Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I never said to trade him. and i am not sure if he is top five what makes u top five? To me to be one of the best is to win big games and to win when to pressure is on lets see how we do this year since we are a playoff team.

Price has won at all levels. He his Mr. Composure himself. He'll won the Cup one day, so lets not trade him before he does so.

I think Prust will be back by Saturday.

I have a bad feeling Bourques season is done.

I'm starting to feel that way too. Even if Bourque does come back, will he play a rough and tumble game knowing he suffered what appears to be a serious concussion? I'd shut him down for the year. His health is the most important thing.

Perhaps same for Diaz?

A new one that is beginning to make the rounds (links to each tweet below):

Dreger on TSN radio: Briere to Montreal for a draft pick could happen if Briere is healthy & willing to waive his NTC. #Flyers #Canadiens

I want to be clear. Dreger said it could potentially happen, not it will.

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316298892213907456

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316298995968397312

Briere presently is out with a concussion and there were rumblings earlier of a deal with St. Louis that he reportedly vetoed. He has two more years at $6.5 million per (cap hit); I really don't see there being a good fit here. I honestly think he's a compliance buyout candidate for the Flyers.

Here's something that could be interesting regarding Briere. He makes just $5 million salary wise over the next two seasons meaning that a buyout cost would be somewhat cheap relative to his cap hit. If you were to think of him as a pure rental (and that he'd be the second compliance buyout in the summer), does it make more sense? The only thing is, that would force them to keep Kaberle next season (or use a regular buyout on him)...unless he was to be part of the deal for some reason.

Who cares. The guy is battling a concussion. We already have lost two guys with a concussion. That alone is a reason to stay clear of him.given that he still has 2 years left at $7m, no way do I want to take a declining asset of philly's hands. We don't need another Gomez situation, when we need to unload Kaberle.

Briere is a playoff beast, averaging 1 PPG in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind having him. Would look great on Pleks - Gionta's line.

Who cares. The guy is battling a concussion. We already have lost two guys with a concussion. That alone is a reason to stay clear of him.given that he still has 2 years left at $7m, no way do I want to take a declining asset of philly's hands. We don't need another Gomez situation, when we need to unload Kaberle.

Guess someone forgot everyone raving in the streets when we made that deep playoff run because Gomez was playing good. I also think your not looking at Briere's numbers. 2 of the last 3 times he's been in the playoffs he's scored over a point per game. Unlike Gomez, there's nothing in his stats sheet that points to a decline in production. He had one big year, and ever since then he's been averaging over 50 pts per season, unlike gomez who's stats dropped each and every year.

Guess someone forgot everyone raving in the streets when we made that deep playoff run because Gomez was playing good. I also think your not looking at Briere's numbers. 2 of the last 3 times he's been in the playoffs he's scored over a point per game. Unlike Gomez, there's nothing in his stats sheet that points to a decline in production. He had one big year, and ever since then he's been averaging over 50 pts per season, unlike gomez who's stats dropped each and every year.

Who on the Flyers didn't put up a point per game last season ? The Flyers-Pens series alone made it happen... ;)

Who on the Flyers didn't put up a point per game last season ? The Flyers-Pens series alone made it happen... ;)

If he didn't put up those points in the first series, then it was entirely possible they wouldn't of made it to the second round. I guess that somehow doesn't count?

If he didn't put up those points in the first series, then it was entirely possible they wouldn't of made it to the second round. I guess that somehow doesn't count?

The time to pick up Brière was something like 6 years ago.

Can we get over a 35 years old guy who already had several concussions ?

Can we build on something better than that ?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419113

Per Dreger regarding Giordano:

Then, it kind of spirals from there. Mike Cammalleri has a limited no-trade clause and is good friends with Iginla. If Iginla moves does that mean Cammalleri wants out? Mark Giordano's name is suddenly potentially in play, Jay Bouwmeester and on and on it goes.

I don't see MB making any more deals unless it's for a veteran D (like Sopel a few years ago) to replace Tinordi to play with Bouillon.

It doesn't seem Diaz or Bourque are coming back any time soon.

I believe MB has a plan to get younger, bigger, tougher and more skill through the draft.

This years team is just gravy for that plan, they worked hard for a playoff spot, let them prove everyone wrong. MB will be able to figure out from this years playoffs who he can rely on and who he can't.

I don't see MB making any more deals unless it's for a veteran D (like Sopel a few years ago) to replace Tinordi to play with Bouillon.

It doesn't seem Diaz or Bourque are coming back any time soon.

I believe MB has a plan to get younger, bigger, tougher and more skill through the draft.

This years team is just gravy for that plan, they worked hard for a playoff spot, let them prove everyone wrong. MB will be able to figure out from this years playoffs who he can rely on and who he can't.

+1,000.

I see us standing pat or maybe making a minor complimentary trade. This team could win it all. I'm not saying we're contenders, but moreso we could win it all if the stars align as they did for the Canes in 2006. A "chance cup" still is possible. Mortgaging the future to win it all now would jeopardize our future. Right now we are good enough to have a serious try!

To sell the future for a chance now is irresponsible. To do nothing when a chance is presented to you is irresponsible. Nobody wants us to jeopardize the future for a chance at the cup now. At the same time to not make moves to give us a better chance is just as bad. What if we make it to the 3rd round and lose because we didn't secure depth or go out on a lack of scoring/ Simple moves that could up our chance from little to slim could mean a lot. We're one of the top 6 teams in the league this year and we're going to be ok with going out in the first round?

Pittsburgh is going all-in because in 3 years they won't be contenders, as early as next year, with Malkin/Crosby/Letang contract coming up. I suspect at least one of those will not be on that team in 3 years, due to the roughly 25m just those 3 will command. With Fleury in the mix your looking at around 30m of the 60m cap being used on those 4 players.

EDIT: Just wanted to add by MB not doing much of anything this year it'll be a case of "Casey at bat." We should be taking this chance nearly as seriously as one in a couple of years.

DD is a good small player but Briere is one of the greatest playoff players of our generation.

He also turned down more money from us to play in Philly and has already once turned down waiving his no movement clause from the Flyers because he wanted to keep raising his family in Pennsylvania. With two years left on his deal, I think Dreger was just throwing things at the wall.

DD is a good small player but Briere is one of the

greatest playoff players of our generation.

No offense but Briere can go F himself.

I always got the impression that he wanted noting to do with our team. To the point where I think there was hatred from his end.

Oh, and Requesting to be called "Danny" just rubs me the wrong way.