Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

They both need to go.

Stubbs is saying it's too make too. For subban's contract.

Just cap space to make room for Gio? That's a rumour Mtl wants to move Gorges. If that's the case, I categorically disagree. Love Gio, but Gorges is more valuable, IMO.

I'm not sad fork the rest of them I am a habs fan. The only canadien team that needs to make the playoffs is my boys.

I agree that the Habs are the only team that matters but it would be nice to see all the Canadian teams make the playoffs in the same year.

I agree that the Habs are the only team that matters but it would be nice to see all the Canadian teams make the playoffs in the same year.

Well they have to agree to lose to Montreal then i am ok if they make the playoffs. :)

Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass if the other Canadian teams NEVER make the playoffs again.

As for Vrbata, he was another one of those W that I had my eye on in the UFA pool.

I love the aggressiveness Zoot Suit is showing. This guy wants to win and looks relentless in his search to make it happen.

Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass if the other Canadian teams NEVER make the playoffs again.

As for Vrbata, he was another one of those W that I had my eye on in the UFA pool.

I love the aggressiveness Zoot Suit is showing. This guy wants to win and looks relentless in his search to make it happen.

Speaking of the UFA pool, did you enter the HW UFA pool on the main site? :)

Speaking of the UFA pool, did you enter the HW UFA pool on the main site? :)

The hugeness of the pile of bullshit I just threw in this pool is just amazing.

From various Twitter reports this morning:

- No deal with Weaver, he'll go to UFA

- Habs still interested in Gionta but he'll likely test the waters

- Leafs still hopeful Gorges waives his NTC for them

- Habs interested in Malhotra for 4th line C

no it wouldn't. The Leafs could rot in Hell for the rest of eternity for all I care, and I'd be happy...the same applies to the pooh Bears! (Yes, I know Boston is an american city!) ;)

Malholtra is a big "MEH" from me. Koivu is a big "YES YES YES!!!" :thumbs_up: For sheer sentimental reasons. But he can probably win us some faceoffs too.

But why would we want Koivu? Our 4th line is already set (Prust , Weise and Moen)

Aren't we trying to get bigger up front? Briere is gone and so is Gio. Why would we want to mess that up by bringing back a 40 year old Koivu? Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Koivu, I just don't think he's what we need!

• Upvote 1

But why would we want Koivu? Our 4th line is already set (Prust , Weise and Moen)

Aren't we trying to get bigger up front? Briere is gone and so is Gio. Why would we want to mess that up by bringing back a 40 year old Koivu? Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Koivu, I just don't think he's what we need!

90% agree. I wouldn't mind having two guys who can play centre on the 4th line. i'd also move Moen. Frankly Koivu who is half his size is far more physical than Moen.

So, Eller to sign, take the third line C role and run with it. Plex packaged with Beaulieu or Tinordi and a pick for Kane? Spitballing, spitballing.

We've known for some time that Bergevin has been interested in an impact top line guy. I dunno if Kane is that, but he has all the skills to get there. His cap manipulation today has left a lot of room for consideration.

We've known for some time that Bergevin has been interested in an impact top line guy. I dunno if Kane is that, but he has all the skills to get there. His cap manipulation today has left a lot of room for consideration.

i'd rather trade for Kane than sign Iginla. I'd try and avoid moving Tinordi/Beaulieu though.