Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Miss Shanahan said no 2 years ago. Screw them !!!

now he would like to come to montreal ?!! thats BS

all he deserves is to play in florida or in phoenix!! or worse: new jersey !!

The word is St. Louis.

For the record, I don't want him in MTL. I did 2 years ago, but times have changed and you're not needed, Shanny.

what the hell is this about?

Why would Montreal want Shanahan, he is 39 years old, don't care if he is right hand shot, HE CANNOT skate with this young team. NY Rangers did not sign him after his being on the team for 2 years, that is a clear indication this player has gone past his prime. The team is young, fast and aggressive and has no place for this player. Who cares what the sports media in Montreal writes, this is not the team for this player.

I saw on TV tonight that apparently according to some Russian Hockey newspaper the Habs and the Leafs are interested in dealing with the Thrashers for Ilya Kovalchuk.

I dont know if there's any truth to that rumour(I seriously doubt it), but THAT'S the kind of Player i'd love to see in Montreal!!!!

Why would Montreal want Shanahan, he is 39 years old, don't care if he is right hand shot, HE CANNOT skate with this young team. NY Rangers did not sign him after his being on the team for 2 years, that is a clear indication this player has gone past his prime. The team is young, fast and aggressive and has no place for this player. Who cares what the sports media in Montreal writes, this is not the team for this player.

you obviously misread my post my question is why Ecurb has decided to leave the forum What the hell is going on? what is this fight about? Why is everyone so touchy? christ almighty it is just a hockey forum.

you obviously misread my post my question is why Ecurb has decided to leave the forum What the hell is going on? what is this fight about? Why is everyone so touchy? christ almighty it is just a hockey forum.

He probably clicked the Reply at the bottom of your post instead of the Add Reply at the bottom of the page, which would have been only just below your post.

Did you not think I was F***ing with you ?

I have a sense of humour.

But, this is my last post., I'm gone.

Lets hope we win the cup. :clap:

Hey Ecurb, I didn't mean to insult you, I was just being a goof and teasing you about how all your messages have very short truncated lines (like a japanese haiku). Stupid joke - I apologize.... please stick around!

• 2 weeks later...
An Avs writer says he has been hearing rumblings of Halak for Brett Clark. Seriously?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2008/11/08/clark-scuttlebut/

en francais

paid too much.

halak for a 4th D seems likely to happen sometime this season.

Edited by marky_and_komi

I dreamt that we had traded Higgins for a dude named Hopkins, apparently a hot up and coming RH centerman...

I rarely dream... and usually, it's about things that do exist... but this Hopkins guy doesn't seem to exist...

the only one I found is this one :

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000164/

en francais

paid too much.

halak for a 4th D seems likely to happen sometime this season.

Hope not. I've said it before, I'll say it again: what if Price gets hurt? Without Halak, kiss any hope of a Cup run goodbye.

Hope not. I've said it before, I'll say it again: what if Price gets hurt? Without Halak, kiss any hope of a Cup run goodbye.

You really think that Halak can win a cup as a starter ?? Maybe one day but he's not there.

able-price or not, Canadiens come-from-behind-all-the-time-style will not get them over the 1st round.

You really think that Halak can win a cup as a starter ?? Maybe one day but he's not there.

able-price or not, Canadiens come-from-behind-all-the-time-style will not get them over the 1st round.

I agree with the second part of your statement. But I don't think that magical 4th defender is the answer. The problem is overall team commitment to defence. If we get that, then the personnel issue will suddenly seem less urgent.

Halak as a starter, of course not (yet). But he has proven to me that he can deliver the goods for an extended stretch of time, as he did during the drive to the playoffs in 06. He is a talented young goalie, and we'd at least have a *shot* if he got into the zone and rode it. Marc Denis has proven mostly that he can play himself out of staters' roles even once they're handed to him.

You need depth at every position, goal included.

I agree with the second part of your statement. But I don't think that magical 4th defender is the answer. The problem is overall team commitment to defence. If we get that, then the personnel issue will suddenly seem less urgent.

Halak as a starter, of course not (yet). But he has proven to me that he can deliver the goods for an extended stretch of time, as he did during the drive to the playoffs in 06. He is a talented young goalie, and we'd at least have a *shot* if he got into the zone and rode it. Marc Denis has proven mostly that he can play himself out of staters' roles even once they're handed to him.

You need depth at every position, goal included.

