Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I hope he won't be here in a few weeks.

Habsrule, were you being sarcastic about Kovalev being good most of the year? 13 goals isn't good, D'Agi almost has that many in half the games.

I also agree with you that he takes too much blame but he has played really bad this year along with many others.

If Lang was still healthy, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But I fear that the type of injury he suffered will end his career, or at least, make him a shadow of himself. I think Tangs can still get better, so I'd sign him and Koivu.

oh, and his age too, etc... i was just talking pointlessly.

The Habs and the Rangers are both playing below what there teams hoped. I know teams don't like to make trades with each other when they have a good chance of meeting each other in the playoffs but you have to trade with someone and in todays NHL the races are close. Here is something I have been thinking about for a while. I don't think Gainey will resign Kovalev and I don't think his trade value is too high right now with most teams but I feel there is 1 team out there that might give him a shot. The Rangers are looking to take Avery back so why not Kovalev? Kovalev has won a cup with the Rangers and he does play good in the playoffs. So here is what I hope Bob Gainey pulls off ( remember he stole Kovalev from the Rangers before ). The Habs would send .........

Kovalev 35 years old 4.5 million cap hit ufa at the end of the year 38 points in 54 games this year

+

Plekance 25 years old 1.6 million cap hit rfa at the end of the year 23 points in 54 games this year

FOR

Naslund 34 years old 4 million cap hit signed next year for 3 million 34 points in 54 games this year

+

Dubinsky 22 years old .650 cap hit rfa at the end of the year 27 points in 54 games

Now maybe there might have to be draft pick or mid level prospect thrown in there 1 way or the other depending on which gm is smarter or more willing to make the trade. To me it feels the Rangers needs a big offensive player and a young offensive player that had a great year last year and has lots of upside to fill in for Gomez or Drury if the rangers decide to trade 1 of them this year or next.

For the Habs it gives them a new look on and off the ice and maybe a chance for some of the younger player to take a leadership role in the room and on the ice. Naslund is a good power play guy and should help the Habs in that area and Dubinsky might be that big tough centreman the habs have been looking for for a while. the Habs sure would look good bigger down the middle with Dubinsky and Maxin as there # 2 and 3 centermen.

I'm liking all the rumours. It's pretty undeniable that Bob is looking at all sorts of options. Lecavalier, Richards, Jokinen, Kaberle, Pronger, Bouwmeester.... At least we know that Gainey wants to get something big done and we can probably expect at least one move of the sort to happen.

I hope he won't be here in a few weeks.

Habsrule, were you being sarcastic about Kovalev being good most of the year? 13 goals isn't good, D'Agi almost has that many in half the games.

I also agree with you that he takes too much blame but he has played really bad this year along with many others.

He has some assists too though. Kovy's probably a lot more of a playmaker than D'Agostini is. I think of D'Ago as another Ryder, but hopefully more complete.

I have to disagree with the people who are calling Kovy's season really bad or dismal. He has 2 PPG full seasons in his career, he's probably on his usual pace this season. But then again, I also hear that Kovy's point per game performance in the playoffs was a disappearing act, and that his 65 points in 69 point season in Montreal was a mediocre one.

Compared to last year, yes, he's horrible. But last year was his second best season ever, and his best on a team that didn't include Jagr and Lemieux. He has never been a consistent scoring machine. Just a talented player that can take over a game when he's up to it.

Edited by BTH

Could it be that Kovalev is trying to do too much because his linemates are doing nothing but standing and watching him - especially on the PP?

I thought he played much better when Lang moved to his line (Kovalev-Lang-A Kost produced A Kost's best hockey of the season), but the PP problems remain the same: little or no movement, everyone waiting for someone to 'make something happen'. Obviously, when you've go the talent and and the gonads Kovalev has, he'll try all sorts of fancy sh*te. He is the lightning rod for criticism for the team, but he's 36 and logged a lot of miles, he isn't the player he was, but who is helping out? Plex?

Tonight he is playing with Plex opposite Dandenault, and I'm sure if he doesn't get a goal and two assists everyone will say he's had another sh*t game. A guy who can no longer make any sort of play and another who is mediocrity defined.

If you are going to criticise someone with D'Agostini's goals as the mark, surely you look at Higgins. Kovalev is a totally different beast.

Something isn't working right, perhaps we can get something for his rep / expiring contract in package deal.

so does anyone feel the rangers would go for a trdae like I posted ?

It isn't horrible, but I wouldn't do it as the Habs GM and I don't think Sather wants Kovalev back.

You would trade Dubinsky for Plex ??

