Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

4 mill i believe 3 more years. Both Kosty bros are about the same cap hit.

I am not sure Florida would want the Kosty Bro's but who knows. It does seem to be a buyers market with the cap and teams looking to save money and get younger.

Damn, that's an attractive contract...

No kidding. So why is Florida shopping him around? Either he wants out, or it's to try to stickpile high-end prospects/draft picks - ? If the latter, we're uncompetitive. If they want immediate help, then maybe we can make a play.

No kidding. So why is Florida shopping him around? Either he wants out, or it's to try to stickpile high-end prospects/draft picks - ? If the latter, we're uncompetitive. If they want immediate help, then maybe we can make a play.

They probably sense now is the best time to move him with his NTC kicking in late next week. Couple that with a weak free agent market at C, the likely best possible return for them would be between now and the draft. It's that same reason that scares me as whoever gets him will probably be overpaying.

I also think the Panthers are looking to shake up the core - Horton's been around for a while and the team's had little success. Some of that has to fall on him, does it not? I also don't see the Panthers wanting to eat a lot of cap back, they may prefer to spend their dough on the free agent market (where they can sell the no state tax element). That'd take A. Kostitsyn out of any deal...

They probably sense now is the best time to move him with his NTC kicking in late next week. Couple that with a weak free agent market at C, the likely best possible return for them would be between now and the draft. It's that same reason that scares me as whoever gets him will probably be overpaying.

I also think the Panthers are looking to shake up the core - Horton's been around for a while and the team's had little success. Some of that has to fall on him, does it not? I also don't see the Panthers wanting to eat a lot of cap back, they may prefer to spend their dough on the free agent market (where they can sell the no state tax element). That'd take A. Kostitsyn out of any deal...

Unfortunately i don't think we have the necessary pieces to make this trade. Outside of Subban I don't think we have anything they want.

So now that the top 6 is projected at this:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

...are we happy?

I'd say we definitely need size on the top line and with rumours of the Kostitsyn's being traded, it seems like a good chance to get Cammy/Plex a solid tough winger to open up the ice for them. So, who's available?

...are we happy?

Does it matter?

Anyways, I'm comfortable with that but I would prefer to flip Andrei for someone a little more consistent. Also, someone who could maybe step up from the 3rd line to fill in for Pouliot if he falters. Maybe Moore, Pacioretty or Eller could do that.

I still think they sign Frolov and then trade with Chicago...

Give Chicago some youth, A.Kost, and some picks for Byfuglien and Sopel or Campbell. Buyout or trade Hamrlik.

Lines look like..

Cammy - Pleks - Frolov

Gionta - Gomez - Byfuglien

Moen - Eller - Pouliot

Pyatt - Laps - Darche

Subban - Spacek

Markov - Gorges

OByrne - Sopel/Campbell

I know this sounds insane, but I just heard something about Luongo and Price being involved in some sort of blockbuster trade :lol: not even from Eklund

I can tell you the source of those rumours - moronic Canuckleheads jumping from the fact of the Canucks' hiring of Rollie Melanson to the conclusion that the next move is to 'unload' Luongo for Price. :rolleyes: Just goes to show, some fans are even dumber than habs' fans. :hlogo:

I still think they sign Frolov and then trade with Chicago...

Give Chicago some youth, A.Kost, and some picks for Byfuglien and Sopel or Campbell. Buyout or trade Hamrlik.

Lines look like..

Cammy - Pleks - Frolov

Gionta - Gomez - Byfuglien

Moen - Eller - Pouliot

Pyatt - Laps - Darche

Subban - Spacek

Markov - Gorges

OByrne - Sopel/Campbell

So how exactly will this fit under the cap? Byfuglien makes 3 mil, Campbell 7, and Frolov will get something starting with a 4. Even if you find someone to trade a pick/unsigned prospect for Hamrlik, you're only losing 8 and a half. The Habs have roughly 8-8.5 mil to spend on 8 players. With those trades in mind, you're now down to 3-3.5 with the following players to sign: Price, a backup G, Pouliot, Lapierre, and Pyatt. Doesn't work.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that Byfuglien has been traded...

Glad the Habs didn't land Byfulgien. For some reason, all I could think of was Marty Lapointe. Unrealistic expectations abound for the Buff.

he would of been ok but not worth a 1 and 2 pick and have to take on Sopel, i think Thrashers just made a dumb move..

I wish we would move the Kostitsyns...i need these guys off the team..

Edited by KEEP26

Glad the Habs didn't land Byfuglien. For some reason, all I could think of was Marty Lapointe. Unrealistic expectations abound for the Buff.

'The Buff' is a guy who seems only to do anything during the playoffs. At face value, that is the wrong kind of player for a team like Atlanta - they need guys who come to play every night during the season and contribute to the right kind of culture. Oh well, Waddell never does anything that makes sense, so what's new.

Which team would make that mistake of taking the Kost's along with their salary? Maybe Burky and his maple laughs? I would just let them walk and save us the trouble. Does anyone know what is our cap roght now and if we have any room to sign a D? :wacko:

'The Buff' is a guy who seems only to do anything during the playoffs. At face value, that is the wrong kind of player for a team like Atlanta - they need guys who come to play every night during the season and contribute to the right kind of culture. Oh well, Waddell never does anything that makes sense, so what's new.

It's Dudley now in Atlanta.

Byf started 78% of his shifts in the offensive zone during the playoffs. Quennville used him brilliantly, but when he's given normal zone start distribution he's below average.

Which team would make that mistake of taking the Kost's along with their salary? Maybe Burky and his maple laughs? I would just let them walk and save us the trouble. Does anyone know what is our cap roght now and if we have any room to sign a D? :wacko:

Sign a D? Our issue is not D, big winger seems the catch of the day. If anything we have one too many D-men ( or is it d-man).

yes he is a winger, he played 1 year with Cammy in LA also. SO if Cammy gives him the stamp of approval i'm ok with Frlov Pleks and Cammy. But until it happens, i don't beleive it.

You would have to trade both Kosty bros for a pick or minor leagures to make salary work. Frolov will want 4-5 mill.

yes he is a winger, he played 1 year with Cammy in LA also. SO if Cammy gives him the stamp of approval i'm ok with Frlov Pleks and Cammy. But until it happens, i don't beleive it.

You would have to trade both Kosty bros for a pick or minor leagures to make salary work. Frolov will want 4-5 mill.

The sad fact is that we need TWO wingers - one to replace Andrei and one to replace Pouliot - if we wanted to be assured of being a really dangerous team. Having said that, if Frolov gives us at least one legitimate top-6 winger for the second line, I could live with simply dumping (or demoting) the Krapstitsyns. We'd then have to cross our fingers on some progression from Pouliot, but that may be a gamble worth taking - in a cap system cheap young guys HAVE to produce.

Then again perhaps I'm being insufficiently patient with Andrei, who may simply need to be separated from his moron of a brother in order to become a solid professional (but check out http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/, where it's suggested that Andrei may actually be developmentally 'challenged!' :huh: )

I seriously wonder if Gauthier will even QUALIFY Sergei. He might not be able to find a single taker for him. And if that's the case, and he doesn't ever want him back, you might as well just let him become a UFA.