Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Okay so what would you offer for

Perry

Getzlaf

Ryan

Fowler ( who in my opinion would be a great target but would cost a fortuneP

Are you asking what we'd offer for 1 of those guys or all of those guys?

If Montreal could work out a deal then I would really like to see them target Getzlaf. He is 26 years old and currently makes $5.325 with one year remaining before becoming a UFA.

A trade would therefore be made on the assumption that this year is a right off so we are building for next year and onwards.

I therefore propose the following:

Getzlaf and Devante Smith-Pelley in exchange for something like Tomas Plekanec, PK Subban and Danny Kristo

My thought process here is that Getzlaf is one of the best centers in the league who'd provide leadership, instant toughness and a much needed piece to the puzzle. SMith-Pelley would be a nice 3rd line addition who again would provide some grit and some scoring touch much along the lines of Wayne Simmonds.

We would be giving up on Kristo who I think will bail for a US market anyway, Plekanec who although I like alot is nowhere near the player Getzlaf is and SUbban who will be an elite D-man which we have a few almost blue chip prospects on the near horizon already in the pipeline.

Furthermore this would provide a little cap flexibility with Subban looking or a pay hike and Smith-Pelley still on an entry level contract

No way I'd make this deal door a guy who will be a UFA in a year. This year is a right off, no way I'd move Subban AND pleks for someone locked up for only next year.

Are you asking what we'd offer for 1 of those guys or all of those guys?

If Montreal could work out a deal then I would really like to see them target Getzlaf. He is 26 years old and currently makes $5.325 with one year remaining before becoming a UFA.

A trade would therefore be made on the assumption that this year is a right off so we are building for next year and onwards.

I therefore propose the following:

Getzlaf and Devante Smith-Pelley in exchange for something like Tomas Plekanec, PK Subban and Danny Kristo

My thought process here is that Getzlaf is one of the best centers in the league who'd provide leadership, instant toughness and a much needed piece to the puzzle. SMith-Pelley would be a nice 3rd line addition who again would provide some grit and some scoring touch much along the lines of Wayne Simmonds.

We would be giving up on Kristo who I think will bail for a US market anyway, Plekanec who although I like alot is nowhere near the player Getzlaf is and SUbban who will be an elite D-man which we have a few almost blue chip prospects on the near horizon already in the pipeline.

Furthermore this would provide a little cap flexibility with Subban looking or a pay hike and Smith-Pelley still on an entry level contract

Yeah, but I don't see trading Subban myself.

I'm a mite nervous about the discourse that seems to be emerging around Subban. The RDS guys were slagging him last night for his bad attitude, for taking excessively long shifts, etc. - basically for being a punk. Meanwhile, he has had the predictable sophomore slum so trading him suddenly seems conceivable. I'm getting a faint whiff of the 'Dion Phaneuf' syndrome, where there's a possibility that young stud defenceman eventually gets moved because the team/city/fans are fed up with his maturation process instead of cooly riding it out. PK has a realistic chance to become our Shea Weber; he is close to untouchable to my mind, especially for a guy who could become UFA in a year.

Admittedly Getzlaf would be a ferocious return. But deal Subban for him and then you have a hole on the blueline just as big as the hole currently at C. And geez, throwing in Pleks and Kristo? Then you just create a NEW hole at C AND lose a decent prospect to boot.

I agree that we should be looking at Anaheim. But be careful what you wish for. Cammalleri should clearly be the centrepiece of any big trade we're looking to make.

• Upvote 1

I think there is overreaction to the comments of Murray here.

Basically all he said was that he would listen to any offer, for any player that doesn't have a NTC. Not that he's actively shopping them.

Every GM listens to these offers.

If Gretzky can be traded, no player is truly "untradeable"....

If a GM makes a bad decision and overpays for a guy, you still make the deal.

cammy + DD and our 1st for getzlaf and devante-smith

I think it will cost more.

Only thing that scares me about giving up a 1st this year is the Kessel trade which gave Boston the cup.

If they did do this they have to ensure the Ducks do not get a lottery pick under no circumstances.

