Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

In retrospect perhaps not because Teubert has not fully lived to expectation but many have said the same for Tinordi who by many accounts has been a disappointment with London and who barely made the WJC team for the US squad.

They are basically the same type of player with Tinordi being a better skater but Teubert was select ahead of Tinordi number wise.

Statistically:

Both were captains for their specific clubs.

In Teuberts 3rd year he put up 7 goals and 16 assist where as Tinordi in that same year development wise put up 1 goal and 13 assists. In the final year of junior Teubert did put up 12 goals and 25 assists where Tinordi has only 6 points a quarter of the way through the season.

Very similar paths. Only it looks now like we know the career path of teubert and Tiniordi is yet to be determined.

My thought [process as well. Ryan is a great player and is a consistent 30 goal scorer but what will he be in the defensive system we implement and realistically will he produce that more more tan Kostitsyn let alo0ne throwing in a pick and a prospect.

If we were a dominant team with Stanley Cup projections then I would......just not now.

I am not sure I would give up on Tinordi, we need big and mobile defensemen on the blue line and I believe he along with Beaulieu could become the cornerstones for our future defense.. I would however allow Leblanc to go not because he may not become a great player but we seem to have a number of offensive players built in the same mode. Weber, AK, and any player on the team except Price, Pax, and Plec I would offer in a trade. Maybe not enough but may start the discussion.

For the record I'm not giving up on Tinordi.

I have high hopes for him.

But you have to give value to get value... and our defence is the biggest position of strength amongest the prospects.

So I'm willing to move him for a young guy in Ryan, that I believe can be the solution for the Skilled Centre with Size issue that we've had for 20 years.

LA gave up a 1st + a prospect who may have been picked in the first round but has really struggled since being drafted in Teubert.

I think Leblanc and Tinordi both have more value than Teubert as they aren't looking like a potential bust in the way he is. He really wasn't performing at all at the AHL level when traded. Meanwhile Leblanc and Tinordi appear to be progressing well.

Teubert was considered by LA to be the 6th or 7th best Defence prospect they had in their system and as such was extremely expendable. I think Leblanc and Tinordi have a lot more value than he does.

And that doesn't even get into the AK and Weber that were added.

---------------------------

I agree Montreal can't give up prospect forwards for nothing, but when you are getting a 24 year old stud forward in Bobby Ryan, i'm fine with dealing the prospect. We aren't talking about a 30 year old guy here.

There's no way Anaheim moves Ryan for a 1st and 2nd from us + AK46 (due to be a UFA) and Weber.

They are going to be looking for a lot more then what Penner moved for. Comparing Ryan to Penner is like comparing Kessel to Jason Blake.

BTW, how many years did Ryan sign for last year? How soon will he become a UFA in?

There's no way Anaheim moves Ryan for a 1st and 2nd from us + AK46 (due to be a UFA) and Weber.

They are going to be looking for a lot more then what Penner moved for. Comparing Ryan to Penner is like comparing Kessel to Jason Blake.

BTW, how many years did Ryan sign for last year? How soon will he become a UFA in?

Its essentially 2 firsts (1st in 2012 + one of Tinordi/Leblanc) and 2 seconds (AK46 is worth at least a 2nd at deadline) and WEber is worth a second as well.

This is more value than the Bruins got for Kessel (at the time of the deal... noone knew the picks would be top 2 and top 10 on the day of the deal). Thats my point.

Its essentially 2 firsts (1st in 2012 + one of Tinordi/Leblanc) and 2 seconds (AK46 is worth at least a 2nd at deadline) and WEber is worth a second as well.

This is more value than the Bruins got for Kessel (at the time of the deal... noone knew the picks would be top 2 and top 10 on the day of the deal). Thats my point.

THere is a difference - Kessel pretty much put a gun to the Bruins head. Anaheim has time to make a move IF they want to move him - we are after all talking about pecklund.

I still think we may have a better shot at Malkin who is getting $8.7M and i'd take him over Ryan over a heart beat.

Signed through 2014-15 with a cap hit of $5.1 mil, UFA after that.

I like Ryan, but even if we could make a move, I can't see Ryan wanting to stay in Montreal long-term - no inside knowledge or anything - just a gut feel.

I don't see why Malkin is available during the season. Pens are gunning for another cup.

If the Pens are ever forced to move Malkin for Cap reasons; I see a 0% chance he's traded to an eastern conference team.

I don't know, if we have a playoff performer like Cammy, some defensive depth by offering a Campoli or Weber and packaged with some good prospects and maybe the Rocket Moen. that should help their cup run, they might be willing to bite.

If I remember Gauthier's track record, he generally eschews blockbuster moves, preferring an incremental approach. I don't expect the Habs to be big players.

Generally yes.... but we do know he tried to sign Richards in the summer.... I think they have realized what many of us have... they need one more centre.

Personally instead of Ryan I would try something different and pony up for Perry. Ryan is a great gifted player but at one point we are point to have to get some top line players with balls.

On that note maybe Anaheim is not exactly looking to rebuild. Perhaps they just want a change. Perhaps Gauthier can offer a package which allows us to part with Cammalleri and a pick or mid-level prospect or something along those lines that to land Ryan. I would be more inclined to make that sort of move then to part with 1st rounders and top level prospects.

Hypothetically. Bobby Ryan and Francois Beauchemin (Combined $8.9 million) in exchange for Mike Cammalleri, Chris Campoli, Yannick Weber and a 2nd round pick (Combined $8.6 million).

Personally instead of Ryan I would try something different and pony up for Perry. Ryan is a great gifted player but at one point we are point to have to get some top line players with balls.

On that note maybe Anaheim is not exactly looking to rebuild. Perhaps they just want a change. Perhaps Gauthier can offer a package which allows us to part with Cammalleri and a pick or mid-level prospect or something along those lines that to land Ryan. I would be more inclined to make that sort of move then to part with 1st rounders and top level prospects.

Hypothetically. Bobby Ryan and Francois Beauchemin (Combined $8.9 million) in exchange for Mike Cammalleri, Chris Campoli, Yannick Weber and a 2nd round pick (Combined $8.6 million).

Make it so PG....although I think it would look more like Cammy + AK46 +Weber and a pick, they desparately need secondary scoring over there, AK would give them some umpf on the second line with koivu and selanne

If Ryan is available, I think it might be the Ducks trying to shed salary short term, not take the same salary back.

They are spending $60 million this year, which has to be a lot for an underachieving team in the Southern US, that is averaging under 15,000 people per game right now.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

It doesn't matter, the Leafs are going to get him for Kulemin and Grabovski.

Sigh, this is unfortunately the most realistic outcome. Burke has been raping Anaheim since he left there. But until then, we can all hope that PG can swing some sort of deal that will improve our team now and not hurt us later. I'm not sure how much center Bobby Ryan has played or if he is the answer, but someone of his ilk would be awesome to solidify the second line center position.

Im sure Leblanc has nothing to do with a trade. If a team wanted to see him they'd go to the AHL because everyone knows Leblanc is nowhere near ready to be a permanent NHLer.

Montreal is apparently in alot of discussing re: Ryan, re: Iginla, etc....but Leblanc was called up because he is the best forward in Hamilton right now because they have been completely depleted with injuries.

Im sure Leblanc has nothing to do with a trade. If a team wanted to see him they'd go to the AHL because everyone knows Leblanc is nowhere near ready to be a permanent NHLer.

Montreal is apparently in alot of discussing re: Ryan, re: Iginla, etc....but Leblanc was called up because he is the best forward in Hamilton right now because they have been completely depleted with injuries.

i know... just playing around