Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I wonder if it wouldnt make sense to flip Pouliot and AK and see if that can help each other out. AK is a shooter, and Gionta would go to the net, Gomez is a great passer. Cammy is a sniper, Plek is the passer, and if Pouliot used his body could try to crash the net in imitation of Gionta.

That make sense?

Eller could be in the top 6 as a winger. That's another option going forward.

Don't forget Brock Trotter. 35 goals in the AHL, 23 years old, now waiver eligible.

Yea, i think you'll see Eller on the PP instead of Pouliot. I think those 2 may flip flop alot during the year depending on who's hot.

I like Trotter, he has been a goal scorer whever he has played. He'll be the 1st top 6 callup. if Pouliot of AK46 struggle, he may be the replacement.

Yea, i think you'll see Eller on the PP instead of Pouliot. I think those 2 may flip flop alot during the year depending on who's hot.

I like Trotter, he has been a goal scorer whever he has played. He'll be the 1st top 6 callup. if Pouliot of AK46 struggle, he may be the replacement.

If Trotter played in Toronto his name would be Tyler Bozak and he would be a future star.

Edited by Wamsley01

i would like torries but dont what to lose moen, but i wouldnt mine 2.5mil on a one year deal....

Moen better show up this year. He was a bit of a disapointment for me.

If Trotter played in Toronto his name would be Tyler Bozak and he would be a future star.

Ahahaha. It's so true. Leafs and media over rate their players like crazy! Sundin and Kaberle are the only stars that team has seen in 10 years.

Except the fact you guys forgot Boyd. Barring trades the lineup is pretty much set.

Pouliot Gomez Gionta

AK46 Pleks Cammi

Moen Eller Lapierre

Pyatt Boyd White or Darche

Pacioretty needs a full year of health playing with some offensive players

Subban Hamrlik

Gorges Gill

Spacek O'Byrne

Until markov gets back

Price and Auld

I actually love it.. although I do think AK46 gets traded and possibly Frolov is put there. Just a hunch. I expect a big year from Eller. Just another hunch.

I actually love it.. although I do think AK46 gets traded and possibly Frolov is put there. Just a hunch. I expect a big year from Eller. Just another hunch.

iam start to think it might be a good idea to save a few $ and let the the young guys fight it out for the top 2 lines..we should trade AK and get him off the books as i dont see him long term with the team..this is hammer last year so next season we should have some money to spend..

iam start to think it might be a good idea to save a few $ and let the the young guys fight it out for the top 2 lines..we should trade AK and get him off the books as i dont see him long term with the team..this is hammer last year so next season we should have some money to spend..

AK46 is still a RFA at the end of this deal... he'll retain trade value throughout the year (or lose it completely if no one thinks he's even worth qualifying at $3.25m). We don't HAVE to trade Kostitsyn now for fear of losing him for nothing like a UFA.

AK46 is still a RFA at the end of this deal... he'll retain trade value throughout the year (or lose it completely if no one thinks he's even worth qualifying at $3.25m). We don't HAVE to trade Kostitsyn now for fear of losing him for nothing like a UFA.

i know but i still think the team would be as good with out him, so i would trade him now and have his cap off the books and if a trade comes up in the season you have cap room to take on a cap...Having cap room is big in this new NHL

It's not a bad lineup - lots of very likeable, quality players - but it's clearly not a contending lineup either. We're decidedly reliant on totally unproven young guys such as Eller, Pyatt, Pacioretty, White, Desharnais and Trotter to provide us with NHL-calibre depth in the bottom six; and then we have TWO massive question-marks in the top six (Pouliot and Kosty). I don't mind relying on youth in principle, and we probably have no choice as long as we're carrying Hammer's contract, but Habs' youth has been all too often disappointing, so suddenly assuming they can stand and deliver seems unduly optimistic. One injury up front and we likely have big problems. And then there's the mystery of Carey Price in net.

Too many question-marks for my taste. Especially up front.

It's definitely a season that will require some exceptionally deft coaching. What we really need, given this arrangement, is that magical combination of youthful enthusiasm and veteran leadership to catch fire in the way that it did in 2008. Short of that happening, it's liable to be an up and down season with several near-death experiences assured.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Reports that the loaded Flyers have signed Zherdev. :rolleyes: How does that team stay under the cap?

Trade Kostitsyn and Weber for Filatov, sign Frolov. Season saved!

Reports that the loaded Flyers have signed Zherdev. :rolleyes: How does that team stay under the cap?

