Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Good point, I think of the teams you mentioned those teams have far better talent and they can spread the ice time out much more generously then the habs. They basically use 8-9 guys all the time.

This means we need a centre to compliment Pleks and more depth, not that we should make the problem greater by getting rid of him.

I am actually ok with Pacs, DD Cole the habs 2nd line next year.

I don't think Pleks will have any sort of chemistry with Bourque and Gionta. Pleks has a hard time finding chemistry with alot of wingers.

No chemistry with Gionta. No doubt about that.

I'll wait and see on Bourque... but I'd like to see better than Blunden beside them, before I know for sure what to think on the combo.

Now put Grigerenko between them, i like that alot better.

I like Grigorenko with Patches and Cole, he's a Joe Thornton type, give him two goal scorers to set up... and that line would be a physically imposing presence.

I think DD eventually becomes a third line winger with Eller at C and a goal scorer on RW.

If we got Derek Roy I'd be convinced that Gauthier is trying to collect every NHLer with a French sounding name that cannot speak French.

Next stop: Dion Phaneuf! :P

Lol. Patrick Marleau?

As I see it, here is this year's problem in a nutshell

1) We have 1 top 6 centre, and 3 guys who at this point in their career are third liners (DD, Eller, Gomez)

2) We have 2 top 4 defencemen, and 6 guys who are better set as third pairing/7th D at this point in their careers. (gill, Kaberle, Emelin, Diaz, Weber, Campoli)

Thats what it all boils down to.

If we got Derek Roy I'd be convinced that Gauthier is trying to collect every NHLer with a French sounding name that cannot speak French.

Next stop: Dion Phaneuf! :P

Jordan Toustous

Le Croz

Blake Comeau

Sam gagner

I have read two blogs in the last day or two, one written by Kamal Panesar and the other by Louis Moustakas and they are discussing the fact that they believe P.K. Subban is being shopped around. They wrote that TSN 990's Tony Marinaro stated that Subban was indeed being shopped around.

Does anyone know if this true, are these good sources or is this just an Eklund type rumour?? I'm not saying it's true, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's true?

I have read two blogs in the last day or two, one written by Kamal Panesar and the other by Louis Moustakas and they are discussing the fact that they believe P.K. Subban is being shopped around. They wrote that TSN 990's Tony Marinaro stated that Subban was indeed being shopped around.

Does anyone know if this true, are these good sources or is this just an Eklund type rumour?? I'm not saying it's true, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's true?

marinaro did mention that Subban's name has been circulating. He has also been on many rumours sites. I think what is not known is whether Gauthier is shopping here or whether teams are inquiring about him.

I can tell you that I have personally read one site which claimed a trade was on the table for Gomez and subban in return for a #1 center. That center was beleived to be Getzlaf.

if you are other teams can you blame them. I'd be inquiring as well and if the right deal presented itself Gauthier should consider parting ways.....assuming the right deal.

In french, on Cyberpresse, by M-A Godin (a good journalist)

http://www.cyberpres...31_accueil_POS4

Kostitsyn "I would accept less money to stay in Montreal."

:halm:

I'm surprised he would want to stay, given the crap he puts up with. I don't think it matters though, I don't see PG wanting him. He'll probably give him away for a bag of pucks :angry2:

I like that by AK

I wonder what he thinks his market value is though.

If he really wants to stay I would sign him for 4-5 years.

That's what i was hoping they would have signed him for last summer.

Good that Kosty said that. Gauthier would be a total moron not to try to lock him up, but there's a world of difference between the statement that "I'll take less money" and actually doing it. The sad fact, though, is that I no longer trust Gauthier to do the responsible thing, so my expectations of him seizing the opportunity and locking up a useful player at a moderate rate are low.

Good that Kosty said that. Gauthier would be a total moron not to try to lock him up, but there's a world of difference between the statement that "I'll take less money" and actually doing it. The sad fact, though, is that I no longer trust Gauthier to do the responsible thing, so my expectations of him seizing the opportunity and locking up a useful player at a moderate rate are low.

Is there still any doubt???

I like Roy but it depends on the cost. he has 2 years remaining at $4 million per season which is not bad. I have a suspicion that Plekanec is being shopped and we are near a deal sending him out. whether it's a one for one with Roy or whether Roy can potentially be a security blanket for Plekanec heading West?

Roy ? Just what we need,an undersized,overpaid injury prone player.Next joke.

I like that by AK.

I wonder what he thinks his market value is though.

If he really wants to stay I would sign him for 4-5 years.

He gets his first goal in 13 games,during the most desperate time of the year and you want him for 4-5 years. Doesn't take much to make some people happy.Maybe we should extend gomez because he had a couple of decent games. The same fans who are ecstatic about the yearly 8th place finish. AK is high up on the list of guys with a loser mentality.

He gets his first goal in 13 games,during the most desperate time of the year and you want him for 4-5 years. Doesn't take much to make some people happy.Maybe we should extend gomez because he had a couple of decent games. The same fans who are ecstatic about the yearly 8th place finish. AK is high up on the list of guys with a loser mentality.

AK has some value. He is not at all as valuable as Habs29 makes him out to be, but he is also not as worthless as you seem to think. Basically, the guy is a fine #6 forward in the NHL - almost a quintessential second-liner. He is absolutely not and never will be part of a leadership 'core' that drives a team (although he can drive a team's offence maybe 7 or 8 nights per season, just as he can be relied upon to disappear offensively for about 30 games per season). So, he's a secondary scorer with a good physical element who says he wants to stay here at a discount. Why wouldn't you want to lock him up?

