Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Laraque was hurt or playing hurt all of last year and never qualified for LTIR - it's a lot more difficult than just saying, "He's out for a while, let's LTIR him." LTIR also only works when you're over the cap, as we were last season when we got Schneider. If Laraque was LTIR'ed but we chose to recall Alex Henry who makes the league minimum, it would most likely be futile.

As for his NMC status, that's false. He has a limited NTC, as shown here: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...st&p=325093.

ok, so he can be sent to Hamilton :P

I just read that if the Habs are going to make a deal with San Jose the players involved are Cheechoo and Ehrhoff for Plekanec, Halak, and a prospect, with the Habs also very interested in D man Nick Petrecki.

Other than Cheechoo, I'm not familiar with these San Jose players. Would this be a good move for us?

Edited by REV-G

I just read that if the Habs are going to make a deal with San Jose the players involved are Cheechoo and Ehrhoff for Plekanec, Halak, and a prospect, with the Habs also very interested in D man Nick Petrecki.

Other than Cheechoo, I'm not familiar with these San Jose players. Would this be a good move for us?

Ugh, I don't want Cheechoo. The guy is useless. He had his one season, but since then he's been a fringe 2nd liner at best. He had 29 points this season, 37 the year before. The man has scored goals, but that was playing with Joe Thornton. Don't get me wrong, Gomez can dish the puck, but not like Thornton can.

Ehrhoff would be great, but it wouldn't make sense to add another D unless a roster D-man was headed out.

And no thanks to Cheechoo.

habs need to be finished with players like cheechoo. thats why 10 or 11 ufa's are gone. cheechoo, marleau, and thornton only lasted 2 more games than the habs. they were completely outplayed by the ducks.so no,no cheechoo and marleau. i like what the habs have right now. maybe a tweak here or there.and all habs fans should be wondering how moen will respond when the leafs or bruins try to run his team-mates.don't know, why, but i have a good feeling.

habs need to be finished with players like cheechoo. thats why 10 or 11 ufa's are gone. cheechoo, marleau, and thornton only lasted 2 more games than the habs. they were completely outplayed by the ducks.so no,no cheechoo and marleau. i like what the habs have right now. maybe a tweak here or there.and all habs fans should be wondering how moen will respond when the leafs or bruins try to run his team-mates.don't know, why, but i have a good feeling.

Could it be that Moen has a rep for beating on players that run his team mates?

I have searched youtube, and it seems that most of his fights involve him jumping in after a cheap shot.

I am so glad to have him onboard, and am looking forward to seeing what the new team does, although I will be back on a ship in the med and will rely on you guys to keep me informed.

I feel nothing but positive thoughts going into this season.

We don't need Cheechoo! That I believe full heartedly. I would rather Pleks and Halak and we have to stop giving our prospects up.

to make that comparison and conclude those players are not what a team needs is beyond crazy

the reasons are endless for the Sharks troubles... but events like these are a GM's wetdream. getting players that will fit from a team that needs a shake up are what Hockey strategic legends are famous for!...

Cheechoo, Marleau and all the above are at worst... top 6 forward material unquestionable... something Habs and all other teams need. Having the tools to know what makes them tick and what doesnt and how well Optimally they will fit is what needed!

to make that comparison and conclude those players are not what a team needs is beyond crazy

the reasons are endless for the Sharks troubles... but events like these are a GM's wetdream. getting players that will fit from a team that needs a shake up are what Hockey strategic legends are famous for!...

Cheechoo, Marleau and all the above are at worst... top 6 forward material unquestionable... something Habs and all other teams need. Having the tools to know what makes them tick and what doesnt and how well Optimally they will fit is what needed!

Well, Cheechoo hasn't been top-6 worthy since 2006-07.