Trade Kostitsyn and Weber for Filatov, sign Frolov. Season saved!

They'll dump Gagne basically for free to get them back under. Teams with all sorts of cap space will be drooling at the potential of getting him or Savard basically for free. Still trying to confirm Zherdev's numbers too ($3 M appears to be the report).

They'll dump Gagne basically for free to get them back under. Teams with all sorts of cap space will be drooling at the potential of getting him or Savard basically for free. Still trying to confirm Zherdev's numbers too ($3 M appears to be the report).

Gagne HAS to tempt the Habs, whatever the cap issues he raises.

It's not a bad lineup - lots of very likeable, quality players - but it's clearly not a contending lineup either. We're decidedly reliant on totally unproven young guys such as Eller, Pyatt, Pacioretty, White, Desharnais and Trotter to provide us with NHL-calibre depth in the bottom six; and then we have TWO massive question-marks in the top six (Pouliot and Kosty). I don't mind relying on youth in principle, and we probably have no choice as long as we're carrying Hammer's contract, but Habs' youth has been all too often disappointing, so suddenly assuming they can stand and deliver seems unduly optimistic. One injury up front and we likely have big problems. And then there's the mystery of Carey Price in net.

Too many question-marks for my taste. Especially up front.

It's definitely a season that will require some exceptionally deft coaching. What we really need, given this arrangement, is that magical combination of youthful enthusiasm and veteran leadership to catch fire in the way that it did in 2008. Short of that happening, it's liable to be an up and down season with several near-death experiences assured.

As usual, great post. I'm believing the quiet re-build theory you've proposed before. Next summer, Hamrlik, Kosty and Moen are off the books, that free's up 10 million.

As usual, great post. I'm believing the quiet re-build theory you've proposed before. Next summer, Hamrlik, Kosty and Moen are off the books, that free's up 10 million.

Not quite, Moen's still under contract for another year after next and Kostitsyn's an RFA; I don't see the Habs just letting him walk outright. He'll be a year away from being a UFA with arbitration rights.

Not quite, Moen's still under contract for another year after next and Kostitsyn's an RFA; I don't see the Habs just letting him walk outright. He'll be a year away from being a UFA with arbitration rights.

Was Moen a 3 year deal? ok, I stand corrected. With Kosty, I feel this is the year a decision get's made. If he's not in the plans, he get's traded.

I like Gagne, but given this team's injury history I'd be pretty leery taking on a guy who has been plagued with back and concussion problems.

Sounds like the flyers are getting zherdav. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a guy at his age and skill level. I know most here would be leery taking on another russian - particularly one who has bolted and has a reputation of not showing up every night. But a guy like that should be a lot cheaper then Gagne, higher risk maybe, but potentially much higher reward.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I like Gagne, but given this team's injury history I'd be pretty leery taking on a guy who has been plagued with back and concussion problems.

Sounds like the flyers are getting zherdav. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a guy at his age and skill level. I know most here would be leery taking on another russian - particularly one who has bolted and has a reputation of not showing up every night. But a guy like that should be a lot cheaper then Gagne, higher risk maybe, but potentially much higher reward.

So by that line of thinking, how about Maixime Afinogenov?

So by that line of thinking, how about Maixime Afinogenov?

depends on the salary. If he signs in the $1.5M range like he did before, it would be a good risk to take. We need guys who can finish AND can drive to the net.

I'd rather get a guy like Zherdev though, since i think he has a higher upside - if he grows up!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Gagné man... this guy was gonna be captain, you name it on the flyers team... The only reason he's been on the trading block is his common genotype with George laraque.. that means they share the same shitty genes that us mortals have and that professional sportstuds dont have!

Unfortunately Gagné means longterm IR... and at 5 mil thats doo doo for the other 29 teams.... Sad for Him... but he is still getting 5 mil next year so he makes ME look pathetic. ;)

Can't happen. Both teams are close to the cap. I suppose Gagne for AK could be possible but I don't really see that happening.

Can't happen. Both teams are close to the cap. I suppose Gagne for AK could be possible but I don't really see that happening.

Well, Gagne for picks could happen, and the AK for picks to someone else by October.

Everyone is always too worried about the cap...there are still almost 3 months to sort that out.

Don't get me wrong, you have to be mindful of where you are against the cap BUT being a few million over at this point of the summer is not the end of the world. It may limit your bargaining chip when trying to trade a player to get under but that shouldn't keep you from acquiring a key player (such as Gagne IF they felt he is that "key" player...which I'm also not convinced of to be honest).