Very well put. It is surprising that with the defensive responsibilties shown by our manager and coaches as players, and the hockey sense of our current roster that we aren't a better 2 way team. If we become that we complete the picture, with our current pairings. Dumb penalties in the offensive zone while on the PP, poor back checking habits, floating, coasting, missed goals :angry: (way too many)...I don't know, hope it get's better by puck drop! Kick me ex wifes hens in the butt please! Bury those damn passes!!!! Kovalev should have 20 assists by now!

Halak has proven to be very good when he gets on a roll. He is our best hope behind Price as of now. Can Rollie fix M Denis? Doubted it. Didn't understand the acquisition and still was beyond me until I looked and saw his current stats in Dogland. Rollie do that? Don't we still have some Europeans goalies? Where is Heino-Lindburg in development or is he gone? How about the giant we drafted this year? He coming along? If they make the nets bigger how much of a commodity is a 7 ft goalie? I like most I hear about Desjardins so far. Did we go from so deep in nets we threw Danis away to shallow? I don't think we are there yet. But yes, beyond Halak it would be hoping on someone unexpected to walk in and pull a Halak like appearance!

Jason Missiaen

Looked it up myself, looks like he is .913 after 12 games, not bad on a so/so Petes team .

How about this on Robert Mayer, "Inconsistent between the pipes, Mayer shows flashes of greatness but follows it up with goaltending that is closer to resembling the famous cheese from his home country of Switzerland"

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/robert_mayer

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Very well put. It is surprising that with the defensive responsibilties shown by our manager and coaches as players, and the hockey sense of our current roster that we aren't a better 2 way team. If we become that we complete the picture, with our current pairings. Dumb penalties in the offensive zone while on the PP, poor back checking habits, floating, coasting, missed goals :angry: (way too many)...I don't know, hope it get's better by puck drop! Kick me ex wifes hens in the butt please! Bury those damn passes!!!! Kovalev should have 20 assists by now!

Halak has proven to be very good when he gets on a roll. He is our best hope behind Price as of now. Can Rollie fix M Denis? Doubted it. Didn't understand the acquisition and still was beyond me until I looked and saw his current stats in Dogland. Rollie do that? Don't we still have some Europeans goalies? Where is Heino-Lindburg in development or is he gone? How about the giant we drafted this year? He coming along? If they make the nets bigger how much of a commodity is a 7 ft goalie? I like most I hear about Desjardins so far. Did we go from so deep in nets we threw Danis away to shallow? I don't think we are there yet. But yes, beyond Halak it would be hoping on someone unexpected to walk in and pull a Halak like appearance!

Jason Missiaen

Looked it up myself, looks like he is .913 after 12 games, not bad on a so/so Petes team .

How about this on Robert Mayer, "Inconsistent between the pipes, Mayer shows flashes of greatness but follows it up with goaltending that is closer to resembling the famous cheese from his home country of Switzerland"

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/robert_mayer

he was probaby signed on melancon's recommandation so there's potential there !! let the kid grow.

Well, if we follow my line of thinking and DON'T trade Halak, then there's no immediate concern about our long-term situation in goal: we'll have two of the league's better young goalies.

An Avs writer says he has been hearing rumblings of Halak for Brett Clark. Seriously?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2008/11/08/clark-scuttlebut/

That's a bad joke. Bob would have to be out of his mind to make that trade...unless there is a different Brett Clark. Even BC and a 1st rounder for Halak would be risky.

That's a bad joke. Bob would have to be out of his mind to make that trade...unless there is a different Brett Clark. Even BC and a 1st rounder for Halak would be risky.

not really since Colorado would yeild a top 12 draft pick on a quality year.

not really since Colorado would yeild a top 12 draft pick on a quality year.

Yes, I see your point about the top 12 pick, but I'd still rather have Halak in case Price is hurt or falters. I'm not convinced yet that Denis' resurrection in the AHL will carry over to the NHL and I'd rather not find out that it doesnt.

Yes, I see your point about the top 12 pick, but I'd still rather have Halak in case Price is hurt or falters. I'm not convinced yet that Denis' resurrection in the AHL will carry over to the NHL and I'd rather not find out that it doesnt.

the problem with halak is that he hasn't picked up the ball when given a chance. in any case I don't think that Halak can carry the load in the playoffs so theres no point keeping him.

as for Denis, I'm not sure too if he'll ever be an NHL goalie again.

And now Bob McKenzie - someone who's actually plugged in - hints that Gaborik to Montreal is at least a possibility. Go read his comments on TSN. (I'm not providing the link.)

And now Bob McKenzie - someone who's actually plugged in - hints that Gaborik to Montreal is at least a possibility. Go read his comments on TSN. (I'm not providing the link.)

:angry: