Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm gonna start the 'Kaberle to Ottawa' rumour right now. We'll see if Eklund has it as an E4 by sunrise.

I think you are better off with an Alfredsson to Montreal rumor.

I think the smart thing for the Sens would be just to say it and trade away vets like Alfie and Gonchar

I'm gonna start the 'Kaberle to Ottawa' rumour right now. We'll see if Eklund has it as an E4 by sunrise.

Damn, you beat me to it. Hope the Ottawa GM has delusions of playoff glory :pray: It would be sweet to off-load Kaberle for a draft pick

Karlson cut a tendon (achilles) last night. Kaberle or Weber to Ottawa isn't as far fetched.

I think they'll stay pat on D unless it's for a bonafide top-4 player. Wiercioch, Borowiecki, and Benoit have all played regular minutes at times for them, they'll just toss one of them back in (likely Borowiecki, I think he was sent down with Lundin coming back).

If Ottawa goes for anyone it'll be a young player with upside or a rental D. And they won't be trading in division.

I could see them being really dumb and picking up Ryan Whitney from Edmonton or playing close to home and trading for Joe Corvo in Carolina.

I don't wish that horrible injury on anyone, but I have to confess...part of me is happy to see another team going through what we had to go through with Markov. Petty of me, I know.

I don't wish that horrible injury on anyone, but I have to confess...part of me is happy to see another team going through what we had to go through with Markov. Petty of me, I know.

Karlsson wasn't wearing cut resistant socks. To blame him for it would be like blaming a girl wearing a short dress for a rape, but any player who sacrifices protection for comfort is playing a risky game.

Don't feel bad. I felt the same way, and I'm not ashamed to say so.

I read Cullen from TSN saying how much value O'reilly has...

he mentions some players from other team and some habs players that could interest

Colorado.

Montreal (Lars Eller, David Desharnais, Brendan Gallagher, Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi)
No for Eller, maybe Desharnais, No gallaguer, no Beaulieu, hell no Tinordi.

Only player Bergevin should offer would be Desharnais and Kristo. Why ? too small and Hudon is the same size.

??

But then the Avs would keep him no?

Exactly.

Colorado is trying to find a team who is willing to pay O'Reilly $5M per season while also give fair value for him back. That's going to be tough. That also won't be the Canadiens so we can quit playing to Habsterix COUGH I MEAN HOCKEYYINSIDERR's rumour.

Exactly.

Colorado is trying to find a team who is willing to pay O'Reilly $5M per season while also give fair value for him back. That's going to be tough. That also won't be the Canadiens so we can quit playing to Habsterix COUGH I MEAN HOCKEYYINSIDERR's rumour.

I have to admit that while I haven't seen O'reilly play much - i think i've only seen one game he was in, i just don't get how he thinks he is worth $5M after really only one productive season and NEVER having a history of producing like a first line centre.

I'd hate to roll the dice on a guy at that salary, without him having more of a track record behind him. If we look at our position at centre, we've got Pleks and Gally who will be in our top 2 for the next 3-4 years. We also have Eller and DD, who could be the #3 centre or a top 9 winger. Having said that I'd want a guy who can win more faceoffs - which apparently is a strenght of O'Reilly. But like i said i wouldn't want to roll the dice on him for the salary he is looking for, OR the assets we'd have to give up for him.

I have to admit that while I haven't seen O'reilly play much - i think i've only seen one game he was in, i just don't get how he thinks he is worth $5M after really only one productive season and NEVER having a history of producing like a first line centre.

I'd hate to roll the dice on a guy at that salary, without him having more of a track record behind him. If we look at our position at centre, we've got Pleks and Gally who will be in our top 2 for the next 3-4 years. We also have Eller and DD, who could be the #3 centre or a top 9 winger. Having said that I'd want a guy who can win more faceoffs - which apparently is a strenght of O'Reilly. But like i said i wouldn't want to roll the dice on him for the salary he is looking for, OR the assets we'd have to give up for him.

