Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

As good as our young players are, none of them have ever been elite prospects outside of Price. We have a slough of complimentary players but no stars. As far as blaming Gainey, he's worked his ass off trying to get an impact player to come here, and we wouldn't have better luck with other people as GM's.

Carbo's job is to get a dog sled to race against horse carriages. It ain't easy.

We were talking about the Vinny rumors and how Markov is supposedly the sticking point... I'll say this... if Gainey somehow got Bouwmeester, I'd do that Vinny/Markov trade in a heartbeat.

If you say Ted Nolan, I'm banishing you to the 7th circle of Hell (aka. Alabama)

Honestly, Carbo is exactly the man we need now. This time the players won't get the head of the coach when they wont want to get in line. Enough of that already. Its time for the players to shut up, put up and get into the system.

never would I dare.

I'm curious how Hunter would do as Montreal head coach.

Was it Lafleur that said last year that this team is 4 3rd lines?

Lafleur should mind about his personnal life before giving stupid opinions like he has done lately. Too much of Lafleur is not a good thing.

ah come on guys!

now you have me pissed off... why do you keep feeding me with Pronger news when Ducks are like #4-5 in the WEST...

if they are in the heat of a playoffs race, they will not trade him before offseason, IF they trade him at all.

those rumours are nonsense and belongs to Eklund, not a respected forums like Habsworld. :P

Montreal Canadiens Shopping Kovalev Actively, Trying To Acquire Whitney? / ballhype.com

Canadiens GM Bob Gainey is reportedly shopping Alexei Kovlev actively, as he has no intention of re-signing the star forward next season....

Another rumour for us :blink:

That link says we want to trade Kovalev + 1st (a high pick) for Ryan Whitney. It would make our D tower over ever other D in the East but I'd still be reluctant to move both Kovalev and our 1st.

That link says we want to trade Kovalev + 1st (a high pick) for Ryan Whitney. It would make our D tower over ever other D in the East but I'd still be reluctant to move both Kovalev and our 1st.

A third or fourth line player and producer and a 1st round pick for a massive defender?

Where do I sign?

I find the moderators posts who believe they know more about hockey than the rest of the posters to be quite funny. And Carbo a good coach? Wow, hockey knowledge on this board is now slumping to Leaf fan level. :puke:

Oh oh, now I am about to be flamed....by a moderator no doubt. (Any experienced coach is better than carbo, PERIOD)

Predictions:

Habs finish 9th in the East

Koivu and Tanguay get offered contracts. The rest of the underachieving UFA's, not too sure outside of Komisarek.

Habsworld loses two more posters but gains three by next season. :hockey:

A third or fourth line player and producer and a 1st round pick for a massive defender?

Where do I sign?

:rolleyes:

If that's what he is then we really do have four fourth lines! Maybe we should replace Carbo with Guy Lafleur.

I find the moderators posts who believe they know more about hockey than the rest of the posters to be quite funny. And Carbo a good coach? Wow, hockey knowledge on this board is now slumping to Leaf fan level. :puke:

Oh oh, now I am about to be flamed....by a moderator no doubt. (Any experienced coach is better than carbo, PERIOD)

Predictions:

Habs finish 9th in the East

Koivu and Tanguay get offered contracts. The rest of the underachieving UFA's, not too sure outside of Komisarek.

Habsworld loses two more posters but gains three by next season. :hockey:

it's not healthy debate to whine and whine and whine...

and do not have any "solution"

stop finding problems, find solutions.

whine as much as you want against Carbo.

facts are there :

he is the best possible coach right now for the Montreal Canadiens.

maybe Hunter is available... but something around 3 000 000 habs fan do not understand a word of english. this is no "caprice" from the "média francophone"... this is a cold hard fact.

the only available coach who speaks French and who has more experience than Carbo is Hartley. And history shows that he sucks.

