Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know, but that was the answer Lappy gave the media when asked why they had a tussle. Oddly enough when Komi was asked the same question he sounded annoyed and then just seemed to walk away. I don't know if he walked away but you could just hear room chatter and he never really ended the interview. Anyways I'm sure it was no big deal.

anyone care to put links anymore?

Bob's about to pull the trigger........................... ^_^

"The Montreal Canadiens announced today that defenseman Ryan O'Byrne has been recalled from the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs.." From Sportnet's Breaking Canadien's News

Bob's about to pull the trigger........................... ^_^

"The Montreal Canadiens announced today that defenseman Ryan O'Byrne has been recalled from the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs.." From Sportnet's Breaking Canadien's News

Conboy was signed as well to an entry level deal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269480&amp...s=headlines_nhl

I mention this for one reason: Conboy is the Habs' 50th player under contract (Robert Mayer's contract is deferred to next year and doesn't count, and Valentenko's doesn't count either since he's suspended for breach of contract). If anyone is being traded here, an equal (or greater) amount of contracts have to be traded back (or dealt prior to the deal).

So there will be no simple Player X for a 3rd round pick/Alex Perezhogin/David Fischer type deal. It'll have to include a guy that is playing with Montreal or Hamilton (or injured) right now.

EDIT: Big positive to this development... the Habs can't claim Sean Avery off re-entry waivers! :clap:

Edited by saskhab

O'Byrne just suffered a concussion. Even if he's about to be traded, I don't know why we'd call him up.

Conboy was signed as well to an entry level deal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269480&amp...s=headlines_nhl

I mention this for one reason: Conboy is the Habs' 50th player under contract (Robert Mayer's contract is deferred to next year and doesn't count, and Valentenko's doesn't count either since he's suspended for breach of contract). If anyone is being traded here, an equal (or greater) amount of contracts have to be traded back (or dealt prior to the deal).

So there will be no simple Player X for a 3rd round pick/Alex Perezhogin/David Fischer type deal. It'll have to include a guy that is playing with Montreal or Hamilton (or injured) right now.

EDIT: Big positive to this development... the Habs can't claim Sean Avery off re-entry waivers! :clap:

Like Mayer, Conboy's contract is deferred into next season (09-10 to 11-12), so the team remains 1 under the limit.

Can somebody please tell me if Derrick Morris is a habs???? I swear to god i just saw it in someones nickname on my MSN but now i cannot find it :lol: ...and its not on the net YET but i swear i saw welcome to montreal before his name

Can somebody please tell me if Derrick Morris is a habs???? I swear to god i just saw it in someones nickname on my MSN but now i cannot find it :lol: ...and its not on the net YET but i swear i saw welcome to montreal before his name

On your msn? Still more credible than Eklund, I suppose ;)

I thought Morris was only interested in the Western Conference.

I thought Morris was only interested in the Western Conference.

Well its seem Morris is only interrested in Eastern teams (Pierre Lebrun on ESPN):

Things were "moving along" in the Derek Morris trade talks in Phoenix. The veteran defenseman, an unrestricted free agent July 1 with a no-trade clause, gave the Coyotes a list of teams over the weekend -- all in the Eastern Conference and described to us as "contenders." As we suspected in our Saturday blog, Boston is among those teams talking to Phoenix, but they've got company.

Full link here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=lebrun_pierre

Well its seem Morris is only interrested in Eastern teams (Pierre Lebrun on ESPN):

Things were "moving along" in the Derek Morris trade talks in Phoenix. The veteran defenseman, an unrestricted free agent July 1 with a no-trade clause, gave the Coyotes a list of teams over the weekend -- all in the Eastern Conference and described to us as "contenders." As we suspected in our Saturday blog, Boston is among those teams talking to Phoenix, but they've got company.

Full link here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=lebrun_pierre

Thanks for the updated info, and welcome to the forum!

Man, I'm surprised there aren't more rumors flying around. What's going on with Guerin?

Who knows, even Ek is quiet. This must mean it will explode on Wednesday. GM's are learning a new system I bet to avoid the INTERNET gossip. We've become worse then the joe shmo reporter. Gainey is busy I'm sure but on lock down because of the fragile Habs and Vinny crap from a few weeks ago.

Vinny to Montreal, I'll bet my brothers. Maybe that's why Gainey isn't negotiating right now he might need the room........huh???????????? How do you like that bedtime story ForumGhost? ^_^

I was wondering if there have been deals (in the past) that have fallen through last minute because of Ek and the other rumor sites OR leaks from within an organization [either from a source or purposely]. Like last year when a couple sites (near the deadline) had Hossa coming here, only to have the Pens come in last minute and get him.

Maybe it's quiet because of the economy, and teams just can't justify picking up rental players, since looking at past pickups (for all teams) the impact of a deadline deal hasn't produced the desired results (for that year)..

Edited by kenadian

I might throw a Higgins and a 4th rounder for Guerin. I would see what the Islanders want. I don't think he is worth more then thta, but someone may pay more for him.

Dandy i think is a goner.

I wouldn't throw a high draft pick out there unless they move Kovalev and get one.

Tanguay Koivu Guerin wouldn't be a bad line.

I might throw a Higgins and a 4th rounder for Guerin. I would see what the Islanders want. I don't think he is worth more then thta, but someone may pay more for him.

Dandy i think is a goner.

I wouldn't throw a high draft pick out there unless they move Kovalev and get one.

Tanguay Koivu Guerin wouldn't be a bad line.

how can a 38 y.o. rental who scored 16 goals in 61 games and is a -15 can be worth more than Chris Higgins?

I'm not saying Chris is "awesome"... not at all, he's gotta improve, come back to last year or the year before status...

but damn, Chris can skate, can play the pk... and can score 16 goals in 61 games without being a -15... that's the least he can do.

Because Guerin is a RW. The habs are overloaded on the LW. You have Tanguay, Pacioretty, Lats, Stewart and AK46 playing LW. Your going to have to move someone.

I like Higgins as well, but this year he has been an under achiever as well (injuries obviously helped)

Guerin is a proven playoff performer, tough, gritty and does what it takes to win, including fighting. He immediately toughens the habs up.

Maybe, but unless the habs toughen up, get some size and work ethic, they are going know where fast, that includes having Higgins on the team.

Watch where Guering goes, he'll probably get more then Higgins and a 4th.