Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yark. 1M$ less than he would get in 15 + other teams. Overpaying Komisarek would be my Plan A.

That 15+ teams you're touting probably include most of the 14 teams that will miss the playoffs.

You CAN NOT pay 5 mill for a stay at home defenseman. He really brings nothing else to the table.

I like the guy and all but his strengths are limited to physical play (2 years ago) and blocking shots.

He is average or below average in skating, passing, shooting.

i agree his shot is just sad.............

That 15+ teams you're touting probably include most of the 14 teams that will miss the playoffs.

Well, presently, I'm 0% confident that we can sign Jay-Bo or Beauchemin.

Oduya? ok, maybe.

Will we be better paying less for Oduya or more for Komi ?? Does Komi leaving cuz we don't want to pay means we're one of the 16 teams that will make the playoffs ?

Other than Komi, who do we have as "premium" shut down dman ? Subban and Weber are both more offensive, Fisher and Emelin are both big question marks, McDonagh is the only one left. Will he have the grit and balls to contain Lucic/Neil/Chara ??? Time will tell I guess...

It's been reported Oduya resigned with the devils 3mill per year. The Devils have not released that statement as of yet. That came from Sweden.

Morris is still out there, there are some others still out there.

It's been reported Oduya resigned with the devils 3mill per year. The Devils have not released that statement as of yet. That came from Sweden.

Morris is still out there, there are some others still out there.

Jay McKee is reportedly being bought out by the Blues... He might fill one of our needs on D... if he were willing to play for cheap I wouldn't mind him.

enough. mckee??? is that what all the ufa fuss is all about? mckee has basically been overated for much of his nhl shelf life.lets get beauchamin, who has a decent shot, and enough grit to handle the big boys in the east. really, if bgl does not have groin/back problems, it might open some ice for the "skilled players".

Lecavalier + 4 others... who are they? anyone has a clue?

Gainey est retourné au travail, au terme du repêchage, afin de contacter des équipes qui, selon lui, pouvaient avoir des joueurs de centre disponibles. «Nous en avons identifié cinq où il y aurait des possibilités», a-t-il précisé.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...r-de-gainey.php

I'm excluding Jokinen or Sedin, since they are UFA to be, i.e. Gainey won't contact those teams to trade for those centers. You have to keep in mind that Gainey repetedly mentionned a BIG center. So get Brière out of the equation.

Lecavalier, Marleau, Jailhouse Joe, [not Getzlaf, E. Staal, Kopitar, Richards or Carter,etc. it'd be foolish to think that you can trade for them, cheap-young-dominant]

I'm struggling to find 5 that Gainey could be pursuing.

Jokinen is still signed, as far as I know, so maybe there's still a chance to get him through trade?

1) Lecavalier

2) Thornton

3) Marleau

4) Sedin

5) Jokinen

There's 5 right there (in no particular order).

Lecavalier + 4 others... who are they? anyone has a clue?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...r-de-gainey.php

I'm excluding Jokinen or Sedin, since they are UFA to be, i.e. Gainey won't contact those teams to trade for those centers. You have to keep in mind that Gainey repetedly mentionned a BIG centre. So get Brière out of the equation.

Lecavalier, Marleau, Jailhouse Joe, [not Getzlaf, E. Staal, Kopitar, Richards or Carter,etc. it'd be foolish to think that you can trade for them, cheap-young-dominant]

I'm struggling to find 5 that Gainey could be pursuing.

What about Savard or Bergeron? They're not huge, but Boston's still trying to create cap space. Even Kessel might fit the bil.

What about Savard or Bergeron? They're not huge, but Boston's still trying to create cap space. Even Kessel might fit the bil.

If Kessel plays center, yes.

no bergeron or savard, they are in the Brière category.

Gainey did specify BIG.

It's possible that a guy like Martin Hanzal could be a target (even if he isn't established). And I think Jason Arnott is a possibility as well. Dallas might be looking to unload one of their big salaried centres as well under new management.

If Kessel plays center, yes.

no bergeron or savard, they are in the Brière category.

Gainey did specify BIG.

I didn't feel like BG meant size when he mentioned going after a big center. I got more of the impression that he meant a big time player.

I do not believe there is any earthly way Boston trades a big name to Montreal. Period. A three-way deal, maybe, but those are so intricate in a cap era that it seems unlikely.

Kessel is electrifying, but it IS worth remembering that he's just one year removed from being considered a major head case benched by his coach in the playoffs...

I didn't feel like BG meant size when he mentioned going after a big center. I got more of the impression that he meant a big time player.

He's always used the "physical" sense of BIG in the past.

maybe that one time, he meant big time.

but I think he meant big big, tall, muscular, big.

Does anyone know (or a better guess) on whom Gainey offered for Lecavalier?

young, up and coming, inexpensive.

Say you are a GM, wanting to rebuild a team through dumping 10M salary.

- you want youth

- you want potential

- you want cheap cheap cheap... i.e. if it's 3 players, they better not cost 10M, not anywhere near 10M (e.g. exclude Plek RFA min 3M + Higgins RFA min 3M + Kost 3M)

If I was that guy?

I'd ask for guys like Price, McDo, Subban, Maxwell, Max Pax, d'Ago, Latendresse, Lapierre, maybe ONE of Kost, Higgins or Plek

likely end of the line package?

Something as hurtful as : Max Pax, Higgins, Mcdo, two first.

I don't want to seem like a troller or Di##, but on another board i just read Gomez for Higgins?

It said Pierre Mcguire and an affilate of KUSA in New York is reporting it

I'm now starting the Gionta to Montreal rumours. I would like to see him come for 4 or 4.5M if that's possible.

young, up and coming, inexpensive.

Say you are a GM, wanting to rebuild a team through dumping 10M salary.

- you want youth

- you want potential

- you want cheap cheap cheap... i.e. if it's 3 players, they better not cost 10M, not anywhere near 10M (e.g. exclude Plek RFA min 3M + Higgins RFA min 3M + Kost 3M)

If I was that guy?

I'd ask for guys like Price, McDo, Subban, Maxwell, Max Pax, d'Ago, Latendresse, Lapierre, maybe ONE of Kost, Higgins or Plek

likely end of the line package?

Something as hurtful as : Max Pax, Higgins, Mcdo, two first.

LOL @ my crystal balls.

guys, Gainey reads this boards fo' su' ... he read my post and said... ok Higgins and Mcdo for Gomez.