Carbo has a stunning winning record with the habs. Even this season, his record is still positive. Remove your head off the sand and admit that we are just in a normal slump and that you jumped in the Panic bandwagon.

after 20 games we were talking about a perfect season and how good everything was... now carbo has became crap? [expletives]

This one really made me laugh. I guess you're not allowed to have an opinion or strongly disagree with someone if you're a moderator. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one really made me laugh. I guess you're not allowed to have an opinion or strongly disagree with someone if you're a moderator. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, the poor guys read the thread and it's filled by me and Kozed gently telling MAK to "shut up"... lol so I understand his frustration...

but to further make my point about not being allowed to whine :P here you go :

I have a big problem with people who just whine and whine constantly in here, without ever having a viable solution. If you want to whine, IMO, it's because of one of the following reasons :

-you are more competent than the person against whom you whine.

-you see exactly what the problem is, and have the solution.

-in such a situation, you would do better, or know someone available & ready who would do better (e.g. you can bash Gainey for not signing Laperrière a couple of seasons ago - he however got Kosto at 1/3 of the price)

-you know who would have the solution, that person is willing to come over, etc.

-you have a creative idea which could be part of a solution

etc. etc. anything along those lines

So IMO, it's totally useless to whine against Carbo when :

-the defense plays like crap. Total, major, big, stinky, dark brown crap.

-Price and Halak think they are actually in a field, trying to catch butterflies, jumping from one end of the net to the other (both are slow, off position and too quick on their knees -> no confidence)

-the forwards are too concerned about their lack of scoring, so much so that they do not support the defense efficiently.

etc.

it's too easy to blame carbo.

moreover, it's not just too easy... there is NO OTHER OPTION right now. Unless you call Bob - none of the 30 NHL team called me in the last 2 years - Hartley an option.

If you call him an option... well then, ok, you have a point. he's proven he can suck in the NHL and he speaks french.

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/membre_grou...grath-12200.jpg

Get this guy to coach, Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir. He will tell satanic prophecies and let his stomach say: "if any player objects or doesnt do as I say Ill use my "CLUB" on you." should motivate them enough. :D

Or maybe ask them to taste his balls. :P

Edited by Dalhabs

facts are there :

he is the best possible coach right now for the Montreal Canadiens.

maybe Hunter is available... but something around 3 000 000 habs fan do not understand a word of english. this is no "caprice" from the "média francophone"... this is a cold hard fact.

I have a problem with this. I know the Habs are somehow supposed to represent Quebec and the French speaking world, but if the right person for the job is an Ethiopian Voodoo King who speaks only Chinese, then hire him. As long as the players understand and he gets the job done, it shouldn't matter at all about language. I'm so sick and tired of this nonsense regarding language. Hockey isn't the same as it was back in the day when French was integral to the Habs. This is a businessworld. If the Habs want to win, they need the best components, regardless of language. If they want to cater to the French world, then there should be absolutely zero complaint if there's no success. I'm not saying anything about the status quo with this statement; nothing in particular about Carbo, the players, management, or club in general. This is just a blanket statement. Language cannot matter if you want success. It just can't.

we are just in a normal slump

A losing streak is one thing. They haven't even looked good in a loss in a long time. There have been almost no positives coming out of any of these games. Playing terribly for this long is more than just a slump.

A losing streak is one thing. They haven't even looked good in a loss in a long time. There have been almost no positives coming out of any of these games. Playing terribly for this long is more than just a slump.

Two things come to my mind right now :

panic-button.jpg

and

bandwagon.jpg

I have a problem with this. I know the Habs are somehow supposed to represent Quebec and the French speaking world, but if the right person for the job is an Ethiopian Voodoo King who speaks only Chinese, then hire him. As long as the players understand and he gets the job done, it shouldn't matter at all about language. I'm so sick and tired of this nonsense regarding language. Hockey isn't the same as it was back in the day when French was integral to the Habs. This is a businessworld. If the Habs want to win, they need the best components, regardless of language. If they want to cater to the French world, then there should be absolutely zero complaint if there's no success. I'm not saying anything about the status quo with this statement; nothing in particular about Carbo, the players, management, or club in general. This is just a blanket statement. Language cannot matter if you want success. It just can't.

If Benoit Groulx becomes the best coach in the world, but is totally not capable to speak English. The Rangers would not hire him. LOL

anyways, I need to explain what MONTREAL is. Guys you have to be here to understand that. I know that from outtern Quebec, it sounds foolish...

but dammit, Guy Carbonneau gets more press coverage than the Prime Minister of Quebec... than both Prime Minister (Canada and Quebec) together... and I'd go as far as to say than all of Prime ministers in canada TOGETHER...

