Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

sorry to insult your hero guys but i still think he 's an idiot and reports shite that a 3 year old could see through. He makes it sound like he has an inside track when in actual fact I think he just wants sell memberships to his site. so he says whatever outrageous thing he can. Montreal are never going to trade either Markov or Komi so why talk about it like it is imminent? It ain't gonna happen so it is bullshit. :lol:

Did you read any of BTH's post to which you responded? Saying that it will take Markov or Komi to get Vinny does not, I repeat DOES NOT, imply that we have offered either player or would even consider offering either player for Vinny. It simply means that Tampa wants a top D-man in any offer for Vinny. Look at their team and you can see why. All you have to do is put two and two together to realize that if Tampa wants a top D and if Montreal wants Vinny, then Tampa would demand Komi or Markov to be part of any deal with Montreal. Reporting that doesn't even really require inside info, just common sense. The same common sense that BTH and Colin displayed.

Ecklund deserves crap for a lot of things, but are you really gonna crucify him on this? It's one of the few things that he reports that actually makes sense. I mean, that could very well be how a conversation between Gainey and Tampa went:

Bob - "What will it take to get Vinny?"

Tampa - "A top pairing D, blah, blah, and blah pick."

Bob - "I can't give up either of my top D pairing, how about blah instead?"

Tampa - "Sorry, we'll wait for a team who is willing to trade us an established D and those other things."

Bob - "Alright, well call me back if you change your mind. Good bye, sir."

Did you read any of BTH's post to which you responded? Saying that it will take Markov or Komi to get Vinny does not, I repeat DOES NOT, imply that we have offered either player or would even consider offering either player for Vinny. It simply means that Tampa wants a top D-man in any offer for Vinny. Look at their team and you can see why. All you have to do is put two and two together to realize that if Tampa wants a top D and if Montreal wants Vinny, then Tampa would demand Komi or Markov to be part of any deal with Montreal. Reporting that doesn't even really require inside info, just common sense. The same common sense that BTH and Colin displayed.

Ecklund deserves crap for a lot of things, but are you really gonna crucify him on this? It's one of the few things that he reports that actually makes sense. I mean, that could very well be how a conversation between Gainey and Tampa went:

Tampa - "Sorry, we'll wait for a team who is willing to trade us an established D and those other things."

Perhaps team X would be happy to get our "blah" and send a package to Tampa to get vinny who they would then flip to us?

I know dreaming in technicolor, but stranger things have happened.

If we can get Kuba out of Ottawa, that would be great but he's been one of their most valuable players. I don't know if his contract is expiring or not but if it is then I think we'll have enough to get him.

Kuba is in the last year of his contract. He is making 3 million this season and will become an UFA as of July 1 2009!

If he hadn't just signed a with SC Bern for the playoffs, I would have been interested in a guy like Keith Carney. He wouldn't really help the powerplay, but he's a rock defensively even at his age, and has always been a great playoff performer. He wouldn't cost a thing, and yet I think he would have a significant impact on our defense (doing what O'Byrne was expected to do this year).

you haven't read my posts. if it was reported the way you say it fine. But idiot sticks reports as the ONLY way it is going to happen is for markov Or komi going the other way. And he makes it sound like that is actually likely. It isn't and this is just another piece of shit reporting by a guy who had sundin signing every 2 days all summer long.

you haven't read my posts. if it was reported the way you say it fine. But idiot sticks reports as the ONLY way it is going to happen is for markov Or komi going the other way. And he makes it sound like that is actually likely. It isn't and this is just another piece of shit reporting by a guy who had sundin signing every 2 days all summer long.

I went at looked at that particular post on HockeyBuzz and it doesn't sound imminent at all, nor does it sound like Montreal is actually considering it. His report matches up perfectly with the hypothetical conversation I posted.

