Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

This is a good set of defense pairings if you want to allow the most goals of any team in hockey.

(1) You can't put Markov and Subban together. Markov is decent defensively, but he's not good enough to cover the risks that we need Subban to take to be effective. Furthermore, we want Markov chipping in, not hanging back and staying at home.

(2) You can't be training green D-men on two different pairings. Both Tinordi and Beaulieu are liabilities on the ice at the moment. You have to play them so they learn, but you can't dress both at once. It means we simply don't have a reliable defensive line pairing.

I agree, my pairings aren't ideal but I know that there is some advantage in splitting up Markov/Emelin since they both play the same side. Either way, I'm not opposed to Subban playing with Tinordi - I just don't know if he can handle those minutes. Bottom line, something is up with defence and now I'm thinking MB is going to make a move...

He'll probably sign Bouillon. Lol!

Those trades were his negotiating rights. He's being bought out now because if his front loaded contract would result in massive cap recapture penalties for the sabres. I believe his contract started at $10m/yr

If Ehrhoff is so good, then why was he traded for a fourth and then a conditional 7th? Seems to me his stock is plummeting and the Sabres don't even want to pay him $4m. And while he got points on the worst team in a while, did he do that because he was incompetent defensively?

Talks with Francis Bouillon will continue today...

Marc Bergevin devra aussi en arriver à une décision dans le cas de Francis Bouillon. Le défenseur d'expérience pourrait lui aussi devenir joueur autonome sans compensation à compter de mardi, et les deux parties, après avoir brièvement discuté en fin de semaine à Philadelphie, en marge du repêchage, ont convenu de reprendre les pourparlers aujourd'hui. Bouillon a déjà fait savoir qu'il souhaite poursuivre sa carrière la saison prochaine, à Montréal ou ailleurs.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201406/30/01-4779915-canadien-des-jours-occupes-en-vue.php

Id be happy to pay Weaver more than 1M and play him in the top 6. Sheesh. Unless we're players in the UFA market, we look somewhat thin on the back line. I know everyone is dreaming about our kids, but I'm still not convinced. Love to be proven wrong, but.

I think Zoot Suit will make an offer for Dan Boyle. If that falls through, then maybe Weaver is the backup plan.

Dan Boyle's list is believed to be Detroit, Tampa, Toronto, New York and Montreal. Basically, the top East teams sans Boston. Toronto likely can't get him without moving a forward off the books. Montreal might have room, might not. Tampa just made room. Detroit loves veterans and needs him. The Rangers will be low on salary but would have a place for him replacing Stralman.

Le #CH travaille très fort pour échanger Daniel Brière. Il pourrait quitter Montréal dès aujourd'hui. Destination: Colorado! #Habs

— Francois Gagnon (@GagnonFrancois) June 30, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Traded for Parenteau apparently.

Traded for Parenteau apparently.

Maybe this is a sign to not work on moving my cap page over to 2014-15. I started this morning, then the Gorges thing broke. Since talks there are stalled, I started again. Now this happens...

Why, why, why?? Say it ain't so!!!

Still hints of Jets-Habs and Byfuglien discussion going around.

He would be the top 4 d-man many asking for.

Too expensive?? He would reshape d-core instantly with Gorges moving on.

Still hints of Jets-Habs and Byfuglien discussion going around.

He would be the top 4 d-man many asking for.

Too expensive?? He would reshape d-core instantly with Gorges moving on.

I"d rather have Buff play forward. Unfortunately he's made it pretty clear he wants to play D. Gorges for Byfuglien would be amazing. But the guy from the Jets I'd really be going after is Kane.

it puts Emelin back to the left side. Markov on the left side and probably Tinordi and Bealieu on the bottom pairing on the left side.

Moving Gorges is about balancing the teams defense out. Same with moving Briere for a RW PAP.

Engels is reporting that Gorges has expanded his list no trade list to include other canadian teams, but still not toronto. I hope Edmonton or Winnipeg are on the list!!!

Just cap space to make room for Gio? That's a rumour Mtl wants to move Gorges. If that's the case, I categorically disagree. Love Gio, but Gorges is more valuable, IMO.