I think it will cost more.

Only thing that scares me about giving up a 1st this year is the Kessel trade which gave Boston the cup.

If they did do this they have to ensure the Ducks do not get a lottery pick under no circumstances.

Murray is so in Burke's pocket, I expect something to go down there,unless someone offers the moon.

what do you guys think will be better a lottery pick or Getzlaf and some cap space? (not a derogatory question, i really want to know)

I personally think that this is one of the only real opportunities we are going to have to get a big young center that is still cheap (and not locked into a 10 year deal

a-la Vinny)

I know that a Lottery pick sounds cool but Getzlaf isnt exactly old yet....we have to make a commitment to the youth we already have...ship out some vets (and a lottery pick) for another vet, get some cap space, commit to Subban, Price, Eller, Patches.

Murray is so in Burke's pocket, I expect something to go down there,unless someone offers the moon.

Oh yeah, if anyone is getting Getzlaf, it's going to be Burke. And it'll be something stupid like, Grabovski, Franson and a first.

what do you guys think will be better a lottery pick or Getzlaf and some cap space?

GETZLAF!!! This team isn't as far away as the common perception will have you believe. There is plenty of youth coming and also plenty already in the lineup playing important roles. To have a surefire #1 center would really do wonders. The absolute best way to go about it would be to dump Gomez's salary somewhere, and allocate that money to sign a UFA who actually is worth it (exactly what the Rangers did when they were able to sign Gaborik). But since that probably won't be an option, we have to go the trade route. And even then, it comes down to getting rid of Gomez. I'm not opposed to trading Cammy, but he is an important piece moving forward.

I'd move anyone except Subban or Price, and probably MaxPac, to get Getzlaf. If he were locked up long-term, or if talk with his agent confirmed the likelihood of locking him up, then I'd be OK with moving MaxPac.

I would trade ONE first-round pick plus other assers if, again, Getzlaf were locked up. The Kessel trade involved two first-rounders plus a 2nd-rounder (!) and that was pretty suspect. Note, though, that Kessel has become as good a player as you can reasonably expect to get with a first-round pick, so that deal turned out to be far better than it initially looked for TO. It helps that the Prunes dealt away one of the first-rounders for a player that everybody knows is a worthless piece of human garbage who will destroy our franchise for years to come, i.e., Kaberle.

But would I do the same trade for Kessel - two first-rounders + a second? Probably not.

I don't quite get the 'cap space' argument. If you move good assets to get Getzlaf, you presumably intend to lock him up long-term. That's gonna cost a huge sum, Gomez-ish numbers at least. Getzlaf represents a cap 'deal' (and he still costs $5.3 mil) for one year only.

They aren't that close to being contenders with all due respect. they are bottom 5 offensively, middle of the pack defensively, mostly due to Price. Their PP is last. The Pk is very good. They aren't very physical, they don't stick up for eachother, they aren't very physical. Those are all things good team have.

they do have a good core of young players who continue to get better. They have several really good not top end talent coming up.

The vets and high proced players have all been underachivers. So saying Gomez is bad is fine and accurate this year and parta of last year. he was very good in the playoffs and his first year.

Cammy is fantastic in the playoffs, injuries and not being able to find consistant linemates hurts him during the year. Gionta has been decent. Pleks has been awfull.

The D is basically all bottom pair guys with the exception of Gorges, on a good team he is a number 4 guy.

Thye don't need to keep Gionta and Cammy, pick one, Cammy wil be easier to move. Ak46 doesn't need to be resigned. I'm sure they can find a 35 point guy for less than 3.5 mill.

Gill, Campolli, Weber can all go as well. I love Moen but he will fetch alot at the deadline, so sign him ASAP or move him.

I don't see them as close to be a contender this year or next unless the roster changes.

The orginization really has no direction, they have a coach who is out, a GM on the ropes and no clear direction as to what kind of team they want to move forward with.

The one thing that is constant, good teams roll 4 lines, they have a shut down line, gritty players, they play physical and stand up for each other. The habs are lacking in those departments.

