Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know wrong thread, but I'd rather go hard after Myers. Emelin and a first

For one, Emelin wouldn't waive to go to Buffalo. Also, the asking price is much, much, much higher, assuming it's still what it was earlier in the year.

Guest Stogey24

For one, Emelin wouldn't waive to go to Buffalo. Also, the asking price is much, much, much higher, assuming it's still what it was earlier in the year.

Oh ya, forgot about his clause

Hard to imagine the Caps trading Green while getting geared up for the playoffs but stranger things have happened I guess.

That's why I suggested Emelin. It'd hurt their offensive production but Trotz would probably enjoy a banger like Emelin in his defence. Probably enjoy him more than Orpik...

He's a pending UFA and has fallen out of the top-4 in Washington. Given that and his cap hit (which is quite high, mid-6 I believe), they won't get the moon.

The full Hab-related blurb from Garrioch for those wondering:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/31/arizona-coyotes-are-open-for-business-but-opposing-gms-wont-find-many-bargains?token=f46bc3c9f11b1e1ad5f8815d4caabe1f

For those wondering about Vermette/O'Reilly, take a look at the reported asking prices in there. Yikes.

For O'Reilly-Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher and a first.

What a joke!

That's why I suggested Emelin. It'd hurt their offensive production but Trotz would probably enjoy a banger like Emelin in his defence. Probably enjoy him more than Orpik...

I get that Emelin is overpaid, but his value has to be measured as the intensity of games increases. He is the only defenceman we possess who can be a physical force - you only have to remember how much he aggravated the Boston Bruins last spring to understand what he can bring. His absence will leave a huge void in terms of D-zone toughness. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move him UNTIL Tinordi reaches the point that Beaulieu has reached, i.e., a roster regular who is taking substantial minutes.

I get that Emelin is overpaid, but his value has to be measured as the intensity of games increases. He is the only defenceman we possess who can be a physical force - you only have to remember how much he aggravated the Boston Bruins last spring to understand what he can bring. His absence will leave a huge void in terms of D-zone toughness. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move him UNTIL Tinordi reaches the point that Beaulieu has reached, i.e., a roster regular who is taking substantial minutes.

How much is he really overpaid? One million? That's not enough for a bad deal to try to get out of. He's a third pairing guy on a contender, number four on a playoff team.

How much is he really overpaid? One million? That's not enough for a bad deal to try to get out of. He's a third pairing guy on a contender, number four on a playoff team.

He's also a guy that shown to be valuable in the playoffs. I wouldn't move him unless it is for a a significant upgrade that will be a long-term solution for the top 4D or top 6 forwards.

Myers is really the only available Dman i'd consider moving him for and i know we disagree, but if Emelin didn't have a no-move clause, i'd try to use him in a deal for Yakapov.

We may need a #1RW, but should Sekac be given the opportunity in the next few weeks? It makes sense to do it..maybe we already have our guy, and then we can focus on other move(s)?

Sekac should not be our #1RW, nor should Gallagher or Weise be that player.

My ideal RW line would be something like :

1. Vanek caliber player

2. Gallagher

3. Sekac

4. Weise

Parenteau is the one we should try to move, IMO.

I agree with that, but until we pick up someone else we only one galleghar. If he isn't playing on the #1, you still need to have someone there. Weisse shoild not even be a consideration.

Sekac should not be our #1RW, nor should Gallagher or Weise be that player.

My ideal RW line would be something like :

1. Vanek caliber player

2. Gallagher

3. Sekac

4. Weise

Parenteau is the one we should try to move, IMO.

It may be a bit of a stretch and especially because he isn't doing much this year.

What about Ryder? he shoots a lot, decent size, on a 1 year deal and won't cost anything to get him.

I just don't see MB letting any real good young talent go. Which he will need to do to get a legit top 6 player or top5 dman.

Next year he only needs to sign Galchenyuk and should be pretty good against the cap.

It may be a bit of a stretch and especially because he isn't doing much this year.

What about Ryder? he shoots a lot, decent size, on a 1 year deal and won't cost anything to get him.

I just don't see MB letting any real good young talent go. Which he will need to do to get a legit top 6 player or top5 dman.

Next year he only needs to sign Galchenyuk and should be pretty good against the cap.

I like the idea of getting Ryder as I think it will be difficult for Bergevin to swoop in under the radar to grab the player teams are looking for i.e., Vermette for a second year in a row--without surrendering a lot. I also hate the idea of us sacrificing a ton of young potential for a rental.

Ryder should be cheap and generally does well in Montreal so he would be a safe option for veteran depth.

It would be great is PAP could recover his health and his scoring touch and/or be moved for a more productive player, but I don't see that happening at this point unless he gets back on the ice soon.

Is Emelin the new whipping boy here? Hahahaha

We finally have grit on the back end and people want to trade him for Mike Green? LOL And then after that would-be trade those same people would say we were too soft at the back.

Emelin isn't overpaid. And he's required. Unbelievable.

OK, don't remember that, so that theory is shot to hell.

Well he still is best hitter on team and liked the Tootoo hit, just touch late (and most would say ill-advised at the time)

OK, don't remember that, so that theory is shot to hell.

Well he still is best hitter on team and liked the Tootoo hit, just touch late (and most would say ill-advised at the time)

I think the brain trust that is the coaching staff of Le Genius are trying to get Emelin to play a different style of play than what we recruited. That takes time and a lot of errors to happen. They want him to be a more stay at home defenceman, who does not get caught out of position on a hit. It is why we seldom see PK throw big hits anymore. I am not saying this is a bad thing, I am just saying it takes time to adapt.

I really don't think Emelin has been that bad, I do believe he should be no higher than 5-6, or 3rd pairing, but I still like the fact he is back there when we play bigger teams. He is tough, and the best hitter we have, I'm in no hurry to move him...

Dreger's latest on the Habs...he suggests they've considered a D for D trade with a few teams so far and that they're seeking a top-six forward. And naturally, a response to the question about Montreal on a Montreal radio station can't be complete without some sort of mention about the Leafs before really talking about the Canadiens.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/9/dreger-a-lot-of-buzz-around-canadiens-trade-potential-lightning-could-deal-too