He gets scrutinized during 2-3 hours everyday when there is no game (practice, etc) then he gets to do dayly press conferences of 5-10 minutes. he gets to do private interview ranging from 2-10 minutes... and he has to do every pre-game interview...

THAT IS DONE 95% IN FRENCH.

If the guy cannot speak french, the people will riot. Burn the booth and Buy back George Gillet.

They almost did that with the Expos when Loria was playing ball (haha) with the players and the fans... THEY WOULD DEFINITELY DO IT WITH THE HABS.

If Benoit Groulx becomes the best coach in the world, but is totally not capable to speak English. The Rangers would not hire him. LOL

anyways, I need to explain what MONTREAL is. Guys you have to be here to understand that. I know that from outtern Quebec, it sounds foolish...

but dammit, Guy Carbonneau gets more press coverage than the Prime Minister of Quebec... than both Prime Minister (Canada and Quebec) together... and I'd go as far as to say than all of Prime ministers in canada TOGETHER...

He gets scrutinized during 2-3 hours everyday when there is no game (practice, etc) then he gets to do dayly press conferences of 5-10 minutes. he gets to do private interview ranging from 2-10 minutes... and he has to do every pre-game interview...

THAT IS DONE 95% IN FRENCH.

If the guy cannot speak french, the people will riot. Burn the booth and Buy back George Gillet.

They almost did that with the Expos when Loria was playing ball (haha) with the players and the fans... THEY WOULD DEFINITELY DO IT WITH THE HABS.

What I hope you understand - and everyone else - is that my comments were not motivated from bigotry or a distaste of the French in any way, shape or form. I don't want this to be a "Colin hates the French" thing. Nothing could be further from the truth: I try very hard to understand and learn about Quebecois as, I believe, they are integral to the identity of Canada.

I understand that there are a great number of French fans of Les Habitants. I question whether there are more French than English, or other languages. With 24 Cups in hand and legions of fans across the globe, I don't think it would be out of hand to make the educated guess that French is actually the minority language of Canadiens fans.

I do understand that the French media does present a significant presence when dealing with the Habs and learning the language is a massive aid from a PR point of view. Bob Gainey got that, he learned and is able to converse with the French press very well. (Even if his accent makes even me flinch.) That Koivu doesn't speak in French I would agree is regrettable. I think it's an opportunity lost, but having said that, I think it has no bearing on his ability to be the captain (and lets not go into the minutiae of that right now, it's for another discussion).

In the end, if the next Scotty Bowman came along and Montreal was his coaching destination and he brought success, I don't care what language he speaks, and if a Cup is paraded down Ste. Catherines, I doubt many of the French fans would overly care either. Certainly, it would be a good idea to learn so as to better communicate with the media and fans in Quebec, but it's cannot be a requirement if wins are the priority over pleasing the French media. They all speak English anyhow, and presumably any coach would have at least that ability. Perhaps that is regrettable - and I agree it is - but this is an English league where there is one unifying language, love it or hate it.

Language is but one aspect needed from the coach here. And it's not a requirement, but rather a highly coveted skill.

As to the question at hand, is Carbo the best coach for the Habs? None of us can truly answer that. What we can do is inference from what we see, hear, and understand. The players are not performing, indeed they seem to be getting worse. Carbo may be a fantastic coach, but there comes a time when players stop listening to virtually everyone. The only exception to that is Scotty Bowman. And that's because if you stopped listening to him, you were in for a world of hurt. Perhaps what's required from Carbo is his own attitude readjustment. Maybe he needs to get mean, or if he's meaner than we think, maybe he needs to let up. One thing I think we can all agree on is that he needs to do something. You can call out the players all you want, but the coach is the leader with the plan and at this juncture, I think we have to say things are not working out properly.

As good as our young players are, none of them have ever been elite prospects outside of Price. We have a slough of complimentary players but no stars. As far as blaming Gainey, he's worked his ass off trying to get an impact player to come here, and we wouldn't have better luck with other people as GM's.

