Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Thats an RFA, not a UFA, and it wouldn't even apply to AK as he makes over 3 million so there is no increase necessary.

The 10% increase on your qualifying offer only applies to RFAs who made below 1 million.

Ahhhh...my bad...thanks for the correction. Still, I don't think he'll sign at the same money. I think he'll want more.

Ahhhh...my bad...thanks for the correction. Still, I don't think he'll sign at the same money. I think he'll want more.

absolutely he will. His career stats match up pretty close to what Erik Cole, Ville Leino, Brooks Laich, etc had going into last offseason.

Eklund, but from what's already happened so far this season and reports around the dealings and coaching changes, is it really all that far fetched?

Actually, yes...All were from out of left field..Did we see Pearn getting fired? no..Did we think JM was actually gonna get canned? I don't think so, and dealing Cammy during a game was certainly far fetched...

Eklund is a blowhard and shoots everything with no actual knowledge of anything..His posts actually spam a decent site were there are actually legitimate bloggers that do know what they are talking about..

....and when has the Habs EVER leaked info of that nature? Never..

• Upvote 1

I've read a couple of reports this morning that Gauthier has placed a call with LA.  He's watched the team play 3-4 times in the past week or so so something is up.

I have to say, unless its a piece that no one expects is actually available, like a Dustin Brown, I'm not a huge fan of players on the kings roster and how they would fit in Montreal. Too many UFAs. I don't want those, I want future help, like say toffoli, or someone in their minor league system. We can't make another move focused on this year only.

As far as what LA would want, I think they are after some offensive punch, and AKost might be a fit.

I have to say, unless its a piece that no one expects is actually available, like a Dustin Brown, I'm not a huge fan of players on the kings roster and how they would fit in Montreal. Too many UFAs. I don't want those, I want future help, like say toffoli, or someone in their minor league system. We can't make another move focused on this year only.

As far as what LA would want, I think they are after some offensive punch, and AKost might be a fit.

They need LWers and we have Moen, AK46, Darche available so it might be a fit.

I hope my thinking is wrong but I know Montreal has been extremely interested in Jack Johson for quite a few years. I wonder is Gauthier is thinking of a Subban for Johnson swap with more involved of course.

As for Penner. I would take him and I think it would be a good move. Forget about him in Montreal past this year because I think his contracts expires at seasons end and he'll simply walk away. Plus we have LTIR cap space to accomodate. So let's do the Kings a favor and let's give them a Kostitsyn and maybe Weber to help that PP and let's take Penner, as long as they sweeten the pot. Ak46 + Weber for Penner and a 1st type of deal.

If we are taking Penner as a salary dump and gaining future assets I don't mind. If he's the throw in to the trade, I'm fine with that, I'm just worried he'll be the key piece.

My fear as well.This trade Subban talk is scary as well unless we get one hell of a good piece in return.

My fear as well.This trade Subban talk is scary as well unless we get one hell of a good piece in return.

If we do trade PK,which i hope we don't,it has to be with a new management team in place. I don't trust any of these guys to do anything better than a lateral/sideways move,that keeps us mid-pack for another 5,10-20 years

Actually, yes...All were from out of left field..Did we see Pearn getting fired? no..Did we think JM was actually gonna get canned? I don't think so, and dealing Cammy during a game was certainly far fetched...

Eklund is a blowhard and shoots everything with no actual knowledge of anything..His posts actually spam a decent site were there are actually legitimate bloggers that do know what they are talking about..

....and when has the Habs EVER leaked info of that nature? Never..

Actually alot of people saw Martin getting canned and alot of people saw Cammalleri getting traded. The only thing nobody saw coming was Pearn fired adn the timing of the Cammalleri trade. So 2/3 of the things you didn't see coming most of us already did.

Actually alot of people saw Martin getting canned and alot of people saw Cammalleri getting traded.  The only thing nobody saw coming was Pearn fired adn the timing of the Cammalleri trade.  So 2/3 of the things you didn't see coming most of us already did.

Seeing Martin getting fired is one thing. But it means nothing unless you know the exact timing. There are 30 coaches in the NHL. I can see every single one of them eventually getting fired. Unless I know when, I'm not exactly an "insider".

So now Lebrun's been told Subban is available. This he's supposed to have reported on Le 5 a 7 on RDS. If that's the case, can the Molsons sell the team back to somebody with a clue?

So now Lebrun's been told Subban is available. This he's supposed to have reported on Le 5 a 7 on RDS. If that's the case, can the Molsons sell the team back to somebody with a clue?

I just hope this is a case of anyone is available for the right price, and they are asking for he moon for Subban, rather than hes being shopped.

Before this spirals out of control, Lebrun said:

Tweet 1:

Clarifying my mangled french from RDS hit: in talking to several teams today, NONE of them had heard Subban's name as being available(Con't)

Tweet 2:

but what I said on RDS was that one team suggested it might be a possibility.... But they had not talked to Montreal.

That is very clear. He's saying that no one told him that they know first-hand that Subban is available. So it's 100% speculation at this point.

My stance is that PG can't be dumb enough to think he can trade Subban to improve his reputation enough to keep his job.

My fear is we go after penner and stoll

If we are taking Penner as a salary dump and gaining future assets I don't mind. If he's the throw in to the trade, I'm fine with that, I'm just worried he'll be the key piece.

Florida has lost Dmitri Kulikov and Ed Jovanovski to long term injuries (6 weeks); they are clinging to the last playoff spot.

We should be phoning them and seeing what they would give for Weber, Gill or Campoli.

Yeah we should be trying to dump Campoli on them

Good god, I want to get rid of Kaberle, but there is no friggin way I'd replace him with hamrlik!!! At least we MIGHT get someone to take Kaberle of our hands without being screwed over with dead cap weight next year that can't be moved and is pretty much washed up. There is a REASON why we didn't want to give him a two year deal. The hamrlik Washington is seeing is the reason why we wouldn't comit to him.

Washington needs PP help. How about Kaberle for Hamrlik ? We save cap space,term and get a guy that can actually play 5 on 5 hockey