From the Ragz's perspective? Probably not. But my answer is the same from our perspective. It depends if you're thinking of Plekanec as the player he was last year having an off-season, or this year's Plekanec, who rode Kovalev's thunder all last year.

Carbo is absolutely the best possible candidate for that job.

As far as "rumours" are concerned, if a Genie gets out of Maca's bong right now and asks me what I want, the ONE trade that could totally change that team...

It's Chris Pronger.

Mean Streak

Character

Leadership

Totally changes the PP

Stabilizes the D

Two weaks ago, when Markov and Komo were more than the shadows than they are now, I'd have said Vinny... But RIGHT F$#@!$#@ NOW (as would Denis Lemieux say), I'd have to say Pronger.

I'd go as far as to say that ... almost only Pronger can change that team if it doesn't change itself, internally, that is.

Carbo is absolutely the best possible candidate for that job.

As far as "rumours" are concerned, if a Genie gets out of Maca's bong right now and asks me what I want, the ONE trade that could totally change that team...

It's Chris Pronger.

Mean Streak

Character

Leadership

Totally changes the PP

Stabilizes the D

Two weaks ago, when Markov and Komo were more than the shadows than they are now, I'd have said Vinny... But RIGHT F$#@!$#@ NOW (as would Denis Lemieux say), I'd have to say Pronger.

I'd go as far as to say that ... almost only Pronger can change that team if it doesn't change itself, internally, that is.

the Problem with Pronger is Mme Pronger. I love the player.

it would be easier to reel in Beachemin with Pronger here.

Tell me 2-3 good moves Carbonneau as done all year.

the Problem with Pronger is Mme Pronger. I love the player.

it would be easier to reel in Beachemin with Pronger here.

We were 1st before the streak of injuries.

He has a winning record.

you cannot give little "star stickers" for moves like at elementary school. you have to look at the overall picture.

who would be better suited for the Habs than him?

the only name that comes to my mind is Scotty Bowman.

Otherwise, he's in everyway superior to Claude Julien (he proved it last playoffs with an "inferior" team, although the Habs record was better, Bruins didnt improve in the offseason and have a way better team than the habs on paper right now)

I prefer him over Michel Therrien and Vigneault, his coaching ways, his decision making, etc.

and they are all successful coaches.

anyways, you don't like him so I won't argue with you. find me a potent candidate and I'll look at your opinions, untill then, your whining is pointless.

you are 100% right on Pronger, I pointed that out in this thread some pages ago.

We were 1st before the streak of injuries.

He has a winning record.

you cannot give little "star stickers" for moves like at elementary school. you have to look at the overall picture.

If I look at the overall picture I see a coach that hasn't improved in 3 years he,s been here:

-I haven't seen young players hitting full potential under his realm.

-he' hasn't had the balls to punish a key player...always hitting of Sergei and steve doesn't show you da man !!

-always taking shot at his goalies

-I don't see a clear system.

-his lines are Freakin stupid even his players are publicly mocking them.

-special units aren't cliking.

I'm ready to give him another year to see how he will work with a younger core but he has a coach will have to show some improvement. but for a guy that has been an assista coach before he should be better than that.

I'm not only taking shot at him but at is entire staff. but since hes the boss he gets most of the blame.

If I look at the overall picture I see a coach that hasn't improved in 3 years he,s been here:

-I haven't seen young players hitting full potential under his realm.

-he' hasn't had the balls to punish a key player...always hitting of Sergei and steve doesn't show you da man !!

-always taking shot at his goalies

-I don't see a clear system.

-his lines are Freakin stupid even his players are publicly mocking them.

-special units aren't cliking.

I'm ready to give him another year to see how he will work with a younger core but he has a coach will have to show some improvement. but for a guy that has been an assista coach before he should be better than that.

I'm not only taking shot at him but at is entire staff. but since hes the boss he gets most of the blame.

i said i wouldn't argue, but ... you're neglecting facts.

his 2nd season was a clear improvement over the 1st since he finished 1st in the conference.

his record after the 1st half of the season this season was BETTER Than his record after the 1st half of last season

now we are in a slump (the Wings just got out of a slump too!) and you, man, are jumping in the panic banwagon :clap:

now, you totally neglected the last part of my post... I said stop arguing and point me a candidate for the job. If you do, I'll have to consider your points. Till then... it just doesn't make sense.

He got Lats & Laps to step up after a couple of healthy scratch games. After that, Lats-Laps-Kosto was a great line.

He got Gorges to go from forgotten 7th D to trusted D who now interests other teams.

He made good use of Pacioretty & Dagostini and put them in positions where they could succeed, and they did.

