Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Interesting, I just was just told by a media person who is close and very knowledgeable about the Canadiens that they have no interest in Nail Yakupov at all.

I asked him if there was a possibility of Montreal acquiring Yakupov with maybe reuniting him with Galchenyuk to rediscover the magic from junior. He replied that they have no interest whatsoever. And that's from a very good source.

Interesting, I just was just told by a media person who is close and very knowledgeable about the Canadiens that they have no interest in Nail Yakupov at all.

I asked him if there was a possibility of Montreal acquiring Yakupov with maybe reuniting him with Galchenyuk to rediscover the magic from junior. He replied that they have no interest whatsoever. And that's from a very good source.

Dreger said the same with TSN 690.

I don't think Yakupov has the personality to be in Bergevin's radar screen.

One thing in particular about this era Habs, they have a kind of defiant air about them, almost straight from the Markov and Plekanec "attitude toward the opposition handbook", they have a certain defiant attitude and are super competitive, in the quietest, almost un-noticeable way, until you look at them in between whistles and shifts. Confident and competitive to a high degree, as well as very smart, high character traits. All business, all the time.

Yakupov isn't that brand... CHaracter meter is reading low on him.

Grit is what Bergevin knows is missing, Prust needs help, but so does the offense.

I only hope we don't lose grit in any deal involving Emelin, and Eller.

If it's Gilbert and Eller going, well, let's crack a beer!

not a member of the Eller bashing club but coyotes can get way more for yandle than lars ellar

Well, I meant Eller - plus something else... for Yandle. If the Yotes did Eller for Yandle straight up, I'd sing dance and be first in line to put in my resume to Yotes ownership for the now empty role of GM.

With his shot I would prefer to hold on to Thomas moreso than Bournival, but not real disappointed in Bournivl's play (just that he should be in Hamilton playing top 6 minutes for past while now).

According to RDS (link on main page), the Leafs have inquired about Thomas and Bournival. I don't think either of them would carry much value unless they want a player in lieu of a pick for one of their rental players.

Bournival for Franson.

Done.

In Subban's post-game presser, he's saying all sorts of very nice things about Kessel. Please no. Please don't let this mean he's been told to grease Kessel's wheel when the latter gets traded to Montreal. Nononononononononono

Subban: “I don’t think Phil (Kessel) gets enough credit for his personality. He’s a personable guy if he knows you.”

Subban: "If you put a microphone in (Kessel’s) face & ask him stupid questions, he’s not going to show that (personable) side of himself"

Subban: I don’t think (Kessel) gets enough credit for showing his personality. He’s an outgoing guy and he’s really funny."

Nononononononononononono

Patches-Desharnais-Kessel line looks good for me. Yep, Kessel is a sausage, but he's fast and skilled. I wouldn't trade Tinordi, Beaulieu, JDLR, Gallagher and Thomas. Throw 1st rounder, Emelin + someone and as a bonus we can add Gilbert.

Patches-Desharnais-Kessel line looks good for me. Yep, Kessel is a sausage, but he's fast and skilled. I wouldn't trade Tinordi, Beaulieu, JDLR, Gallagher and Thomas. Throw 1st rounder, Emelin + someone and as a bonus we can add Gilbert.

Yep!

I hope I never hear the words trade Gallagher again... or the others you mentioned, not for over paid scoring help anyway.

So, apparently this Kessel thing to Montreal is picking up steam based on his comments from last night. Stubbs, from the Gazette, is going to post a follow-up on that later today... (No clue if there's meat to those bones, but it's interesting that Subban's comments have greased the rumour wheel.)

Apparently Pleky and Sekac are having abit of problems in the locker room.

http://www.gohabsgo.com/en/2015/02/17/problem-between-two-european-players-in-habs-locke/

I don't know how accurate this is but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

25 Stanley is pretty much a dirt sheet. Pay no mind.