Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Tonight might be VERY interesting....or will it? :lol: If it is interesting, I figure at around 10 or 11 PM ET tonight things should begin. After the conclusion of almost every game it's possible that some trades start being released.

Right now?

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: !

So you think Leclair was just a product of Lindros? This has never really made sense.

Sure Lindros was a great player and that definitely helped Leclair. But before Leclair arrived Lindros was very ineffective. Why did Lindros suddenly improve once he was playing with Leclair? Leclair had great skills and he was great after he went to Philly. But he was great in the 93 playoffs too and that was without Lindros.

I think LeClair was lucky that the prime of his career coincided with his time with Lindros. He was never close to being a point per game player as a youngster with the Habs and he never got very close after he turned 31 and Lindros was no longer around. Therefore, it is difficult to say whether his success was due to Lindros or him just being in his prime.

I'm not quite sure where you got the idea Lindros was ineffective before LeClair. 75 points in 61 games as a rookie and 97 points in 63 games in his second season. LeClaire didn't arrive until Lindros' third season. I think it would be very interesting to find out what percentage of LeClair's points in Philly came when Lindros was in the lineup.

Finally, no more Eklund and no more surfing here and there for rumours. I can trust this twitter account. Under the banner of The Score it has tweets from Eliott Friedman and Bob McKenzie. Just refresh and you'll get breaking trades.

http://tradedeadline.thescore.com/tweets

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

If they make a move, i would think they would do something earlier in the day, since they are supposed to fly to SJ in the morning. I really hope they clear up some salary on the blue line - wouldn't hurt to move UFA Mara and Hamrlik to teams looking for veterans for the playoffs and get a younger, cheaper puck moving Dman with more upside for the future - top 3 would be nice ^_^ Wee seem to like stockpiling on the bottom feeders.

Finally, no more Eklund and no more surfing here and there for rumours. I can trust this twitter account. Under the banner of The Score it has tweets from Eliott Friedman and Bob McKenzie. Just refresh and you'll get breaking trades.

http://tradedeadline.thescore.com/tweets

TSNBobMcKenzie : The first trade of day has come and gone -- Tim Horton's gave me a coffee instead of steeped tea at drive thru. Had to swap it. Done deal.

Sweet............................ :lol: If the deadline is like the last couple years they'll be sitting around trying to fill 9 hrs.............and the real flurry will come in the last few hours

Random musings from various Twitter accounts (and Eklund)

- Cogliano to Habs in play

- Metropolit looking like he'll be dealt

- Kariya to Montreal again (this is a rare occasion where I'll say long live the cap)

The ho hum continues.

2:50 Edit: Nolan to Habs a possibility.

Of the ramblings I've posted earlier, STL is done, while Nolan is staying in Minnesota. I've heard a rumour the Habs do have a deal in the queue but another contact says that they don't. We'll see soon enough.

Of the ramblings I've posted earlier, STL is done, while Nolan is staying in Minnesota. I've heard a rumour the Habs do have a deal in the queue but another contact says that they don't. We'll see soon enough.

Nope, turns out the Habs are done. The player 'in question' went to Colorado instead.

We have the same team we started with. If we get healthy we may be able to make the playoffs. Would of been nice to move Mara or another expensive contact.

We have the same team we started with. If we get healthy we may be able to make the playoffs. Would of been nice to move Mara or another expensive contact.
Well we now have room for another Bulldog in our roster ( with the departure of D'agos)

• 2 weeks later...

According to Marc-Antoine Godin of LaPresse, Pierre Gauthier contacted Don Meehan to start negotiations to extend MArkov's contract!

I don't know how much truth there is to this story, but if it's true, that's what I call being proactive!!

According to Marc-Antoine Godin of LaPresse, Pierre Gauthier contacted Don Meehan to start negotiations to extend MArkov's contract!

I don't know how much truth there is to this story, but if it's true, that's what I call being proactive!!

Anyone else thinking long term, front-loaded deal? I'll stop complaining about them if we start using them. ;)

Anyone else thinking long term, front-loaded deal? I'll stop complaining about them if we start using them. ;)

If Markov's willing to sign until he's 40 or 41, DO IT.