Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Safe bet is that they are shopping : Souray, Visnovsky, Pisani and Comrie.

i cant see us going for any of these guys...the only guy i think we could use is penner...

Edited by KEEP26

Khabibulin's going under the knife, http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305925 and the Oil lost to the Preds while their goaltending position continues to be shaky.......

Yeah, they just sent Dubnyk back to the AHL and recalled another nobody. One other guy that hasn't been mentioned is Smid, a player that you know who has had linked to the Habs for well over a year now.

Yea, any trade with the habs and Oilers doesn't make a whole lot of sense, meaning both teams have the same problem, too many soft perimeter players. Changing those players doesn't solve the problem.

Obviously i'm the minority on Pleks, wanting to trade him, but the habs need to get 2 big centers. Some one to take Metro's spot, and soemone to take Pleks spot. They still need some big players to crash the net, The 3 smallest guys, Moen are the only one's around the net.

I was watching the Dallas game last night and the announcers said they may have interest in Halak, the don't want to resign Turco apparantly.

Ott would be a nice LW with Moen

To add to the discussion, apparently something's up in Edmonton, one of their beat reporters put on Twitter that they're leaving practice to speak with their GM. Still think it's fishy, but hey, it's a slow day all around. One other Oiler name to consider: Patrick O'Sullivan who has been a bust for the most part with them.

To add to the discussion, apparently something's up in Edmonton, one of their beat reporters put on Twitter that they're leaving practice to speak with their GM. Still think it's fishy, but hey, it's a slow day all around. One other Oiler name to consider: Patrick O'Sullivan who has been a bust for the most part with them.

the full team meeting with the gm?

Could be - can't say I follow Edmonton all that much. :) Read about that little blurb, thought I'd mention it given the alleged rumour.

Nikolai Khabibulin was a bad pick up..their major things wrong with this team..the gm might be trying to get a feel from the players on what they thing is wrong...this team need to be take apart..but i dont see edmonton having much that other teams would what or give up alot for..

The update according to everyone's favourite rumour inventor is that Halak and __ would go to Edmonton for Cogliano and prospect D Jeff Petry. A separate update suggests that Montreal wants Gilbert Brule but that Plekanec would likely be going the other way...(and then it made even less sense).

The update according to everyone's favourite rumour inventor is that Halak and __ would go to Edmonton for Cogliano and prospect D Jeff Petry. A separate update suggests that Montreal wants Gilbert Brule but that Plekanec would likely be going the other way...(and then it made even less sense).

I wouldn't trade Plekanec, not just yet anyway. I would want to see what Pleks is looking for contract wise, before just dumping him off to Edmonton, who really has no players I would want. If I am going to trade I would see Dallas. I would see if we could get James Neal or someone of value.

Are we going to target Jack Johnson, Bobby Ryan, or Jack Skille after getting Brule? :lol:

I wouldn't trade Plekanec, not just yet anyway. I would want to see what Pleks is looking for contract wise, before just dumping him off to Edmonton, who really has no players I would want. If I am going to trade I would see Dallas. I would see if we could get James Neal or someone of value.

Turco is a free agent this off season, and with him being 35 Dallas is looking at not re-signing him. Maybe Halak plus a pick goes their way for Neal? Besides could any habs fan really stomach Rebeiro and Plekanec ripping it up on the same team?

Speaking of the Oilers' situation in nets. Mathieu Garon was an Oiler not so long ago.. last week he was one of the 3 stars in the NHL...

:glare:

I wouldn't mind that deal, a decent college defenseman plus Cogliano. I know most posters think the team can't live with pleks but he is already starting to tail off and if BG can't sign him he'll take the money and run. The habs don't have the cash to sign him for what others will offer.

Cogliano plays centre and wing, he can play LW with Pleks and Cammi unitl AK46 returns, then trade Pleks for a first and put Cogliano in the middle. He is a good passer and skater with numbers similar to pLeks every year but the first half of this year. HGe only makes 3 mill i beleive and is under contract for a few more years.

sorry, can't live without Pleks

Cogliano for anyone who's wondering is on the final year of his entry level deal with a cap hit of $1,133,333, including $250k of bonuses.

He hasn't missed a game due to injuries in his career and scored 18 goals in each of his first 2 years. This year though, he's on pace for 8 and around 19 points total.

Chris, might you have been thinking of O'Sullivan and just typed Cogliano? O'Sully makes just under 3 mil and has been a 40+ point player (mostly like Plekanec) for the last several years.

Given how badly we don't want the Bruins to get a lottery pick from the Leafs and the fact that the Leafs are desperate for a little offense, could we not offer up somebody like Desharnais to set up their man Kessel. We have to make a decision on him at end of year. The compensation could be conditional on how he performs. I like to see the little big man get a true shot. The only down side would that the bulldogs would miss him big time in their Calder run.

Yea, i don't think they want Halak, i suspect if they want a Habs player it's Sk, or some combo with him in it. The Gagne factor to get him going.

I think Dallas, St Loius and maybe Detroit are the only teams that may seriously want Halak.

Why does everyone seem to think Detroit wants a goalie? They already have Jimmy Howard, who is playing excellent hockey this year. Behind him they've got a proven playoff winner in Osgood, a guy who showed last year that he still knows how to turn it on when it counts. Then you've got three solid prospects in their minor league system - Former Elitserien rookie of the year Daniel Larsson, former OHL All-Star and recent 1st round pick Thomas McCollum, and former CCHA goalie of the year Jordan Pearce. Why would they be interested in Halak?

Edited by Fanpuck33

At this point its hard to know what bob well do..I think his waiting for another GM to make the first move..iam pretty sure the GMs know which players we have that bob is welling to move..

iam wonder is bob going to try to trade hamrlik to save money to sign someone in the off season..

i been have touble finding a less of ufa next season...can anyone help?

Edited by KEEP26

I think Bob has to pull some magic like the Sharks did. If they hadn't made that trade with Vancouver, they would have never signed Heatly. The same needs to happen hear. BGL and Hammer's contracts need to go in order to sign plek.