AK has some value. He is not at all as valuable as Habs29 makes him out to be, but he is also not as worthless as you seem to think. Basically, the guy is a fine #6 forward in the NHL - almost a quintessential second-liner. He is absolutely not and never will be part of a leadership 'core' that drives a team (although he can drive a team's offence maybe 7 or 8 nights per season, just as he can be relied upon to disappear offensively for about 30 games per season). So, he's a secondary scorer with a good physical element who says he wants to stay here at a discount. Why wouldn't you want to lock him up?

Like I said,loser mentality,doesn't show up in big games or playoffs.Too inconsistent and after 5 years he is what he is.Plus with Bourque now aboard longterm that 2 similarily inconsistent but talented players.I don't want to give him away,but there's a reason his value isn't that high

Like I said,loser mentality,doesn't show up in big games or playoffs.Too inconsistent and after 5 years he is what he is.Plus with Bourque now aboard longterm that 2 similarily inconsistent but talented players.I don't want to give him away,but there's a reason his value isn't that high

Well, you're not gonna have a team of all Mark Messiers. Our problem is NOT Kostitsyn, it's that our actual leadership core - the guys paid to carry the team, Cammy, Pleks, Gionta, Markov - lost a season due to mental problems and injuries. Do I open the vault to sign Kostitsyn? No way. Do I make reasonable, affordable efforts to sign him as a secondary player? Sure.

The thing with Kostitsyn, as has been suggested already, is what is his perceived market value? Some have suggested it's Cole money. That's probably a bit high. If he feels his value is closer to 4 and is willing to take less (and how much is less? 500,000? 50,000? Big difference.), then it's worth at least investigating as I'm sure the Habs will before deciding whether or not to move him. Not talking to a player when you're contending for a playoff spot is one thing. But if you're selling, the conversation about the contract has to be had.

I could live with 2 mill which he won't take.

No reason to sign achronic underaciver. the team has too many of them.

Trade him for a 3nd and move on.

I actually think it's funny when people always say they have great chemistry Moen, Eller Ak46, Eller had 1 big game, AK46 went 12 without a goal, I can't remember the last time Moen scored.

Trade him for a 3nd and move on.

I actually think it's funny when people always say they have great chemistry Moen, Eller Ak46, Eller had 1 big game, AK46 went 12 without a goal, I can't remember the last time Moen scored.

Montreal will get much more than a third for Kostitsyn. He's a second line/third line 20+ goal scorer who can check and play both wings. He has quite a bit of value to a contender needing some extra punch. Montreal will get at least a second for him and for the right desperate team, a first.

I would never want to lock up Kostitsyn because from draft to today, he hasn't learned anything. He hasn't progressed. He is the same player. Makes the same mistakes. Has the same upside. Has the same downside. Why would anyone want that for longer? And as others have stated, Bourque is a similar player we have locked up. I'd rather move Bourque to the third line where AK is right now next season and try out some offensive minded players to take Cammalleri's spot and try to find some chemistry we don't know exists yet. Palushaj has looked terrible in the NHL so far but I'd like to see him in a top six role for a couple games when he's dominated the AHL again.

We cannot afford to keep the players who haven't gotten us anywhere.

Montreal will get much more than a third for Kostitsyn. He's a second line/third line 20+ goal scorer who can check and play both wings. He has quite a bit of value to a contender needing some extra punch. Montreal will get at least a second for him and for the right desperate team, a first.

I would never want to lock up Kostitsyn because from draft to today, he hasn't learned anything. He hasn't progressed. He is the same player. Makes the same mistakes. Has the same upside. Has the same downside. Why would anyone want that for longer? And as others have stated, Bourque is a similar player we have locked up. I'd rather move Bourque to the third line where AK is right now next season and try out some offensive minded players to take Cammalleri's spot and try to find some chemistry we don't know exists yet. Palushaj has looked terrible in the NHL so far but I'd like to see him in a top six role for a couple games when he's dominated the AHL again.

We cannot afford to keep the players who haven't gotten us anywhere.

2nd and a mid prospect is the most you get for AK.His inconsistency and lack of playoff success coupled with being a UFA is well known

Why is everybody hating on AK? I'd be playing like him too if my coach was treating me like Martin treated him. AK is a 20-30 goal scorer, 30 being on a great year, 20 being on an off year. You look at any team in the NHL and they have a player of AK's offense on the 1st-2nd line. Where did Martin pop AK? 3rd and 4th, then criticize his lack of production. AK will sign for a decent amount with Montreal. I'm guessing in the 3-4m range. He's worth it.

The bottom line is AK is putting up 20 goal seasons on the 3rd line. Only a handful of players can do that. The problem is everyone expecting first line production from a player getting 3rd line minutes. We, as habs fans, know what he's capable of doing, so instead of throwing him under the bus, why not point the firgers at the people cutting his ice time for Gionta and Gomez? Almost a year since Gomez scored his last goal and a shootout oppertunity, had 2 less minutes of ice-time than AK, who put up 2 friggin points.

This is what AK needs, a new start in montreal, sign him for next season, under a new coach and watch what he can do.

5 years at 3.75 mil is better than anything you can get on the open market. Get rid of Gomez, Moen, and in a season or two, Gionta, and keep stocking up the forwards from within the organization. Take that cap space, go get a stud D (with good knees), because a star UFA D signing works out more often than a star UFA signing, IMO.