Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Not quite correct, one Toronto media personal agrees with you, which I wouldn't pat myself on the back about bud!

Maybe just the opposite and you might want to reread the qualifier he started off with. (that he really aint got a clue what Habs GM is up to)

Few do have an idea of who Bergevin is going after. GMs leak stuff to reporters/insiders but it seems like nobody can say who the Habs are willing to trade and nobody can say exactly who the Habs are going after (aside from the liars). If I had to put my own uneducated guess why, probably because Bergevin likes to ask a GM about every one of their players and never offers his own players unless he's willing to officially make a trade (like what happened with Gorges/Franson, which was leaked by Toronto).

And being tight lipped seems prudent, as does discussing options with as many GMs as possible to get a idea on value/cost/demand or I guess the market in general.

I didn't really disagree with Gainey/Gauthier being in background and total opposite of a Brian Burke.

However; could they have been a bit more open, upbeat, dipolomatic and not so stoic, might of helped with fans at least.

Not quite correct, one Toronto media personal agrees with you, which I wouldn't pat myself on the back about bud!

Maybe just the opposite and you might want to reread the qualifier he started off with. (that he really aint got a clue what Habs GM is up to)

MB agrees with me ! :nuts:

The whole cat-n-mouse game with gm's is intriguing to say the least. We often hear MB is kicking the tires of certain players ( ie Vermette, Yandle etc)...but, is he only doing so to get rival eastern gm's to bite on them? And then MB can move in on the deal that he's been working on all along (Eberle?)

The whole cat-n-mouse game with gm's is intriguing to say the least. We often hear MB is kicking the tires of certain players ( ie Vermette, Yandle etc)...but, is he only doing so to get rival eastern gm's to bite on them? And then MB can move in on the deal that he's been working on all along (Eberle?)

i like the sounds of that.

Guest Stogey24

Bob McKenzie was saying Eller could be trade piece. My fixation on Eller become a consistent scorer has passed. Need more scoring from bottom 6.

Bob McKenzie was saying Eller could be trade piece. My fixation on Eller become a consistent scorer has passed. Need more scoring from bottom 6.

You're not going to accomplish getting more scoring in the bottom six by trading Eller. Third liners aren't supposed to put up 40+ points. If they did that consistently, they wouldn't be on the third line. Eller will probably wind up in the 30's which is where most third line two-way guys should be.

Guest Stogey24

You're not going to accomplish getting more scoring in the bottom six by trading Eller. Third liners aren't supposed to put up 40+ points. If they did that consistently, they wouldn't be on the third line. Eller will probably wind up in the 30's which is where most third line two-way guys should be.

Eller is making top money for third line C. He should be getting 40 points consistently.

Eller is making top money for third line C. He should be getting 40 points consistently.

Yep, that's fair to say too. But if you're upgrading on Eller, it's likely to be a top six forward involved, not just another third liner with more offence because Eller is already one of the more offensively-talented third liners out there.

I'm alarmed that he's only had one brief hot streak this year. He doesn't look dangerous or really engaged.

I agree, Eller doesn't look dangerous offensively at all, like he's muddling through.

On the other side of it, he has been great at cycling and eating up minutes not spent in our zone, and defensively sound. Maybe in a more offensive role, he would produce more, I dunno... and agree with Dbalr, that he is as good a 3rd liner as we can expect...

Guest Stogey24

I'm alarmed that he's only had one brief hot streak this year. He doesn't look dangerous or really engaged.

Do you remember the lockout year, Eller's start to the season was unreal. He packed some serious size on in the off season and was driving the net with confidence. I really thought that was the start of something special and his Breakout season. Just didn't happen

Yep, that's fair to say too. But if you're upgrading on Eller, it's likely to be a top six forward involved, not just another third liner with more offence because Eller is already one of the more offensively-talented third liners out there.

Yeah, true. Man I wish he would just find his game. It changes everything if he starts putting numbers up.

Yeah, true. Man I wish he would just find his game. It changes everything if he starts putting numbers up.

Eller always seems to struggle in January (see the stat on the main site) but slowly improves towards the end of the year. If those trends repeat themselves, he will sort of find his game eventually. (Yeah, I know, that's not really reassuring...)

Eller was so important that he was an insurmountable injury that year. If he was injured this year the Hubs wouldn't miss a beat.

The real insurmountable injury vs Ottawa and the fat walrus, was Price, he was injured and didn't say a word till the last game, he couldn't go...

The real insurmountable injury vs Ottawa and the fat walrus, was Price, he was injured and didn't say a word till the last game, he couldn't go...

I really wish the NHL would have independent doctors to check injured players to okay them to go in. Allowing team doctors means players establish relationships and team doctors want to do what's best for the team (which is always to let the player play). I'd rather an independent doctor shut down a player than see him try to play through a game hurt.

I really wish the NHL would have independent doctors to check injured players to okay them to go in. Allowing team doctors means players establish relationships and team doctors want to do what's best for the team (which is always to let the player play). I'd rather an independent doctor shut down a player than see him try to play through a game hurt.

They do that in combat sports. That's really something that should be looked at. The players have to be honest with themselves. The league encourages this nonsense by listing players as having "upper/lower body injuries." If they had to list what the injury was, players would be less likely to play hurt.

They do that in combat sports. That's really something that should be looked at. The players have to be honest with themselves. The league encourages this nonsense by listing players as having "upper/lower body injuries." If they had to list what the injury was, players would be less likely to play hurt.

I'm fine with teams not revealing where a player is hurt. Opposing players are relentless. If Price was dealing with a headache for example, you just know that Chris Kreider would be "driving the net hard" on every play to bang him up more.

The problem is some players going on the ice at all. The glory days of Richard scoring a Cup winning goal on a broken leg is nice and all but I'd rather the athletes play until they are not good enough instead of play until they fall apart.

I'm fine with teams not revealing where a player is hurt. Opposing players are relentless. If Price was dealing with a headache for example, you just know that Chris Kreider would be "driving the net hard" on every play to bang him up more.

The problem is some players going on the ice at all. The glory days of Richard scoring a Cup winning goal on a broken leg is nice and all but I'd rather the athletes play until they are not good enough instead of play until they fall apart.

Imagine how different Joe Thornton's career would be if he admitted he broke his ribs before the playoffs of '03-'04?

Don't understand why it would be different. Koivu played the series with the same injury.

Imagine how different Joe Thornton's career would be if he admitted he broke his ribs before the playoffs of '03-'04?