Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Komisarek does everything well for a stay at home. Blocket shots and hits - he's a nightmare in those depts. However, sometimes defensively he can get caught behind the net and by too immobile and he also has a tendency to misread the play when quick passes are being made and looks like a deer caught by headlights. 2008 and 2009 - he would tend to be very flatfooted. He also doesn't score enough even though he should. He has a deceptive shot. I hope it doesn't wake up for the Leafs.

Gill is more of a mongrel. He bears down on his stick and shields his opponent with his size and should and does get the puck along the boards to his D partner or forward. If he did this all the time I'd be dancin' in the street. Unfortunately, Gill seems to have brain cramps that make you wonder for 4 games. Then he is awesome for 2...Totally inconsistent. At least he'll be on the 3rd pairing.

Komisarek>>=Gill

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

What really stings is the betrayal of the implicit narrative we (or I) had built around Komisarek. He was going to be one of the Rocks on which our resurgence was built: developed within the system, huge leadership and character, tough nut, 'core' - he was supposed to be with us for the entire journey.I'm thinking like a fan here, not an analyst, but part of me is in mourning. It's like he's a symbol of the failure of the rebuild into which I'd invested so much hope.

Well said. I also am in mourning. I had been following Komisarek since his days in Michigan(that's almost 10 years ago). I watched him progress into the Bruising punisher that he is. He will only get better in the following years. He is entering his prime years(27 to 33) Had Komi been 31 or 32 years old, I'd say that he wasn't worth the 4.5 million, but at 27 years old, and after watching him grow in the early years, I feel defeated. I don't recognize MY team anymore...and I'm worried about the size up front on this team as well as the Cap issues in the following years.

Let's all stop worrying about the cap!!!!! It's an important factor for sure, but Hamrlik's 5 million salary will be replaced by a Subban or any other young d-man.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=1313

Apparently Dandenault turned down an offer from the Bruins and still wants to be a habs, saying their his "#1 choice." After constantly being a healthy scratch, his loyalty to the CH is very touching.

I agree. I'd be happy if we could work him into our current team. Someone who wants to be here, is willing to accept a limited role without too much complaining, and can play F or D.

Now if only he'd play for cheap. ^_^

I agree. I'd be happy if we could work him into our current team. Someone who wants to be here, is willing to accept a limited role without too much complaining, and can play F or D.

Now if only he'd play for cheap. ^_^

The versatility part is critical to me. I've actually been an advocate for Dandenault's return, if for no other reason than the fact he's a D/F. If he's around, you could in theory carry one less guy on the roster, just have 22. That means there's a little more money in the UFA kitty - I played around with the numbers today; depending on how things with the RFA's pan out and the size of the roster (22 or 23), there could very well be room for a $1.5 M UFA still. 7 or 8 things have to happen first mind you unless they plan to go over the cap and then work their way back down. Something to think about at least...

he doesn't want to move or retire.

I think if the habs don't sign him, he's the type of guy who could just open a Burger King and start playing in rec leagues (Patrick Poulin)

or become a commentator for RDS (Benoit Brunet)

Some guys when they are past their prime just wanna come back home or hang them up.

Yeah, Dandeneault could "graduate" to being this year's Brisebois - a frequent scratch brought in mostly to be a savvy vet who can contribute on the ice if used properly, and - very importantly - represents institutional memory about the best and worst of playing in Montreal.

Looking at the team, in fact, the absence of at least one player of this profile worries me. Gomez, Gionta and especially youngster Cammalleri - they all *think* they know what they're getting into, but they really don't have a clue. (Maybe Gomez does, having been in an unpleasant fishbowl in NY). Having someone who's been around the block IN MONTREAL a few times could prove a huge help when things get hairy. In that sense, the purge may have been a little TOO comprehensive. A guy like Begin, for instance, would have added value in this specific context. And so might Dandeneault. Or even Bouillon - at cut rates, natch.