He kept the team on a winning track even after losing Higgins, Koivu, Tanguay, Laraque, Price, Dandeneault & Brisebois for a good chunk of time.

Incidentally, it's not losing the 7 guys above that hurt us, we started sucking when they came back and when we lost Lang & Lats.

I dont always agree with Carbo's moves, but I'll always defend him because I'm sick and tired of the players escaping the blame for their lack of commitment to winning.

We've had these mid-season slumps every year for the past 5 years, except last season. We've had them when Therrien was coaching, when Julien was coaching and when Gainey took over. Now we've had it again. Could it be because it's not the coaches' fault but, hmmm, I dont know, the core players' fault?

Wouldnt happen if there was at least 1 player in that locker with the talent AND the heart to pull the team up when things dont click. But we dont.

i said i wouldn't argue, but ... you're neglecting facts.

his 2nd season was a clear improvement over the 1st since he finished 1st in the conference.

his record after the 1st half of the season this season was BETTER Than his record after the 1st half of last season

now we are in a slump (the Wings just got out of a slump too!) and you, man, are jumping in the panic banwagon :clap:

now, you totally neglected the last part of my post... I said stop arguing and point me a candidate for the job. If you do, I'll have to consider your points. Till then... it just doesn't make sense.

Montreal finshed 1st last year because:

-Ottawa imploded

-Boston had many key players injured and were horrific against us.

-Pittsburgh volontarely(sp?) bombed their last game.

new coach:

the problem with the new coach is that I don't see anyone doing it...except for Dale Hunter or Larry Robinson. to a lesser degree, Don Lever has done Ok in the AHL and knows many of next year's players.

Benoit Groulx could be good to go in a couple of years.

Like I said I'm whilling to give Carbo another year to see how he will work with a younger core without the Koivus and Kovalevs.

Perhaos is it time to consider another gm. I have a few names that I would like to have...if Ckak, reajean tremblay and Jde M are whilling to have an english only GM

He got Lats & Laps to step up after a couple of healthy scratch games. After that, Lats-Laps-Kosto was a great line.

He got Gorges to go from forgotten 7th D to trusted D who now interests other teams.

He made good use of Pacioretty & Dagostini and put them in positions where they could succeed, and they did.

He kept the team on a winning track even after losing Higgins, Koivu, Tanguay, Laraque, Price, Dandeneault & Brisebois for a good chunk of time.

Incidentally, it's not losing the 7 guys above that hurt us, we started sucking when they came back and when we lost Lang & Lats.

I dont always agree with Carbo's moves, but I'll always defend him because I'm sick and tired of the players escaping the blame for their lack of commitment to winning.

We've had these mid-season slumps every year for the past 5 years, except last season. We've had them when Therrien was coaching, when Julien was coaching and when Gainey took over. Now we've had it again. Could it be because it's not the coaches' fault but, hmmm, I dont know, the core players' fault?

Wouldnt happen if there was at least 1 player in that locker with the talent AND the heart to pull the team up when things dont click. But we dont.

what he said.

:bow:

Montreal finshed 1st last year because:

-Ottawa imploded

-Boston had many key players injured and were horrific against us.

-Pittsburgh volontarely(sp?) bombed their last game.

new coach:

the problem with the new coach is that I don't see anyone doing it...except for Dale Hunter or Larry Robinson. to a lesser degree, Don Lever has done Ok in the AHL and knows many of next year's players.

Benoit Groulx could be good to go in a couple of years.

Like I said I'm whilling to give Carbo another year to see how he will work with a younger core without the Koivus and Kovalevs.

Perhaos is it time to consider another gm. I have a few names that I would like to have...if Ckak, reajean tremblay and Jde M are whilling to have an english only GM

no solution = no right to whine :P

;)

what he said.

;)

to hell with you, I'm going fo a nap!!

what he said.

;)

besides I gave you solutions but I think the Crybabies in thi sciry aren't ready for an english GM/coach.

just for the sake of having the last word, I did give you solutions but I think that the crybabies known as french media aren't ready for it..they never will.

Edited by marky_and_komi

to hell with you, I'm going fo a nap!!

besides I gave you solutions but I think the Crybabies in thi sciry aren't ready for an english GM/coach.

just for the sake of having the last word, I did give you solutions but I think that the crybabies known as french media aren't ready for it..they never will.

If you say Ted Nolan, I'm banishing you to the 7th circle of Hell (aka. Alabama)

Honestly, Carbo is exactly the man we need now. This time the players won't get the head of the coach when they wont want to get in line. Enough of that already. Its time for the players to shut up, put up and get into the system.