Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Stephane Laporte (newspaper guy in Quebec I think?)

Rumeur. Échange Montréal-Philadelphie. Coburn, Simmonds et Talbot pour Plekanec, Beaulieu et Moen.

Thoughts? I don't like the thought of losing Beaulieu

Rumeur. Échange Montréal-Philadelphie. Coburn, Simmonds et Talbot pour Plekanec, Beaulieu et Moen.

Me neither, but that's a solid return if true!

If true I think that would be a fantastic return. Simmonds is a real talent and bring some serious size and physicality. Coburn is a big upgrade on the blue line and we get out from under Moen's overpaid contract. I'd be doing cartwheels if this happens.

The problem with this rumour is the numbers don't add up. The Flyers take on 2.0 in cap space. Do they have that room to add cap space? I don't think so but I am not a capologist. If I am MB I jump all over this deal.

The problem with this rumour is the numbers don't add up. The Flyers take on 2.0 in cap space. Do they have that room to add cap space? I don't think so but I am not a capologist. If I am MB I jump all over this deal.

They don't have the space but it's the Habs who'd add the salary:

Coburn (4.5), Simmonds (3.975), Talbot (1.75) = 10.225

Plekanec (5), Moen (1.85), Beaulieu (AHL-bound but if not, up to 1.275) = 8.125 (6.85 without Beaulieu)

If you consider that the Habs wouldn't have Beaulieu up, they'd be adding $3.375 M in cap which would pretty much max them out of any other signing/trade without shedding salary.

They don't have the space but it's the Habs who'd add the salary:

Coburn (4.5), Simmonds (3.975), Talbot (1.75) = 10.225

Plekanec (5), Moen (1.85), Beaulieu (AHL-bound but if not, up to 1.275) = 8.125 (6.85 without Beaulieu)

If you consider that the Habs wouldn't have Beaulieu up, they'd be adding $3.375 M in cap which would pretty much max them out of any other signing/trade without shedding salary.

ah shoot you are absolutely right. I must be dislexic

Then we should make this deal.

Simmonds is very fun to watch. Plays with such a high energy that lifts others around him and is only 24.

Coburn, 28 is the shut-down d-man we need who can log lots of minutes and take pressure off Marky and Subban.

Talbot, 29 can play all 3 forward positions and is someone to take Plexs' spot on the PK.

I'd say make the trade MB, and don't look back.

Simmonds is very fun to watch. Plays with such a high energy that lifts others around him and is only 24.

Coburn, 28 is the shut-down d-man we need who can log lots of minutes and take pressure off Marky and Subban.

Talbot, 29 can play all 3 forward positions and is someone to take Plexs' spot on the PK.

I'd say make the trade MB, and don't look back.

Sounds like an Eklund story. Bergevin isn't about to look like a fool making an insulting offer like that.And Holmgren should be put away if he even gave that a second thought

Those are the trades the Flyers seem to make every year, and it clears up "redundancies" on their roster. Something's brewing. No way Bergevin goes into the year with 5 centers and a top nine full of smurfs after adding Parros and taking a big galoot with the first pick of the draft. Maybe part of Briere's reclamation is that he plays better at C, when the Flyers saw his numbers drop at wing.

this would make the day a win instead of a loss.....Simmonds is exactly what we need.

I just took a look at those contracts and they are all very reasonable and long term.....this would be a good deal even if we had to throw in a Pick to make it happen.

Defense would look like this...

Coburn Subban

Markov Emelin

Gorges Diaz/Tinordi

Coburn reminds me alot of Hamerlik....in a good way

also according to cap geek Philly is over the cap right now by 1 million

I don't like the thought of losing Pleks even more; like others have stated, he's the glue on F. But that trade would help us out now, and in the long run.

i hate that trade. Pleks is the best player in the deal and the second best is likely going to be Beaulieu.

I would love to have those guys but not at that cost. No way.

I don't like the thought of losing Pleks even more; like others have stated, he's the glue on F. But that trade would help us out now, and in the long run.

Me neither. You have the potential here of trading away your best player and possibly your best prospect. However the something coming back addresses our needs pretty well. Having "too many centers" is a non issue for me--- it's like having too many pitchers. I go ahead and make this trade.

i hate that trade. Pleks is the best player in the deal and the second best is likely going to be Beaulieu.

I would love to have those guys but not at that cost. No way.

you have to give up something...who else would we offer to make a deal like this happen?

Yeah, agreed. If it doesn't hurt a little, it is probably a deal of no significance.

if Coburn could be had for DD straight up then I'd do it but thats just not going to happen.

also according to cap geek Philly is over the cap right now by 1 million

They are, but they're not at the same time (weird, I know). Pronger will be on LTIR and a couple of players on entry level deals have a lot of bonuses (they can use the bonus cushion for those) - back that out and they're alright. They're not in good shape by any means (it's looking like another year of being exactly at the cap) but they're not in a spot where they have to dump players. That said, I think they will try and slash salary a bit but on a smaller scale than this alleged rumour.

I like the deal. Top-4 defenceman, 2 bottom-6 forwards, Simmonds could even break in the top-6 as well. Makes the Briere and Parros moves make sense. Grindy/mix-it-up 4th line, Briere centering top line. Prust - White - Parros is going to be a horrible line to play against. I still think Desharnais should be moved.

Here we go again,

Yahoo is reporting that Jagr and his agent are talking with Montreal again. Jagr says he always wanted to play for the habs and loves the city.

At least he is big. lol

Here we go again,

Yahoo is reporting that Jagr and his agent are talking with Montreal again. Jagr says he always wanted to play for the habs and loves the city.

At least he is big. lol

playing for the Habs must be on his bucket list.