People talking to Tampa --> Talks heating up --> Tampa making it's demands known --> top pairing D-man desired --> Montreal would like Vinny --> Tampa asking for Markov or Komi --> End of story

Like I said, Eklund deserves his share of crap, but calling him out on what seems to actually be a sensible post is just funny.

If he hadn't just signed a with SC Bern for the playoffs, I would have been interested in a guy like Keith Carney. He wouldn't really help the powerplay, but he's a rock defensively even at his age, and has always been a great playoff performer. He wouldn't cost a thing, and yet I think he would have a significant impact on our defense (doing what O'Byrne was expected to do this year).

I'm not sure a defensive d-man is what Bob had in mind. Sure, we need a d-man who is solid defensively, but we also need a d-man who can be useful on the Pp at the Point..someone who has a decent shot on net!

Kuba is in the last year of his contract. He is making 3 million this season and will become an UFA as of July 1 2009!

This tells me 2 things:

1) The Meszaros deal turned out to be crap!

2) This is probably the most realistic option out there for us. I'd prefer not to give Higgins but we could probably still make it happen. Guys like Chipchura and D'Agostini and our spare D prospects should interest Ottawa, as well as any pick. Ottawa has nothing to gain by keeping him and our prospect depth could be put to much better use in acquiring Kuba than Lecavalier.

I went at looked at that particular post on HockeyBuzz and it doesn't sound imminent at all, nor does it sound like Montreal is actually considering it. His report matches up perfectly with the hypothetical conversation I posted.

People talking to Tampa --> Talks heating up --> Tampa making it's demands known --> top pairing D-man desired --> Montreal would like Vinny --> Tampa asking for Markov or Komi --> End of story

Like I said, Eklund deserves his share of crap, but calling him out on what seems to actually be a sensible post is just funny.

well i have read it as well and see it differently than you do. You don't agree with me? who cares it is just a discussion now lets just agree to disagree and leave it alone. I am not even sure what the argument is anymore nor do i care> Ek is an idiot and always will be.

I've said it before...I think Brett Clark would be a good d-man for the Habs to acquire. He can score, play the PP, block shots, can log heavy minutes and while he's had an off year offensively he appears to be turning it around...he's also signed for one more year at only 3.5M which is not a terrible contract for a legit top 4 d-man.

Kuba would be interesting but I'd rather they not deal with a team we play as often as the Sens. It's unrealistic to think they would...MAYBE they'd deal with the Leafs since they'll likely be mired in mediocrity for a few years.

BY the way, Mr. Lawton (Tampa Bay GM) was on the team 990 this afternoon with Tony Marinaro. Marinaro asked him if he had any discussions with Bob Gainey in the recent past. Lawton said that he did talk to Gainey and Mr Gillett on a regular basis, however he hadn't done so lately! (talk about contradicting yourself)

Then he went on to say that at no time was Lecavalier ever mentionned in trade talkks (whether it be with Montreal, Edmonton or New-York).

This coming from a man who signed Dan Boyle to a huge contract, said that Boyle would retire as a Bolt, then proceeded to trade hiim less than 3 months later!

I can understand that many reporters and other people in the media will say anything to be noticed (and start rumours in the process), BUt if anyone in the Hockey world can be somewhat trustworthy, it's Bob Mackenzie! Mackenzie doesn'T have a reputation to build, he doesn'T have to make himself known. He has proven over the past 2 decades that he is THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE guy in the Hockey world. I'll believe Mackenzie before i'll believe a proven liar like Layton!

This coming from a man who signed Dan Boyle to a huge contract, said that Boyle would retire as a Bolt, then proceeded to trade hiim less than 3 months later!

Actually, it was Feaster who signed Boyle, as the deal was done just prior to the trade deadline last season...Lawton didn't take over till halfway through the summer.

As for Clark, not a bad player, but his contract is. With all of these pending FA's (both RFA and UFA), do you really want a #4/5 defenceman making $3.5 million? If that money's going to him, who off the current roster is leaving next year?

