Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'd say extremely doubtful.

These are not trade showcases but pro showcases. The Canadiens want to see how close they are to the NHL. Summer of 2014, Montreal has several UFAs on defence: Markov, Kaberle (if not bought out this summer), Emelin, Bouillon, Diaz and Subban on RFA. If Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu are ready by then the team won't have to sign anyone and might hold leverage on guys like Diaz and Markov to ensure they take a more acceptable contract to stay in Montreal.

Bergevin likes to develop internally. We can already tell that. He's going to likely keep Nathan and Jarred until it's clear they have no spot on the team. Pacioretty took less money for more years because he loves the city. You won't see guys like that go.

It's more likely for a big trade by Bergevin to be done during the summer, not during the season. And you won't see 19 and 20 year old rookies involved.

Who said that ? Don't remember any comment from Max and/or his agent about this.

Who said that ? Don't remember any comment from Max and/or his agent about this.

Nobody outright says they are taking less money unless you're Tom Brady. You'll get in serious with the NHLPA if you do that. However, he rushed to negotiation, took a six year contract, said he did it due to the support from the city and the money he took could make him quite underpaid for a top six 30+ goal scorer.

Could be bogus but it is being rumored that Clowe has been asked to waive his NTC... trade possible on Sunday. Boston, Montreal, and Chicago most likely destinations.

(Read it on a Hockeybuzz thread... not sure where the link was from..)

Could be bogus but it is being rumored that Clowe has been asked to waive his NTC... trade possible on Sunday. Boston, Montreal, and Chicago most likely destinations.

(Read it on a Hockeybuzz thread... not sure where the link was from..)

It's also on Sportsnet, but with the reporting asking price a first round pick and prospect, I am not sure I would be happy with the deal, but I have been skeptical about a number of MB's moves- Therrien, Cube, Ryder-- so I think that if he makes this trade that he probably knows something we don't.

Unfortunately, we Habs fans have gotten used to our GM's making deals so obviously flawed that a reasonably intelligent stick boy would hesitate.. which has led some of us to think that we know more than the GM--which in many lamentable cases we did :-(

Thankfully, that now longer seems to be the case.

Clowe doesnt have a single goal this season... We already have Moen, a sniper by comparison this year.

I would not give us a top pick for him. He is on yhe down sideof his career and I question his fitness this year.

any word on what's happening about Kristo?

He'll be signed sooner than later, according to reports. He'll likely go to Hamilton to finish the season there, then join the Habs as a reserve for the playoffs.

our defence core is pretty solid if diaz comes back. However if we can't put the puck in the net what difference does it make if we keep em out we still lose. Our prospect pool of defenceman looks good, I don't see too many scorers cause they are all here. :habslogo:

Diaz coming back is a big IF when he's not even skating.

Also even if he comes back that only gives us 6 D who our coaching staff trusts. Expecting to go through the playoffs with no injuries on D is a pipe dream.

Upfront Bourque is skating again, and is a lot closer than Diaz to coming back. That gives up 10 forwards who can play in our top 9 successfully (If Bourque is healthy he goes with Eller-Chucky and Prust to the fourth IMO.) Plus depth in Halpern, Moen, Armstrong, White.

I'm more comfortable with our forwards, much more comfortable with them, than our D.

We need a defenceman for our zone *and* for the PP2.

If the team has no confidence in Kaberle (I'd use him as a 7th D-man just for the PP2) then they need to find someone who can ensure Gorges or Cube stay off of the PP. Emelin is not good enough either. When Diaz comes back, this defenceman becomes the 7th.

Its clear watching them play that Kaberle is a better defenceman than any of the callups we've had up. RIGHT NOW, Kaberle is better. However at some point the decision was made, Kaberle is being bought out this summer, and Bergevin has effectively given him the Gomez treatment at this point. They are scared of him getting hurt and not being able to buy him out. Unless catastrophy hits (ie an injury to Markov or Subban) I think we've seen Kaberle's last game as a Hab.

Its clear watching them play that Kaberle is a better defenceman than any of the callups we've had up. RIGHT NOW, Kaberle is better. However at some point the decision was made, Kaberle is being bought out this summer, and Bergevin has effectively given him the Gomez treatment at this point. They are scared of him getting hurt and not being able to buy him out. Unless catastrophy hits (ie an injury to Markov or Subban) I think we've seen Kaberle's last game as a Hab.

I disagree if the Habs go deep into the playoffs as you said pipe dream to accomplish this with healthy D than I believe Kaberle gets back in.

Diaz coming back is a big IF when he's not even skating.

Also even if he comes back that only gives us 6 D who our coaching staff trusts. Expecting to go through the playoffs with no injuries on D is a pipe dream.

Upfront Bourque is skating again, and is a lot closer than Diaz to coming back. That gives up 10 forwards who can play in our top 9 successfully (If Bourque is healthy he goes with Eller-Chucky and Prust to the fourth IMO.) Plus depth in Halpern, Moen, Armstrong, White.

I'm more comfortable with our forwards, much more comfortable with them, than our D.

you make good points as always commandant.

I like the idea of Regehr.

Would he be the first South American to play for the Habs ?

Looking at his career, only 1 season did his team won a playoff series in 13 years. It was with the Flames the season they went to teh SCF

I like the idea of Regehr.

I figure he'll get more than Leopold, especially if it's to a division rival. So we'd be talking a 2nd rounder plus a conditional pick (4th or 5th) to match. I think it'll take a 2nd and a 3rd (or prospect equivalents) to get him. That's a bit rich for my liking.

I figure he'll get more than Leopold, especially if it's to a division rival. So we'd be talking a 2nd rounder plus a conditional pick (4th or 5th) to match. I think it'll take a 2nd and a 3rd (or prospect equivalents) to get him. That's a bit rich for my liking.

I was close on the value here...still too rich for my liking though I like the fit in LA (how much did Darryl Sutter have a say in this move?).

I was close on the value here...still too rich for my liking though I like the fit in LA (how much did Darryl Sutter have a say in this move?).

if i was a gm i wouldn't do anything sutter says. let him coach and that is it.

IMO the kings gave up way too much for a UFA, especially when you compare it to what the blues gave up. IF the blues don't make the playoffs (and extend Bouwmeester's playoff-less streak), they keep their first this year and the first pick gets deferred to net year in exchange for a 4th this year.

if i was a gm i wouldn't do anything sutter says. let him coach and that is it.

IMO the kings gave up way too much for a UFA, especially when you compare it to what the blues gave up. IF the blues don't make the playoffs (and extend Bouwmeester's playoff-less streak), they keep their first this year and the first pick gets deferred to net year in exchange for a 4th this year.

Very happy that MTL didn't trade for either of these players. JB mostly because of the cap hit and Regher simply because, as you say, the price was too high. If I am BUF fan, I would be happy.... If I were a CAL fan, I would be burning effigies of Feaster. Not all his fault, by a long shot, but he hasn't been able to maximize the return on assets...why wouldn't he wait till the deadline to drive up the price on Bouwmeester?