(Latendresse seems to be growing into this role. I remember last season down the stretch when he talked publicly about players who don't live in Quebec not understanding what it means to miss the playoffs in this city - how they HAD to make it. That's a guy who shows signs of being the locally-embedded team conscience. Nonetheless, better not to saddle Gui with too much responsibility, he needs to feel free to develop as a player).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Why wouldn't we sign Phillippe Boucher as 6th-7th d option?

he's 2 seasons remote from a 51 pts 19 goals career year in Dallas. He's been injured a lot in the last two season, but nothing tells us that he will get injured this season.

He also wants to play in MTL.

Why wouldn't we sign Phillippe Boucher as 6th-7th d option?

he's 2 seasons remote from a 51 pts 19 goals career year in Dallas. He's been injured a lot in the last two season, but nothing tells us that he will get injured this season.

He also wants to play in MTL.

Injuries and declining play would be a concern, but he wouldn't be a bad option I don't think. I believe he's a right-hand shot which is something the team lacks currently on D, and his offensive abilities may allow the team to give guys like Spacek and Hamrlik a game off every so often without losing the PP threat.

I thought about Boucher too, but I think he'd want to be guaranteed a regular spot and I dont think that's what Gainey is looking for. I think he wants a cheap fringe stay-at-home guy that wont complain about being scratched to use O'Burned or Weber.

I thought about Boucher too, but I think he'd want to be guaranteed a regular spot and I dont think that's what Gainey is looking for. I think he wants a cheap fringe stay-at-home guy that wont complain about being scratched to use O'Burned or Weber.

Dandenault? Bouillon? Breezer?

Boucher wouldn't fit with bob's latest moves, concerning injuries. You can argue that Tanguay is better value and skilled than Cammalleri, but the injury threw him off it seems. All the new acquisitions are relatively durable, no?

Let the trade winds blow. How nice it would be to take advantage and sign Barker or Versteeg...

Boucher wouldn't fit with bob's latest moves, concerning injuries. You can argue that Tanguay is better value and skilled than Cammalleri, but the injury threw him off it seems. All the new acquisitions are relatively durable, no?

Let the trade winds blow. How nice it would be to take advantage and sign Barker or Versteeg...

I would move anyone necessary to get Barker. (Youth aside ^_^ )

I would move anyone necessary to get Barker. (Youth aside ^_^ )

It would have been nice for sure. Signed for 3 years with Chicago for 9.25M tho...

That whole mess-up worked out pretty well for him, eh?

Another Swedish C joining the fray?

Reports out of Sweden suggest the Habs are on the verge of signing 21 year old C Andreas Engqvist.

Bloggen kan nu att Djurgården avslöja riskerar ytterligare ett tungt tapp.

Enligt källor till bloggen så ska centern, Andreas Engqvist vara på väg till Montreal Canadiens i NHL. Enligt källor till bloggen så ska Centern, Andreas Engqvist vara på väg till i NHL Montreal Canadiens. Nu talar dock det mesta för att Engqvist kommer att bli utlånad till Djurgården och köra ytterligare en säsong om han nu signar med Montreal. Nu talar dock för att det mesta kommer att bli Engqvist utlånad till Djurgården och kora in Sasong ytterligare om han nu med signar Montreal.

The 6'3 C has one more year left on his deal in Djurgården but has an NHL out clause. Apparently, the person writing the article mentions somewhere that he's actually in Montreal right now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?p...626&lang=en

sounds appealing.

does that mean that a Plekanec trade is pending? :P

I highly doubt it, I view this is as simply adding some depth that'll come over next season.

Per HFBoards (La Presse's Marc-Antoine Godin posts there - I think that's his name), he's on the ice now at the D-camp.

I highly doubt it, I view this is as simply adding some depth that'll come over next season.

Per HFBoards (La Presse's Marc-Antoine Godin posts there - I think that's his name), he's on the ice now at the D-camp.

what's his user name? :P

I assume you meant to say the Rookie Camp. This big swede is supposed to be a centre, not a d-man!