I'd be talking to Calgary. AFter last night's loss rumors exploded around Calgary. Could be an easy ditch for Gomez/Cammy/Gionta could get Bouwmeester/Jokinen or Morrison/Hannan for cheap. If Calgary is going to rebuild their gonna need money to fill cap next year. If they want draft picks I wouldn't give up a 1st unless it's Bouwmeester, Iginla is too old to give up a 1st.

P.S. Eklund reporting we're in the mix for Rick Nash, interesting.

I'd be talking to Calgary. AFter last night's loss rumors exploded around Calgary. Could be an easy ditch for Gomez/Cammy/Gionta could get Bouwmeester/Jokinen or Morrison/Hannan for cheap. If Calgary is going to rebuild their gonna need money to fill cap next year. If they want draft picks I wouldn't give up a 1st unless it's Bouwmeester, Iginla is too old to give up a 1st.

P.S. Eklund reporting we're in the mix for Rick Nash, interesting.

Nash...great player, horrible cap hit. $8 mil!!

Nash...great player, horrible cap hit. $8 mil!!

In all honesty we're in no position to talk about players and thier cap hits. We have Kaberle, who is impressing me, Cammy, Gomez and Gionta. At least with Nash we know what we're getting. Too bad it's probably gonna cost something like AK46, probably our best offensive player this year. Wouldn't it be nice to see AK46/Eller/Nash and Patches/Plek/Cole? After the 4G performance, Eller should be getting more ice time in offernsive situations. I've said all year he has the best stick-work of anyone on the team.

The situation some team are in this year can give us an oppertunity to move Eller up a line and get a Brendan Morrison for 3rd line until White gets back. Very impressed with Nokelainen, he should be staying on 4th even after White returns.

AK46/Eller/Nash

Patches/Plek/Cole

Moen/White/Comeau

Darche/Nokelainen/Stempniak

Markov/Boumeester

Gorges/Subban

Emelin/Kaberle

This would give us Cammy, Gomez, Gionta, Gill, Campoli, and Weber to deal along with a 1st which will probably go in the Nash deal. Could probably improve more if the deals are tweaked seeing as we have 6 players to give up and by my lines only 3 coming in. The most impressive out of this is our offense is setup for the grind it out and get to the net, which compliments a shot on each defensive pair. Also frees up about 4M in cap space.

Not sure what you see wrong with Boumeester, 1g, 13a, 14p, -14, on a team far worse than us. Subban is our only defenseman better with 3g, 13a, 16p, -1.

For shits and giggles I did mock trades on NHL's sim engine NHL 12 (LOL!). Ditched Cammy, Gionta, Campoli, Gill and DD and a 2nd rd pick. Got Nash, Boumeester, Comeau and Moss. Had to give the most for Boumeestwer suprisingly.

I say no thanks to Nash or Bouwmeester. If a big splash is to be made, it must be for a center. My wishlist includes Getzlaf, Staal, Carter, Parise and maybe taking a chance on Stastny (if Gomez can disappear somehow). Plekanec needs to be the second line center on this team, with Eller being the third line center, like Jordan Staal is.

I say no thanks to Nash or Bouwmeester. If a big splash is to be made, it must be for a center. My wishlist includes Getzlaf, Staal, Carter, Parise and maybe taking a chance on Stastny (if Gomez can disappear somehow). Plekanec needs to be the second line center on this team, with Eller being the third line center, like Jordan Staal is.

So Habs need Crosby ;)

So Habs need Crosby ;)

I'd take 87 any day, even if he was so concussed that he couldn't tie his own skates.

I'd also be on board to move Plekanec as part of a deal to get an elite center. There needs to be an definitive upgrade at that position no matter what happens.

I'd take 87 any day, even if he was so concussed that he couldn't tie his own skates.

I'd also be on board to move Plekanec as part of a deal to get an elite center. There needs to be an definitive upgrade at that position no matter what happens.

now that it appears Eller and DD are able to fill that 2nd center position between the two of them, I think moving pleks would be a smart move.