Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Categorize in the "Scary" rumours: Emelin, Bournival, pick for Thornton.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo...................______

Not a rumour: MB walked past a group of reporters with an omelette in hand. Take 15, the GM is at lunch.

Yet another great move by MB. He got great nutritional value and he didn't overpay. This also gives him flexibility for a move later in the afternoon to get a snack since his order wasn't too big.

• Upvote 2

That ostensible punking by Burke to the media with the Widemake fake out (he was given a phone during practice) may not be a punking. There are rumours of Phaneuf to Calgary.

Guest Stogey24

Joe has not been asked to waive his no trade clause.

He's living the dream in San Jose. No where was that even a legit rumour

Categorize in the "Scary" rumours: Emelin, Bournival, pick for Thornton.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo...................______

It's only scary if he scores 4 goals in a game.

• Upvote 2

Apparently no one is offering enough for Eberle so that's off the board. Or so says Twitter-verse. Gallagher was apparently required from Montreal in the package.

Apparently no one is offering enough for Eberle so that's off the board. Or so says Twitter-verse. Gallagher was apparently required from Montreal in the package.

that's why i prefer to go after yakapov, cost should be lower.

After 3 and a LOT of people saying we should hear more about Montreal. Rumour that it's Lupul.

god no!! that injured bum is signed for 2 or 3 more years!

It doesn't mean a whole lot now but it sounds like Eller's name was in play yesterday (Emelin's too at some point): http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/3/3/dreger-canadiens-eller-was-definitely-in-play-emelin-ducks-fowler-rumour

This was tweeted by Bob McKenzie around 2:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Three names I am curious to see if they move by 3 pm: Artem Anisimov (CBJ); Lars Eller (MTL); Patrik Berglund (STL). As I said, just curious

Made me hopeful.

This was tweeted by Bob McKenzie around 2:

Made me hopeful.

Did you see the list of players "in play" On Montreal alone Gonchar, Eller, Weaver, Gilbert, Bournival, Tinordi, Emelin, Pateryn, Thomas ........Have not heard today that one of those guys was even close to traded. "In play" is a new term invented for trade deadline marathon shows.

Did you see the list of players "in play" On Montreal alone Gonchar, Eller, Weaver, Gilbert, Bournival, Tinordi, Emelin, Pateryn, Thomas ........Have not heard today that one of those guys was even close to traded. "In play" is a new term invented for trade deadline marathon shows.

I got a kick out of how many names were being thrown out there by Sportsnet (where they had the 'In Play?' board). There were tons of names on there that no one in their right mind would have expected to see dealt. Some of those Habs had been linked in trade speculation but others were right out of left field.

I got a kick out of how many names were being thrown out there by Sportsnet (where they had the 'In Play?' board). There were tons of names on there that no one in their right mind would have expected to see dealt. Some of those Habs had been linked in trade speculation but others were right out of left field.

Yes it was comical seeing that, and other attempts to try build up their show. Highlites of past trade "announcements", then a diatribe on what the pannel thought of that particular trade "announcement". I turned TSN off permanently when they had the guitar playing singer "good thing Kane showed up to the locker room in his track suit and not his birthday suit oooooo ya" It was like a high school production., and a bad one at that.

• 2 months later...

The Jiri Sekac of the offseason has already signed (Artemi Panarin to Chicago) but there are still some international names out there. Normally I'd list them in the World Championships thread but since there are no Habs or prospects there, we don't have one this year. So, I'll post the list here instead. Here are ten international players that will garner attention from NHL teams this offseason:

F Joonas Kemppainen, Karpat, SM-liiga (Signed with BOS)

D Dean Kukan, Lulea, SHL

F Andreas Martinsen, Duesseldorf, DEL (Signed with COL)

D Jakub Nakladal, Turku, SM-liiga (Signed with CGY)

F Matthias Plachta, Mannheim, DEL

F Sergei Plotnikov, Lokomotiv, KHL

F Derek Ryan, Orebro, SHL

F Dominik Simon, Plzen, Czech Extraliga

F Viktor Tikhonov, St. Petersburg, KHL

D Nikita Zaitsev, CSKA Moscow, KHL

I don't know a whole lot about too many of these players unfortunately. Kemppainen has been impressive at the Worlds but he's 27 already and I don't see too much offensive upside in him. He'd be a nice bottom six option at the right price though. Martinsen is a tough guy that displayed a bit of a scoring touch this year. Tikhonov was a 1st rounder of Phoenix a long time ago but I can't see him landing a big pay day like he's reportedly seeking - I don't see him being more than a third liner in the NHL. Zaitsev is someone Philly has been after for a couple of years now and really improved offensively this year. If there's an out clause in his KHL contract, there should be a few suitors for him.

Guest Stogey24

Iam not a fan of this guy and I think he's been mentioned on here before, but it sounds a lot like Carolina is going to buyout Semin. If he's put in the right atmosphere, he's a dangerous winger.

Iam not a fan of this guy and I think he's been mentioned on here before, but it sounds a lot like Carolina is going to buyout Semin. If he's put in the right atmosphere, he's a dangerous winger.

I don't believe the right atmosphere is on the Habs. We like our players to back check and to give a crap

I don't know 19 points in 57 games does not bode well, he was good once, but has he caught Gomez disease? He get 7 mill a year to be a non factor. He certainly has the ability but no motivation. If Carolina buys him out I see the KHL in his future.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know 19 points in 57 games does not bode well, he was good once, but has he caught Gomez disease? He get 7 mill a year to be a non factor. He certainly has the ability but no motivation. If Carolina buys him out I see the KHL in his future.

Two years ago he was a point per game player.

I'm not saying this guy is going to answer our prayers, but he'll come cheap if he's bought out and he can still score.

I'm not against it.

Max-DD-Semin

Sign me up.

Unfortunately, Therrien would put him on a line with Plekanec for the first 30 games. This guy's a better player than PA Parenteau that's for sure.

I'm not against it.

Max-DD-Semin

Sign me up.

Unfortunately, Therrien would put him on a line with Plekanec for the first 30 games. This guy's a better player than PA Parenteau that's for sure.

well definitely the 3rd line, then the dog house cause he can't check. :)