Another week, another high-end player allegedly on the verge of going to Montreal. This time, it's Alexander Frolov for a whopping 5 NHL'ers from the Habs.

http://www.hockey30.com/magazine/rumeur-frolov-a-montreal/

http://toutsurlehockey.com/rumeurs-de-tran...-imminente.html

It's very rare we see these quantity for quality deals, but who knows...can't say I see this one happening.

Another week, another high-end player allegedly on the verge of going to Montreal. This time, it's Alexander Frolov for a whopping 5 NHL'ers from the Habs.

http://www.hockey30.com/magazine/rumeur-frolov-a-montreal/

http://toutsurlehockey.com/rumeurs-de-tran...-imminente.html

It's very rare we see these quantity for quality deals, but who knows...can't say I see this one happening.

Quality player but too much going the other way.

CKAC says that its for both Kostys and "ONE" of O'Byrne, Stewart or D'Agostini.. not all five. I dunno, Frolov is great but hes not that is alot to give up for him.. i could see something else coming back if this were to happen.

:hlogo:

Part of me questions the overall validity of the rumour when I see:

Joe Nathan over at Letsgokings.com posted that the radio station CKAC 990 reported that BOTH Kostitsyn's could be part of a package...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matthew-Bar...klund/125/22373

If the original source is "CKAC 990," this is going to go nowhere in a hurry.

For the record, Frolov is a UFA at the end of this season (like Marleau), starting to think that Gainey may be targeting the 1-year upgrade once more to ensure some cap space for the 2010-11 season.

Arguably Frolov is Andrei K. 3 years from now. (10 more goals a season than AK does now) And what the f%$# for ??? unless he plays well with Camm and down our Cap status and we get a guarantee or conditional picks in return if he doesnt sign an extension... IMO way too expensive for all those players

Edited by CoRvInA

A deal like this would be an extremely terrible deal. Trading guys making next to nothing for more salary and another enigma russian player?

This smells of the Gomez deal all over again. Remember how pissed everyone was with that trade at the start (until we saw Gainey was able to add all the other guys because of Gomez).

guys.

Frolov > most of what we have (besides Markov and maybe camm and gomez)

again, you're piss-whining before fact... yet we'd get the better player.

2-1, 3-1 and such CANNOT be at "equal" value. We indeed have to stick so much shit on the wall that we hope some of it will actually stick.

If we want to improve on Kost, even if it's just to improve to Frolov, we'd indeed have to pay a fair amount. The rumour says both Kosts, one of O'B, Stew or d'Ago...

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH ALL THOSE FOLKS ANYWAYS.

We are NOT the TBay lightning with a shallow NHL team, a shallow system and bad recruiters, we are the opposite from that. EVERY DRAFT we get tons of O'B and d'Ago... Marginal NHL players who we like to elevate as supers star as soon as we see some glitters from them. (Remember Balej and the "OMG we overpaid" campaign when we traded for Kovy... LOL LOL LOL)

If we were to give 6 guys like d'Ago, O'B and S. Kost for ONE guy like Frolov, it'd still be a good deal. (unless it actually affects our lineup : e.g. omg we don't have a 2nd line anymore, redux the TBay lightning)

Kost x 2 + one of OB, DAgo or Stew would be the an amazing deal.

A deal like this would be an extremely terrible deal. Trading guys making next to nothing for more salary and another enigma russian player?

This smells of the Gomez deal all over again. Remember how pissed everyone was with that trade at the start (until we saw Gainey was able to add all the other guys because of Gomez).

A. Kost makes more than Frolov.

A. Kost is more of an enigma russian player than Frolov. Frolov is already considered a star, he's been somewhat consistent, while A. Kost is just a shaky sophomore for now...

Didn't Frolov and Cammalleri have some sort of crazy chemistry?

yes they did.

and it seems SOOOOO rare to have "snipers" in this league (who have some kind of versatility, must I add, unlike Ryder) That I would ice a whole flock of them and see what happens. (instead of the passing circus we had last season... Tanguay alone in front of an open net, passes to Koivu, passes to Higgs who winds it 10 feet wide)

CKAC says that its for both Kostys and "ONE" of O'Byrne, Stewart or D'Agostini.. not all five. I dunno, Frolov is great but hes not that is alot to give up for him.. i could see something else coming back if this were to happen.