Actually, it was Feaster who signed Boyle, as the deal was done just prior to the trade deadline last season...Lawton didn't take over till halfway through the summer.

As for Clark, not a bad player, but his contract is. With all of these pending FA's (both RFA and UFA), do you really want a #4/5 defenceman making $3.5 million? If that money's going to him, who off the current roster is leaving next year?

Well, I think Clark is a very clear 2nd pairing d-man who can fill time on the top pairing if needed. For $3.5M that's worthwhile IMO. I believe that he's overpaid by maybe $500K...which is not a major obstacle for a big team need.

You've got Brisebois, Dandenault, Kostopolous, Begin and, I believe, even a buyout on Cullimore and Salmalainen on the books this year. This team could absorb the loss of any and all of those guys this off-season. Even Bouillon at almost $2M could be replaced cheaper. There is $7.1M on those 5 guys and 2 buyouts...with Clark you would essentially need 1 3rd pairing dman and 2 4th line forwards to squeeze in...you don't think we could acquire a 3rd pairing d-man and a couple 4th liners for $3.6M? You could just keep Kostopolous, Begin and O'Byrne for less then that number...

What's with the Clark obsession? The habs need a puck moving D with a big shot. Clark is not that guy. Boumeester, Vishnekski (edmonton) maybe Liles from the Avs ans others fit the the bill. If someone asked me what D Bg should go get, i don't think Clark would be in the top 50. I have no idea who Clark would be an upgrade over.

On another note, i doubt VL goes to the habs, if they want Markov or Komi as part of the deal, i don't see how BG makes that move. Unless he sees Weber, Subban as can't miss offensive Dmen. Emelin and McDonagh are more in the Hamrlik mold.

I'm sure the rumor mill will be picking up steam soon.

What's with the Clark obsession? The habs need a puck moving D with a big shot. Clark is not that guy. Boumeester, Vishnekski (edmonton) maybe Liles from the Avs ans others fit the the bill. If someone asked me what D Bg should go get, i don't think Clark would be in the top 50. I have no idea who Clark would be an upgrade over.

On another note, i doubt VL goes to the habs, if they want Markov or Komi as part of the deal, i don't see how BG makes that move. Unless he sees Weber, Subban as can't miss offensive Dmen. Emelin and McDonagh are more in the Hamrlik mold.

I wouldn't call it an obsession...just the guy whom I think would fit. Clark scored double digits in goals a couple years ago which is well above average for a d-man and had a nice PPG pace last year. He's underacheived this year, looks like he's starting to pick up the pace again. He's not Bouwmeester or Liles offensively but that's not what the Habs really need. They need a guy who will be solid in his own end and can play point on the PP. Clark fits that bill. He and Komi would be beasts blocking shots too. He'd also be much easier to acquire given his performance through the first half was below his norms, he's slightly overpaid, the Avs have no real shot (IMO)...so he wouldn't cost the farm like a Bouwmeester would. You guys need to stop thinking that the Habs are going to pick up one of the top tier guys and look at the guys who can fill a good role...you don't say you need a #4 and then say we should get Bouwmeester who is a #1 on most teams.

It also doesn't hurt I have him on my SK fantasy team and Habs players always have better value since almost every GM is a Habs fan...lol

After our last two 'performances', I'd hope so. Enjoy your time off, lads - seems you started your break a few days early.

For HabsFan: Québecois. Content? En tout cas, il est probablement plus floridien maintenant que Québecois...

For HabsFan: Québecois. Content? En tout cas, il est probablement plus floridien maintenant que Québecois...

No need to get mad..i was just pointing out the proper term! :D

Lecavalier to his agent : Anywhere but here !!! It's hell i don't want to be a superstar,

i just want to be paid like a superstar.

I saw pictures of Lecavalier arriving at Dorval Internatinal Airport. He was swarmed by a mob of Autograph seekers, camera men and reporters!

Bet you he's not used to that kind of reception in Tampa!