Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569320&navid=DL|NHL|home

Not a rumor of any kind just a little update on Max Pac

I have too say he may be my favourite player on Montreal, I just really like him for some reason :P

I really think he is going to have an outstanding year next year, plus I cannnnnot wait for his first game against Boston, I'm going to call a hat trick! ha!

About 30 minutes ago my friend told me the Habs had made a trade with the LA Kings. I checked everywhere, found nothing, and called him a liar. Now EK (yes, that idiot) has just posted that the Kings are up to something...

My friend is now gloating saying it is a trade with Montreal. He's called 50 times in the last 4 minutes. We bet a case of beer that it was a lie.

Probably just a coincidence... but stay tuned!

I hope you got your case of beer.

Mini rumour for you but I've heard that the Habs are close to signing a young Czech goaltender. Who that is, I'm still trying to decipher as the tournament he played in (where the source of this rumour comes from) doesn't show team rosters on their website.

Mini rumour for you but I've heard that the Habs are close to signing a young Czech goaltender. Who that is, I'm still trying to decipher as the tournament he played in (where the source of this rumour comes from) doesn't show team rosters on their website.

I've found an online source where I suspect this originated from, it's towards the bottom of the article.

http://www.carynews....-takes-him.html

The oldest a player can be in that tournament is 19.

I've found an online source where I suspect this originated from, it's towards the bottom of the article.

http://www.carynews....-takes-him.html

The oldest a player can be in that tournament is 19.

Roman Will? He'll be coming overseas to play for Moncton next year.

It's very, very common for ice hockey players in the Czech Republic to play inline hockey. Plekanec is quite sought after as well as an inline player.

I just read something on a french website that Cory Stillman was interested in playing with thr Habs

I was just wndering if this was a rumour.Or has anyone seen this.

I haven't seen anything to that effect though as a 3rd line option with Eller and Kostitsyn, he'd be interesting.

It's very, very common for ice hockey players in the Czech Republic to play inline hockey. Plekanec is quite sought after as well as an inline player.

Plekanec at one point was actually on the Czechs' team for the Inline Worlds before the Habs put a veto on that just before the tournament started. As for that goalie, could be, I still can't find a record of who suited up for the Czechs at that tournament, only that they destroyed everyone along the way.

From my research, and if my Czech knowledge ..ahem.. google translate ..ahem.. is good, the Czech junior starting goalie for the last inline championship was Libor Kasik, a goalie who played 45 games for Zlin this year and was right behind Roman Will in SV%

http://www.inlinehokej.cz/article.aspx?ID=769

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?leagueid=Czech%20U20&season=2010#goaltending

Now if that makes any sense..

Is it entirely possible that this article got confused the fact that Daniel Pribyl, a Habs draft pick this past year, was on the team? They could have just said 'uh, the goalie was the Habs guy, yeah!' and really it was Pribyl.

Is it entirely possible that this article got confused the fact that Daniel Pribyl, a Habs draft pick this past year, was on the team? They could have just said 'uh, the goalie was the Habs guy, yeah!' and really it was Pribyl.

Considering how random and out of nowhere this is from, I'm sure it's a possibility.

Considering how random and out of nowhere this is from, I'm sure it's a possibility.

I just received confirmation from the quoted player that the player he was referring to was indeed Daniel Pribyl, the forward drafted by the Canadiens, and not the goalie.

Dont have Access to the site. Komisarek? back to MTL?

As what you quoted was from August 2006, I suspect not so much. More than likely that was a rumour of the Habs trading him. Welcome to the boards by the way.

Since I'm rumor-starved, I've resorted to periodically checking up on Eklund. Take it as a grain a salt, but he says Montreal is one of a few teams interested in Bogosian. If we ever did bring him on board, that would be huge - he's one of my favourite young defenders. I wonder what it would take to get him out of Winnipeg?

Since I'm rumor-starved, I've resorted to periodically checking up on Eklund. Take it as a grain a salt, but he says Montreal is one of a few teams interested in Bogosian. If we ever did bring him on board, that would be huge - he's one of my favourite young defenders. I wonder what it would take to get him out of Winnipeg?

Subban

While I do love Bogosian, don't think his value is as high as Subban. Subban is (slightly) younger but has a much higher point per game ratio. Other than size, there isn't much Bogosian has on Subban.

EDIT: Okay Subban is actually a year older but has less than half of the NHL games of Bogosian and almost has more career points.

Apparently, the Habs made a serious pitch for ex-Leaf Fredrik Sjostrom but he instead opted to go to Farjestad (who, according to a poorly edited QMI piece, also plays in the NHL).

Winger Fredrik Sjostrom, who came to the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Dion Phaneuf/Keith Aulie deal with the Calgary Flames, will be playing back in Sweden this year with Farjestads. According to the newspaper Aftonbladet, the Montreal Canadiens were the only other NHL team to make a serious pitch for the unrestricted free agent.

http://www.lfpress.c...2/18502606.html

While I do love Bogosian, don't think his value is as high as Subban. Subban is (slightly) younger but has a much higher point per game ratio. Other than size, there isn't much Bogosian has on Subban.

EDIT: Okay Subban is actually a year older but has less than half of the NHL games of Bogosian and almost has more career points.

It wouldn't require Subban... Beaulieu is a more realistic starting point.

It wouldn't require Subban... Beaulieu is a more realistic starting point.

Why would Winnipeg want a guy just drafted, who is 2-3 years away in exchange for the #3 pick (behind Stamkos and Doughty), from the 2008 draft. Bogasian is a stud defenseman who was rushed in and mishandled by Atlanta. I see him turning things around in a big way with the change in management. In the few Atlanta games I've seen, Bogasian looked very good.

If I was the GM in Atlanta, there is no way in hell I'd move him and the only guy from Montreal I'd consider moving him for is Subban or possibly MaxPac+.

Why would Winnipeg want a guy just drafted, who is 2-3 years away in exchange for the #3 pick (behind Stamkos and Doughty), from the 2008 draft. Bogasian is a stud defenseman who was rushed in and mishandled by Atlanta. I see him turning things around in a big way with the change in management. In the few Atlanta games I've seen, Bogasian looked very good.

If I was the GM in Atlanta, there is no way in hell I'd move him and the only guy from Montreal I'd consider moving him for is Subban or possibly MaxPac+.

And if I were Montreal's gm i'd never consider it

And if I were Montreal's gm i'd never consider it

Either would I - I think Subban is going to be a Norris contender and better then Chelios was. I also think maxpac may finally become the power forward we have lacked since giving away Leclair.