:hlogo:

Ah, only one of those other three. That sounds a lot better. My biggest problem is that Frolov will be a UFA. He's going to want a lot more than his current 2.9 million, so we likely won't be able to resign him. I think it would be better to just see what AKost can do with the new core. Given who the Kosts decided to hang around with, however, I wouldn't mind too much using them to overpay for a player.

guys.

Frolov > most of what we have (besides Markov and maybe camm and gomez)

again, you're piss-whining before fact... yet we'd get the better player.

2-1, 3-1 and such CANNOT be at "equal" value. We indeed have to stick so much shit on the wall that we hope some of it will actually stick.

If we want to improve on Kost, even if it's just to improve to Frolov, we'd indeed have to pay a fair amount. The rumour says both Kosts, one of O'B, Stew or d'Ago...

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH ALL THOSE FOLKS ANYWAYS.

We are NOT the TBay lightning with a shallow NHL team, a shallow system and bad recruiters, we are the opposite from that. EVERY DRAFT we get tons of O'B and d'Ago... Marginal NHL players who we like to elevate as supers star as soon as we see some glitters from them. (Remember Balej and the "OMG we overpaid" campaign when we traded for Kovy... LOL LOL LOL)

If we were to give 6 guys like d'Ago, O'B and S. Kost for ONE guy like Frolov, it'd still be a good deal. (unless it actually affects our lineup : e.g. omg we don't have a 2nd line anymore, redux the TBay lightning)

Kost x 2 + one of OB, DAgo or Stew would be the an amazing deal.

A. Kost makes more than Frolov.

A. Kost is more of an enigma russian player than Frolov. Frolov is already considered a star, he's been somewhat consistent, while A. Kost is just a shaky sophomore for now...

That's way over generalizing and unfortunately that is the major flaw of mock scouting.

I don't think anyone here has said D'agostini, O'Byrne or Stewie are anything but depth or role players... the value here is Andrei and to a lesser more long shot extent is Sergei.

A. Kost is about to show us one of two things. A) he will break out and become the explosive scoring machine he shows flashes of being or B) he shows the exact same thing we have seen for his first few years.... a streaky scorer that can score in bunches.

The Latter sounds like Frolov only he has played with better scorers then A. Kost has.

Frolov has played in 455 NHL games, A Kost 186 games.

Frolov's first two years he played 156 games scoring 79 points.

A Kost played 152 games in his first 2 full NHL seasons scoring 94 points. Who's the enigma?

This is an apples for Apples type of trade with some Oranges thrown in just for kicks.

Let's not forget Sergei could become a star on his own.

Too much.... waaaay too much

Edited by Habitforming

That's way over generalizing and unfortunately that is the major flaw of mock scouting.

I don't think anyone here has said D'agostini, O'Byrne or Stewie are anything but depth or role players... the value here is Andrei and to a lesser more long shot extent is Sergei.

A. Kost is about to show us one of two things. A) he will break out and become the explosive scoring machine he shows flashes of being or B) he shows the exact same thing we have seen for his first few years.... a streaky scorer that can score in bunches.

The Latter sounds like Frolov only he has played with better scorers then A. Kost has.

Frolov has played in 455 NHL games, A Kost 186 games.

Frolov's first two years he played 156 games scoring 79 points.

A Kost played 152 games in his first 2 full NHL seasons scoring 94 points. Who's the enigma?

This is an apples for Apples type of trade with some Oranges thrown in just for kicks.

Let's not forget Sergei could become a star on his own.

Too much.... waaaay too much

this is the Recchi trade. I want Recchi. I don't care about Leclair! :P