Carbo's job is to get a dog sled to race against horse carriages. It ain't easy.

We were talking about the Vinny rumors and how Markov is supposedly the sticking point... I'll say this... if Gainey somehow got Bouwmeester, I'd do that Vinny/Markov trade in a heartbeat.

Hockey News has their trade deadline special out and they have listed

Lecavalier

for

Higgins

O'Byrne

D'Agostini

Subban

and a 1st

If only it was that easy

Gainey would accept that immediately

What I hope you understand - and everyone else - is that my comments were not motivated from bigotry or a distaste of the French in any way, shape or form. I don't want this to be a "Colin hates the French" thing. Nothing could be further from the truth: I try very hard to understand and learn about Quebecois as, I believe, they are integral to the identity of Canada.

I understand that there are a great number of French fans of Les Habitants. I question whether there are more French than English, or other languages. With 24 Cups in hand and legions of fans across the globe, I don't think it would be out of hand to make the educated guess that French is actually the minority language of Canadiens fans.

I do understand that the French media does present a significant presence when dealing with the Habs and learning the language is a massive aid from a PR point of view. Bob Gainey got that, he learned and is able to converse with the French press very well. (Even if his accent makes even me flinch.) That Koivu doesn't speak in French I would agree is regrettable. I think it's an opportunity lost, but having said that, I think it has no bearing on his ability to be the captain (and lets not go into the minutiae of that right now, it's for another discussion).

In the end, if the next Scotty Bowman came along and Montreal was his coaching destination and he brought success, I don't care what language he speaks, and if a Cup is paraded down Ste. Catherines, I doubt many of the French fans would overly care either. Certainly, it would be a good idea to learn so as to better communicate with the media and fans in Quebec, but it's cannot be a requirement if wins are the priority over pleasing the French media. They all speak English anyhow, and presumably any coach would have at least that ability. Perhaps that is regrettable - and I agree it is - but this is an English league where there is one unifying language, love it or hate it.

Language is but one aspect needed from the coach here. And it's not a requirement, but rather a highly coveted skill.

As to the question at hand, is Carbo the best coach for the Habs? None of us can truly answer that. What we can do is inference from what we see, hear, and understand. The players are not performing, indeed they seem to be getting worse. Carbo may be a fantastic coach, but there comes a time when players stop listening to virtually everyone. The only exception to that is Scotty Bowman. And that's because if you stopped listening to him, you were in for a world of hurt. Perhaps what's required from Carbo is his own attitude readjustment. Maybe he needs to get mean, or if he's meaner than we think, maybe he needs to let up. One thing I think we can all agree on is that he needs to do something. You can call out the players all you want, but the coach is the leader with the plan and at this juncture, I think we have to say things are not working out properly.

Does this team look like a team that has shut out it's coach? Or does it look like a team that has internal strife?

There have been some telling comments coming out of the dressing room.

Price talking about staying together, Markov saying some of the things Kovalev does are "bad for the team", a closed door meeting in which they are screaming at each other.

Something is amiss at the Circle K, and I don't think it is the coaching staff.

no, i know no ill intention, and i didn't understand it that way anyways.

Quebec:

population 7M

montreal and surrounding : 3M

montreal island : 1M

% of english speaking on montreal island = 30%, the highest in the province

elsewhere, it's 10-15% I believe.

so let's pretend it's 5.6M french speaking vs 1.4M anglos...

That's a WIDE WIDE majority.

and as much bilingual as I am, I do not read la gazette. I read Lapresse. it's in my veins. it's not out of stubbornnes... it's just the way it is. my hockey is lived in french (besides here)

I think he is talking more english speaking habs fans around the globe.

no, i know no ill intention, and i didn't understand it that way anyways.

Quebec:

population 7M

montreal and surrounding : 3M

montreal island : 1M

% of english speaking on montreal island = 30%, the highest in the province

elsewhere, it's 10-15% I believe.

so let's pretend it's 5.6M french speaking vs 1.4M anglos...

That's a WIDE WIDE majority.

and as much bilingual as I am, I do not read la gazette. I read Lapresse. it's in my veins. it's not out of stubbornnes... it's just the way it is. my hockey is lived in french (besides here)