Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Hmm...it'd be an upgrade on AK, and if it doesn't work out, he only has one year left...could be a low risk/high reward situation, if we cannot sign the likes of Frolov/Afinaganov.

Hmm...it'd be an upgrade on AK, and if it doesn't work out, he only has one year left...could be a low risk/high reward situation, if we cannot sign the likes of Frolov/Afinaganov.

Agreed. He could represent a fan-friendly patchwork solution for the gaping hole in our top-6. Not sure about moving AK for him, though. It might be worth holding onto AK to see how he does without his whiny puke of a brother on his shoulder. Also, if we trade a 'top-6' winger for Gagne, we remain one player short in the top-6. Considering that gagne is injury-prone, the net result could be Pleks playing with the likes of Darche, White, Eller, etc., for waaay too much of the season. :huh:

I'm really thinking Pouliot or Pax could really do 1/2 line minutes. I was impressed with Pax last season, he had speed going down the wing and beat quite a few d-men out wide, he just seemed to lack finish.

i still got the feeling we are in on Kovalchuk...we can make it work if we trade ak and move hammer(or ahl) if owner ship really whats Kovalchuk..

i still got the feeling we are in on Kovalchuk...we can make it work if we trade ak and move hammer(or ahl) if owner ship really whats Kovalchuk..

Apparently the Isles have a 10 year, $100 M offer for him. If true, I don't think the Habs are in it. :)

I still got the feeling that PG didn't mention the name Kovalchuk once on the phone this week.

Well... maybe once... in the sentence "Hey man, amazing how we cannot afford Kovalchuk!"

^_^

Apparently the Isles have a 10 year, $100 M offer for him. If true, I don't think the Habs are in it. :)

i dont think Kovalchuk well take that deal he whats to play in a hockey city who got a chance of winning..

I wouldnt want him for that contract. Yashin and Kovalchuk seems very alike. Refusing to resign with their team and then expects a maniac contract so they can float and cash in.

I wouldnt want him for that contract. Yashin and Kovalchuk seems very alike. Refusing to resign with their team and then expects a maniac contract so they can float and cash in.

Does anyone know what Frolov is asking for? It must be the moon or he would be signed by now.

Well.. at least Yashin helped the Sens by getting traded... didnt Ottawa get both Chara and the pick to get Spezza and even more in that deal?

Wonder what Atlanta got... cant even remember what the devils paid. Oduya? hahaha

Does anyone know what Frolov is asking for? It must be the moon or he would be signed by now.

I read a post on HFboards that quoted some insider that said Frolov was only after something like 3.8M per season. If that's true, I'm guessing teams have looked at his 50 point season and figure he's on the decline.

I wouldn't touch Afinogenov unless he comes super cheap. He's the MAB of forwards.

I read a post on HFboards that quoted some insider that said Frolov was only after something like 3.8M per season. If that's true, I'm guessing teams have looked at his 50 point season and figure he's on the decline.

I wouldn't touch Afinogenov unless he comes super cheap. He's the MAB of forwards.

I cant see that being true, with the rumor that cammy told PG that he like to have frolov on the team and if all he is looking for is 3.8, i would think we would make it happen.........

his pretty much want we are looking for top 6 foward Height: 6-2 Weight: 204lbs Shoots: R.....

I still think something is cooking, i think a trade is coming..my money is on Roman Hamrlik or Jaroslav Spacek or Andrei Kostitsyn or Maxim Lapierre.....

Edited by KEEP26

I cant see that being true, with the rumor that cammy told PG that he like to have frolov on the team and if all he is looking for is 3.8, i would think we would make it happen.........

his pretty much want we are looking for top 6 foward Height: 6-2 Weight: 204lbs Shoots: R.....

I still think something is cooking, i think a trade is coming..my money is on Roman Hamrlik or Jaroslav Spacek or Andrei Kostitsyn or Maxim Lapierre.....

We don't have the cap space to afford 3.8 even. AK or Hammer or someone needs to go first.

Id like to see what Andrei can do when he can focus on hockey instead of family (his late brother sergei) before just dumping him for a late pick.

Haha you make it sound like Sergei passed away, he was just traded.

Id like to see what Andrei can do when he can focus on hockey instead of family (his late brother sergei) before just dumping him for a late pick.

i dont think his brother getting traded well change things, he might come out harder because his playing for a new deal..but iam pretty sure he we be drop sooner or later...he dont fit with the team and for his money we can bring in someone else...

We don't have the cap space to afford 3.8 even. AK or Hammer or someone needs to go first.

They can go second. We can be over the cap by 10% (so $5.9m over) until Oct. 1.

haha.. RIP the "late" Sergei

Very difficult to project at this point the contribution and commitment we'll get from Andrei next year. If he struggles soon, it will probably be impossible to trade him. It seems to make all the sense in the world to see him go and replaced by Frolov. But we've been saying that for years..

Haha you make it sound like Sergei passed away, he was just traded.

Yeah well :D Sometimes when he was demoted he just dissapeared and then someone would say "I see dead people... no it was just Sergei that is back".

The only reason the next wave of UFAs hasn't signed yet is because everyone is waiting for the Kovalchuk domino to fall. Once plan A is gone, everyone will look at their respective plan B's.

They can go second. We can be over the cap by 10% (so $5.9m over) until Oct. 1.

I'm hearing that trades are stalling any potential signings at this point.

I think PG is trying to work a trade, so that they can add Frolov. The Cammy connection is legit and I think Frolov playing with Plex and Cammy is a great #1 line. I think PG will keep Kostitsyn and he'll play with Gomez and Gionta.

The trade that I think is in the works involves Hamrlik/Spacek & Pouliot/Lapierre. Any combination of those players would give the Habs cap relief of $4.5M - depending on what they got back.

The third line could consist of Eller, Pacioretty and Moen. I wouldn't mind Raffi Torres somewhere on that line either...

Plus, they can always sign Mara again ($800k) if Hamrlik/Spacek are traded. Then there's Carle and Weber in the minors.

how could the Habs continually let Souray slip away?!?!?!?

if the Habs would have picked up Souray, they could have re-couped one of those "we lost him and got nothing for him in return" cases ---- u know, not that he's any good anymore for his contract figures, but just cuz i'm so tired of those continually saying the Habs' GM is mis-managing the Habs assets.

seems to me that unless Sheldon would have signed for 1 or 2 years (which he would not have done), the Habs' asset 'mismanagement' was GENIUS!

how could the Habs continually let Souray slip away?!?!?!?

if the Habs would have picked up Souray, they could have re-couped one of those "we lost him and got nothing for him in return" cases ---- u know, not that he's any good anymore for his contract figures, but just cuz i'm so tired of those continually saying the Habs' GM is mis-managing the Habs assets.

seems to me that unless Sheldon would have signed for 1 or 2 years (which he would not have done), the Habs' asset 'mismanagement' was GENIUS!

Actually Souray should have been traded like Rivet at the trade deadline. To me it was a no brainer a chronic injury case having a career year in a UFA year. That was the asset mismanagement.

Actually Souray should have been traded like Rivet at the trade deadline. To me it was a no brainer a chronic injury case having a career year in a UFA year. That was the asset mismanagement.

ya - what were they THINKING! keeping Sheldon around in an effort to make the playoffs that year. don't they know it's not about making the playoffs ... it's all about asset management! sheesh!!!