HAS HAD 2 GOOD YEARS ACTUALLY.

With 4 MAJOR Ufa to be (Tanguay, Komi, Koivu, Kovalev) I don't think Gainey will start negos before a while. What if he extends Kovalev, but Tanguay has a mammoth season?

All things being equal, instead of doing 4 X 4.5 right now (let's say they all agree to sign at 4.5M each), one will deserve 5.5, two will prove they're worth 4.5 and another one will have a somewhat bad season and won't be able to get more than 3.5... (just an example, figures are fictive, since Mr. Ryder was able to get 4M, they will all get above that)

So now Samsonov is to blame for Kovalev's shitty year? sigh

eh, why not.... sounds good, though highly, highly dubious (especially since he didn't start scoring at will when Sammy was benched).

So now Samsonov is to blame for Kovalev's shitty year? sigh

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

There is no question about that!! wrote endless threads about that! No doubt about it and U better believe it !!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

There is no question about that!! wrote endless threads about that! No doubt about it and U better believe it !!!

Whatever get's you through the night.

pls resign kovalev and stop hoping for some damn UFA's to sign with us cause they never do anyway. Komisarek's an UFA next summer? Sign the dude to a 10 year 5million deal as quick as possible. He is worth it.

pls resign kovalev and stop hoping for some damn UFA's to sign with us cause they never do anyway. Komisarek's an UFA next summer? Sign the dude to a 10 year 5million deal as quick as possible. He is worth it.

You are joking, right?

Great idea. That way we can waste 5 million a year by refusing to retire when he can hardly skate.

Dalhabs is talking about Komisarek. I agree with him 100%. I hope they lock him up VERY long term

lol we're so bad!! we were 3-4 to read to fast and just see

Kovalev 10 years 5M

there was a Komisarek in there somewhere:P

nice find matt :clap:

lol we're so bad!! we were 3-4 to read to fast and just see

Kovalev 10 years 5M

there was a Komisarek in there somewhere:P

nice find matt :clap:

Oye :wacko:

Maybe 10 years is a little too long for my liking, but I'd definitely offer him a 7-8 year deal in the 30 to 33 million$ range(average of approx. 4.5 million$ per year) I seriously think Komi would take that offer.

I just hope Bob will change his mind and finish the negotiations with Komi during the season. He can NOT afford to wait til next summer, cause if he does the Komisarek clan will want to test the free agent waters and you can bet your ass that some idiot GM will offer him 6 million $ per year!

I just hope Bob will change his mind and finish the negotiations with Komi during the season. He can NOT afford to wait til next summer, cause if he does the Komisarek clan will want to test the free agent waters and you can bet your ass that some idiot GM will offer him 6 million $ per year!

While BG has rarely re-signed players during the season, it has happened. Specifically, I seem to remember Koivu getting an extension mid-season at one point. I do not believe that BG has any hard and fast rules for contract negotiations, he simply does what he thinks is reasonable at any time. I think he was quite comfortable with Streit leaving (didn't Streit say that the team made virtually no effort to get him back). In fact, the only "one that got away" that I can think of is Souray and that turned out pretty well.

I would not be surprised to see both Komisarek and Higgins sign extensions during the upcoming season. It'd be really nice if Bob could stagger the terms.