Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm not so sure he's done. I have a pretty strong suspicion that he is sending a message to his fellow GM's that he is not desperate to make a trade so that he can make a better deal.

I would like to see him add a player like Daniel Winnik (for Christian Thomas?) so we don't have 2 rookies on the 4th line come playoff time.

Anyone see the Matheson article of the Habs having offered Mccarron for michalek? I hope this is BS!!!

Apparently the Habs have recently checked in on Florida and LA's farm teams.

Had enough of Floridas cast offs.

I'm not so sure he's done. I have a pretty strong suspicion that he is sending a message to his fellow GM's that he is not desperate to make a trade so that he can make a better deal.

I would like to see him add a player like Daniel Winnik (for Christian Thomas?) so we don't have 2 rookies on the 4th line come playoff time.

Pens get Winnik.

Anyone see the Matheson article of the Habs having offered Mccarron for michalek? I hope this is BS!!!

Remember all the rumours about Montreal and Anaheim trading? Or that Sekac was gonna be moved? Or that Montreal wanted Pelly?

No?

That's because nobody knows what Bergevin is gonna do aside from the fact he talks to all GMs and inquires on what they have.

Yes, not many tossed Sekac into any proposed deals, that was biggest surprise to me. About same as dealing away Gorges, who I thought was a lock as next Captain.

Remember all the rumours about Montreal and Anaheim trading? Or that Sekac was gonna be moved? Or that Montreal wanted Pelly?

No?

That's because nobody knows what Bergevin is gonna do aside from the fact he talks to all GMs and inquires on what they have.

Cant that be said for most GM'S .

Reports (laughable IMO) that Montreal offered a 1st rounder and McCarron for Michalek. I could see that more for Yandle, but not Michalek.

Matheson is such a hack.

First says Habs want Petry with Emelin for the second pairing despite Emelin being out and playing third pairing for the past month.

Then says "reportedly" the Michalek trade. Reported by who? Whom? REFERENCE YOUR REPORT YOU HACK.

This is why bloggers will one day set mainstream news on fire and dance in the ashes. Too many people with seniority in jobs they don't deserve. Bloggers won't do any better but at least they'll set Rome on fire.

The Habs have someone at tonight's LA-ANA game. This is the 3rd time in a row apparently that they've had someone following LA. I don't know if it's just very thorough advanced scouting or if they're watching someone in particular. They also have someone at DAL-COL.

Guest Stogey24

The Habs have someone at tonight's LA-ANA game. This is the 3rd time in a row apparently that they've had someone following LA. I don't know if it's just very thorough advanced scouting or if they're watching someone in particular. They also have someone at DAL-COL.

I could still see O'Reilly

I think I read somewhere that LA will potentially be tight to the cap and a guy like Tiffoli may be troublesome to resign. Now, I don't even know if he's RFA this coming year, but there you have it.

As much as I want the Canadians go deep in the finals this year, I still would prefer they continue developing our draft picks. Despite all the skepticism, and criticism of the coaching at both NHL and AHL levels: the kids have been alright... although not enough to make us a legitimate cup contender.

That being said, I am really hoping for a 20G/50p top 6 right winger with good playoffs performance to help us this year. Gally and Parenteau are an injury away from opening that hole on our top 6 and DSP has not shown yet he is that player.

Reports (laughable IMO) that Montreal offered a 1st rounder and McCarron for Michalek. I could see that more for Yandle, but not Michalek.

I really like Zbynek Michalek but the price seems pretty steep indeed.

Guest Stogey24

Montreal among the teams that has spoken to Edmonton on Petry. Whether or not that goes anywhere, not sure.— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) March 1, 2015

I guess Petry has been sitting because of an apparent trade looming

As much as I want the Canadians go deep in the finals this year, I still would prefer they continue developing our draft picks. Despite all the skepticism, and criticism of the coaching at both NHL and AHL levels: the kids have been alright... although not enough to make us a legitimate cup contender.

That being said, I am really hoping for a 20G/50p top 6 right winger with good playoffs performance to help us this year. Gally and Parenteau are an injury away from opening that hole on our top 6 and DSP has not shown yet he is that player.

Agree wit that. Go in this year as underdogs for cup even. Continue developing and take the league by storm in the very near future. Price can take them deep in his sleep they way he is playing.

This one may scare a few people - the Habs apparently are interested in Mike Richards. They've had a scout at five recent Manchester (LA's minor league team) games.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/02/kings-trade-scenarios-odds-on-several-deals/

(This is coming from an LA-specific person who has broken a few Kings' deals over the years...)

Montreal also had someone at DAL-COL, ARI-BOS and OTT-SJ (Dudley). They've been keeping close tabs on Dallas lately.

Guest Stogey24

This one may scare a few people - the Habs apparently are interested in Mike Richards. They've had a scout at five recent Manchester (LA's minor league team) games.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/02/kings-trade-scenarios-odds-on-several-deals/

(This is coming from an LA-specific person who has broken a few Kings' deals over the years...)

I mentioned Richards a long time ago and everyone jumped all over me. He's still a half decent player, its just his contract.