Yes I understand your hesitation to give up a lot for him or pay him right away but O'Reilly barring injury will become an excellent 1st line center.

He is so young and he has made himself better every year.

He really is in a similar situation to what PK was in.

One of the two will break or he will get traded and I don't believe anyone other than Philly wil give up with Colorado wants.

Yes I understand your hesitation to give up a lot for him or pay him right away but O'Reilly barring injury will become an excellent 1st line center.

He is so young and he has made himself better every year.

He really is in a similar situation to what PK was in.

One of the two will break or he will get traded and I don't believe anyone other than Philly wil give up with Colorado wants.

I think one of Philly's issues is that they have too much turn over every damn year. There is a fine line between bold and simply being impatient. Aren't they already loaded at centre?

I also think PK had a bit more of track record both being a big part of the World Canada Junior team, as well as having an immidiate impact when he was called up in the playoffs in the NHL. I can't see how O'Reilly would think he is worth more then PK. Isn't Duschane supposed to be better then O'Reilly. I know during Duschane's rookie year, some were saying the Avs got the better player then the Isles - which clearly is not the case. But like I said, don't know enough about the kids, coz, I don't folllow the Avs much.

I do think this may be more of an issue with the player simply not wanting to be in Colorado then simply an issue with his salary demands.

It's not a major rumour but apparently Robert Mayer could sign to play in the Swiss league next season although the management for HC Biel (the team he's reportedly going to sign with) isn't commenting on the report. This might actually be a good thing, the Habs could simply qualify him in case he actually got good out there.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?16499

I don't mind if Mayer and Delmas both leave and we bring in all new minor league goalies (assume Tokarski backs up Price).

Delmas still has another year on his deal. I'm hoping he gets a shot at a backup role in Hamilton next year although I'm also hoping a college goalie gets signed which could complicate that a bit (a college rookie/Delmas tandem ain't pretty...).

Delmas still has another year on his deal. I'm hoping he gets a shot at a backup role in Hamilton next year although I'm also hoping a college goalie gets signed which could complicate that a bit (a college rookie/Delmas tandem ain't pretty...).

Eric Hartzell from Quinnipiac?

Eric Hartzell from Quinnipiac?

I like him but I wonder if they may want someone younger (not a senior who will be 24 come training camp). If they're not worried about age though, he'd likely top the list; he'd certainly be a solid add. I suspect he'll get the most interest out of the goalies which means some notable bonuses may need to be tacked on too.

Another to ponder would be Frank Slubowski (sophomore with WMU where Mike Cichy plays). He's on the smaller side but provided the Habs still think Cichy is a guy worth signing, they've probably had a pretty good look at him. His size is a concern though.

I like him but I wonder if they may want someone younger (not a senior who will be 24 come training camp). If they're not worried about age though, he'd likely top the list; he'd certainly be a solid add. I suspect he'll get the most interest out of the goalies which means some notable bonuses may need to be tacked on too.

Another to ponder would be Frank Slubowski (sophomore with WMU where Mike Cichy plays). He's on the smaller side but provided the Habs still think Cichy is a guy worth signing, they've probably had a pretty good look at him. His size is a concern though.

I live in the town over from Quinnipiac and many of the team's coaches and ex-players come to my bar. They speak very highly of him and from the games i've seen him play in he's legit. He has carried this team pretty much on his back to #1 in the country; and you all know Quinnipiac is a relative new comer to NCAA hockey.

It's not a major rumour but apparently Robert Mayer could sign to play in the Swiss league next season although the management for HC Biel (the team he's reportedly going to sign with) isn't commenting on the report. This might actually be a good thing, the Habs could simply qualify him in case he actually got good out there.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?16499

HC Biel announced the deal today, it's a 2 year contract for Mayer starting next season. The Habs can still qualify him in July (the deadline is later than usual this year) and retain his rights as an RFA.