Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Beaulieu contract renewal going to be more pricey if he keeps playing 20+minutes.

Hopefully Caps, being dumb enough to trade Forsberg, maybe would also trade Madison Bowey (Kelowna) or Wings maybe part with jumbo d-man Marc McNulty (Kamloops)?

Every time I heard that name - Hayes - last night, the only thing that went through my head was Willie Mays Hayes. Points if you can identify that reference.

I can't believe that no one responded with Major League (and 2 and three) which ranks in my top 4 sports movies all-time with Slapshot, the Longest Yard and the Waterboy.

I just heard that the Habs now have interest in Lupul. WHY? This has to be BS. In MB We trust

I can't believe that no one responded with Major League (and 2 and three) which ranks in my top 4 sports movies all-time with Slapshot, the Longest Yard and the Waterboy.

I just heard that the Habs now have interest in Lupul. WHY? This has to be BS. In MB We trust

It was too easy.

Any Given Sunday is my favorite. By far. 2nd is indeed Slapshot.

Wisniewski was mentioned in the proposal thread a couple of weeks ago. This is the first I've seen suggesting that the Habs would be interested in bringing him back:

Defenceman James Wisniewski, already a target of trade speculation, was a healthy scratch for Columbus against the New York Rangers on Sunday. Wisniewski leads Columbus blueliners in scoring and has a $5.5 million cap hit, with two more years. Montreal is one team that has been linked to the right-hand shooting defenceman.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/weekend-takeaways-jets-use-winnik/

Heard it hinted he may be too slow now?

And also that Bergevin wasn't real interested in any non-rentals with longer contracts like his?

He looked fine versus the Habs. Not too slow. Then again people call Markov too slow when he's still a successful top pairing defenceman. He's certainly not Chara slow.

The Habs have someone watching ARI/NJ tonight. Last night, there was a scout at TB/COL.

What was the reason Wisnewski was traded in the first place?

His negotiating rights were dealt a couple of days before free agency when it was determined that he wasn't going to re-sign. The Habs got a conditional pick and used it to select Charles Hudon.

NHL.com has posted their top-15 list of trade targets. The Habs are listed as 'potential suitors' for six of them. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=754576

MB has always surprised, which makes this always an exciting time of year for Habs fans. Even though we are in reach of a long run, I expect he will stay with " don't mortgage the future for the present" approach. I am looking for more of a meat for meat type of deal. That does not mean that we don't have prospects that could be moved to sweeten the pot.

I keep seeing reports that the Habs are interested in Lupul. Arragh! Too many injuries; too much money; way to long a term. Can't see MB making a blunder that big.

I keep seeing reports that the Habs are interested in Lupul. Arragh! Too many injuries; too much money; way to long a term. Can't see MB making a blunder that big.

Here's how I see it. I like Lupul quite a bit but I have a feeling he could just be a redux of Parenteau, who hasn't stepped up the way we hoped. Except Parenteau cost us next to nothing and Lupul would cost us more in a trade, plus he has more years. Having Parenteau and Lupul hurt at some point next year could be a major anchor to the Habs.

If we traded for him and gave back, say, Eller, we wouldn't be missing much. Both players rely on home games to score and are strong even strength scorers. The difference comes in cap hit ($3.5M vs. $5.2M) and role (Lupul is a top six, right handed shot who has proven he can score 20 goals. Eller is a third line center people think will do more based on a few hot streaks). Lupul is only three seasons removed from his 67 points in 66 games season. Lars Eller is two seasons removed from his 30 points in 42 games season. Big difference in player (Eller is of course younger).

So I wouldn't mind that swap, but only if we weren't then sitting with nearly $10M on the right wing injured at any time due to Parenteau and him both having wishy washy health.

WHAT THE CRAP???

You've been on here a long time - I think that's the most worked up you've ever been in a post...

And, on the who's scouting where trail, Bergevin is expected to be at CHI-FLA tonight. There's also a scout at VAN/BOS, CGY/NYR, DAL/WPG, and CAR/PHI.