Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The sad fact is that we need TWO wingers - one to replace Andrei and one to replace Pouliot - if we wanted to be assured of being a really dangerous team. Having said that, if Frolov gives us at least one legitimate top-6 winger for the second line, I could live with simply dumping (or demoting) the Krapstitsyns. We'd then have to cross our fingers on some progression from Pouliot, but that may be a gamble worth taking - in a cap system cheap young guys HAVE to produce.

Then again perhaps I'm being insufficiently patient with Andrei, who may simply need to be separated from his moron of a brother in order to become a solid professional (but check out http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/, where it's suggested that Andrei may actually be developmentally 'challenged!' :huh: )

That is as relevant as saying that maybe he has superpowers brought on by radioactive chemicals.

Marleau and Pavelski re-sign in San Jose.

Marleau gets $6.85m per for 4 years, if you're curious. Would have taken a lot more to pry him away from San Jose for those that wanted him over Plex.

Pavelski got $4m, he had offer sheet potential but no arbitration rights, I believe. So if you wanted Pavelski over Plex, you'd have to offer probably more money than what Plex signed at and give up a bunch of draft picks, including 1st rounders.

I just want to post these scenarios to show exactly what kind of market we're dealing with here. No surprise these signings come right when cap is announced.

Then again perhaps I'm being insufficiently patient with Andrei, who may simply need to be separated from his moron of a brother in order to become a solid professional (but check out http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/, where it's suggested that Andrei may actually be developmentally 'challenged!' :huh: )

Holly Cow!! that J.T dude in that blog knows as much about hockey as my 2 year old niece does!

Holly Cow!! that J.T dude in that blog knows as much about hockey as my 2 year old niece does!

He is actually a she, and I consider her one of the more knowledgeable habs bloggers out there. That piece wasn't her best work, but scan the archive; it's good stuff.

I seriously wonder if Gauthier will even QUALIFY Sergei. He might not be able to find a single taker for him. And if that's the case, and he doesn't ever want him back, you might as well just let him become a UFA.

Sergei has recieved an offer, while Pouliot has not. Eklund says Mtl are trying to get the rights to Volchenkov. Man, that would be nice...

He is actually a she, and I consider her one of the more knowledgeable habs bloggers out there. That piece wasn't her best work, but scan the archive; it's good stuff.

Yes, that is a real low-blow against Kostitsyn. But in general it's a good blog and often quite funny.

Sergei has recieved an offer, while Pouliot has not. Eklund says Mtl are trying to get the rights to Volchenkov. Man, that would be nice...

Dear God, I hope not. Volchenkov is demanding Komisarek money, and like Komi, he's only worth half that. Z. Michalek is a way more value savvy option.

'Get the rights'...blech. Unless you lock the guy up that's stupid, and V. won't come cheap (although he would be a huge upgrade on D).

Odd that Pouliot hasn't gotten an offer, but it's too early to be alarmed.

Fair enough!

'Get the rights'...blech. Unless you lock the guy up that's stupid, and V. won't come cheap (although he would be a huge upgrade on D).

Odd that Pouliot hasn't gotten an offer, but it's too early to be alarmed.

what was Eggplant's rate for that E3?

If Volch is coming in D then bye bye Hammer...maybe even buyout

If Pouliot is gone then that makes 2 vacancies on the wing in our top lines, maybe time to graduate our dogs?

If Volch is coming in D then bye bye Hammer...maybe even buyout

If Pouliot is gone then that makes 2 vacancies on the wing in our top lines, maybe time to graduate our dogs?

Arrragh.... they must be going to qualify Pouliot! Otherwise we have lost GL for nothing and that trade becomes a major faux pa. Anyone one have any thoughts as to why they would qualify SK and not Pouliot?

Arrragh.... they must be going to qualify Pouliot! Otherwise we have lost GL for nothing and that trade becomes a major faux pa. Anyone one have any thoughts as to why they would qualify SK and not Pouliot?

They still have a few days to qualify him, which I am sure they will if he is not traded.

The thing with SK is, although at times (99% of the time) he can be incredibly frustrating, he does have a huge amount of talent. Do you just let him walk as a UFA? I don't think so. But I'd still be shocked if he is around come training camp.

Weiss makes no sense, Eller ©, Gomez and Pleks both centers, he is small.

Burns does make sense since JM really doesn't trust O'Byrne. Burns has a cannon form the point, RH, RDman.

Cap hit of 3,5M UFA in 2012-2013.

what would we give up?

I dont see why they would move him or want we would give up to make this happen???

we got alot of D and no winger..I cant see this happening unless we move a D-man to them...I cant c them whating hammer..

Edited by KEEP26

Someone called CKAC and told he was working from Purolator and that Chris Drury's sticks were shipped to Brossard today...

Hossa's gloves 2.0.

even if it's true, he might just be training there later this Summer.. funny rumour though

Someone called CKAC and told he was working from Purolator and that Chris Drury's sticks were shipped to Brossard today...

Hossa's gloves 2.0.

Weiss is incredibly underrated, a great 5 on 5 performer, and Jacques knows him well. But yeah, we have our centre position locked in, I can't imagine us being able to work in even Weiss' reasonable contract (hey, Martin did some good as a GM).

But in theory, Weiss gives us 3 very good centres. Eller becomes a winger.

Burns we'd be betting on a change of scenery doing him good. He really struggled last year. Maybe we're trying to poach him on the cheap?

Weiss is incredibly underrated, a great 5 on 5 performer, and Jacques knows him well. But yeah, we have our centre position locked in, I can't imagine us being able to work in even Weiss' reasonable contract (hey, Martin did some good as a GM).

But in theory, Weiss gives us 3 very good centres. Eller becomes a winger.

Burns we'd be betting on a change of scenery doing him good. He really struggled last year. Maybe we're trying to poach him on the cheap?

I can certainly see Burns needing a change of scenery. Maybe A. Kostitysn would interest the offence-starved Wild?

I can certainly see Burns needing a change of scenery. Maybe A. Kostitysn would interest the offence-starved Wild?

i make that trade...but we would need to still move a D man out and bring in a winger

Edited by KEEP26

i make that trade...but we would need to still move a D man out and bring in a winger

Burns played a few games as a F. I say play him on the wing and IN FRONT OF THE NET !!!!!

Edit : But I would probably not make the trade anyway. I will once again call a breakout season for Andrei in October... He was on a very good path before his injury.

Edited by JoeLassister

Burns played a few games as a F. I say play him on the wing and IN FRONT OF THE NET !!!!!

That's what's so intriguing about the rumour. He is actually a natural forward. The Habs could be looking at him as a chance to score that vaunted Big Winger on the sly - or else as a chance to bolster the back end; either way, if he works out, he addresses significant team weaknesses. On the other hand, Burns has had two concussions already, and while that has the benefit of lowering his value, it is also likely to scare away Habs management. All the same: one of the more interesting rumours I've heard in a while from a 'fantasy GM' standpoint.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I'd deal A. Kostitsyn for Burns either. I'd need to think about that some more.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber