Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

So last night they insinuated that the Habs may have been looking at Polak and not necessarily Kessel. Interesting.

This morning I read that the Habs might be looking at Brayden Coburn - with a side dish of Wayne Simmonds. Also interesting.

So last night they insinuated that the Habs may have been looking at Polak and not necessarily Kessel. Interesting.

This morning I read that the Habs might be looking at Brayden Coburn - with a side dish of Wayne Simmonds. Also interesting.

There's also reports by Dreger that the Habs are looking at Tyler Bozak.

It's good to remember to take everyone, absolutely EVERYONE with a grain of salt at trade deadline time. There's so much BS coming from everyone, especially the teams. Toronto has used Dreger for years as a way to inflate the market by telling him guys are targets when they are not. You're gonna hear a lot of reports and 10% of them will actually come to fruition.

Bozak (and the big slug on defense) may be best Leafs to look to add , but you would kinda hate to help them rebuild at all.

Take Bozak's points and subtract by 20. He's a product of Kessel. Far more than people claim DD is a product of Pacioretty.

He's also 6'1" but doesn't play like it at all. Soft. Probably about as defensive as Eller is give or take.

• Upvote 1

Take Bozak's points and subtract by 20. He's a product of Kessel. Far more than people claim DD is a product of Pacioretty.

He's also 6'1" but doesn't play like it at all. Soft. Probably about as defensive as Eller is give or take.

That's exactly my assessment. No thanks!

Guest Stogey24

There's also reports by Dreger that the Habs are looking at Tyler Bozak.

It's good to remember to take everyone, absolutely EVERYONE with a grain of salt at trade deadline time. There's so much BS coming from everyone, especially the teams. Toronto has used Dreger for years as a way to inflate the market by telling him guys are targets when they are not. You're gonna hear a lot of reports and 10% of them will actually come to fruition.

Isn't Dave Nonis Dreger's brother in law?

Yesterday, Pierre LeBrun reported that the Habs are one of a handful of teams with some interest in Sean Bergenheim. The asking price is apparently a 3rd round pick and it's likely he'll be dealt sooner than later.

He drives possession so there's people who really like him. I think we have plenty of LWs and left handed shooters but he could bring an extra gear to the team. Maybe something like:

To Florida

Lars Eller

Christian Thomas

To Montreal

Sean Bergenheim

Jimmy Hayes

Bah I'm dreaming nevermind me.

Every time I heard that name - Hayes - last night, the only thing that went through my head was Willie Mays Hayes. Points if you can identify that reference.

REALLY, I also chuckle at exact same name reference when I have hear Hayes this year. :thumbs_up:

Rick Dudley watching Hawks-Aves game tonight? Who of these teams eyeing up?

I wonder if Jan Hejda could be on the radar. He's a left-shooting D but a physical, stay-at-home guy that I think would really help out as the games get more physical. He's a pending UFA at $3.25 M. I may be a tad biased here though as I really wanted the Habs to sign him in free agency a couple of years ago so this might be wishful thinking on my part.

Maxime Talbot may be another option. He'd help the fourth line and PK and has this year and next at $1.75 M on the cap.

Sharp would be great addition, but the cost would be real high no?

Also was reading an Engle's blog on Sportsnet, and Bickell is still being mentioned as possibility to Habs...

Between the Habs place in the standings, and the rookie D holding their own, I'd wait to make a deal Defensively. Our biggest issue may be our scoring right now. I trust MB and haven't been able to say that about a GM in decades. Trouble with having so many young guys on D though, is that PK and Markov may get burned out.

Between the Habs place in the standings, and the rookie D holding their own, I'd wait to make a deal Defensively. Our biggest issue may be our scoring right now. I trust MB and haven't been able to say that about a GM in decades. Trouble with having so many young guys on D though, is that PK and Markov may get burned out.

I still say we need a goal scorer, if we could get a few more goals in the first period it would help take the pressure off the back end and Carey. You can't pitch a shut out every night. Defence is acceptable right now but goal scoring has to increase.

Yes even with injuries on D, I am pulling for an upgrade up front to add some offense, but if a good solid defensive d-man is added I wont be too upset.

Which other games will Habs brass be scouting tonight?

Which other games will Habs brass be scouting tonight?

They had one at PHI/NSH this afternoon. That's all I know for today's games though I'm sure they're represented at a few others tonight.

They also had one at VAN/NJ yesterday, CBJ/PIT on Thursday, LA/COL on Wednesday, and PHI/CBJ on Tuesday that I know of...I don't think many of those had been mentioned before. Plus, one in Kelowna (vs Kamloops) on Wednesday, maybe they were looking at one of the NHL draftees on one of those teams (or someone for the upcoming draft potentially). That should be enough to speculate about. :)

They had one at PHI/NSH this afternoon. That's all I know for today's games though I'm sure they're represented at a few others tonight.

They also had one at VAN/NJ yesterday, CBJ/PIT on Thursday, LA/COL on Wednesday, and PHI/CBJ on Tuesday that I know of...I don't think many of those had been mentioned before. Plus, one in Kelowna (vs Kamloops) on Wednesday, maybe they were looking at one of the NHL draftees on one of those teams (or someone for the upcoming draft potentially). That should be enough to speculate about. :)

You son of a @#&!% ! :hyper:

Bruce Garrioch's latest, featuring an interesting tidbit that goes against what McKenzie/LeBrun have reported regarding acquiring players with term:

It's no coincidence Bergevin was spotted in Toronto because there's a belief the Habs are eyeing Leafs defenceman Roman Polak. The issue is the Habs are one of several teams interested in Polak and they are the Leafs arch-rival. Bergevin has told teams he only wants players who will be UFA's next season because the Habs are in a cash crunch and have to sign centre Alex Galchenyuk in the off-season ...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/21/talk-should-heat-up-this-week