Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Apparently Bergevin is making another push for Drouin... Who knows how much truth is behind that.

Probably a lot of truth if Dudley is scouting him. The issue comes down to what Yzerman wants, what other teams are offering and what Montreal is willing to offer.

Apparently Bergevin is making another push for Drouin... Who knows how much truth is behind that.

I can easily see truth there, I just don't know how likely it is we'll get him. Drouin alone won't fix this team, unless he breaks out as soon as we get him. I do want him though, I just don't want to give up the amount we'd likely need to.

Ya, I like Drouin too. I just seriously hope Bergevin doesn't do something crazy. Really risky trade.

I hope he does.

The team is in a free fall and he has done absolutely nothing to support them.

There should have been a trade around mid-December before teams noticed the Habs were freefalling and could jack up their market prices for players. Instead Bergevin sat and watched the team continue to freefall.

He isn't in a position to be calm anymore. His team has zero confidence. They keep firing pucks at the net. It's almost like the whole team is satisfied with high corsi-adjusted shots that don't result in goals. They don't play frustrated. They stick to the system.

Any trade Bergevin makes will be risky at this point. He will overpay for someone. Every GM in the league knows he is getting desperate and are going to take advantage of that. This team has also dropped from Cup contender to playoff bubble team. I realize that they haven't had Price, but does adding one scorer to the lineup make them true contenders again? Bergevin needs to pull off a miracle trade for this team to win the Cup this year.

Any trade Bergevin makes will be risky at this point. He will overpay for someone. Every GM in the league knows he is getting desperate and are going to take advantage of that. This team has also dropped from Cup contender to playoff bubble team. I realize that they haven't had Price, but does adding one scorer to the lineup make them true contenders again? Bergevin needs to pull off a miracle trade for this team to win the Cup this year.

It feels like the team is in an impossible position but in reality, we're just erasing the good fortune of October and November. We're still in a wildcard spot in one of the tightest divisions. Stop the slide and we're right there with everyone.

I actually hope we don't get Drouin. He is a smallish playmaking winger who has basically done nothing in the NHL thus far. The price will be steep and given his age and the fact that he is a local kid, I could easily see the pressure / environment killing his career.

I actually hope we don't get Drouin. He is a smallish playmaking winger who has basically done nothing in the NHL thus far. The price will be steep and given his age and the fact that he is a local kid, I could easily see the pressure / environment killing his career.

I guess we shouldn't take a chance on anyone then. We're too big of a hockey market for anyone to survive.

• Upvote 1

I guess we shouldn't take a chance on anyone then. We're too big of a hockey market for anyone to survive.

The comment about the pressure of a young local kid who was a high first round pick was more of an after though. What I'm really opposed to is paying a high price to acquire a playmaking winger who has not shown that he can be an impact player in the league yet (2 goals and 6 assists in 19 games this season). This team needs to get better at center and needs to add another goal scorer.

I think trading for Drouin would be great, if you think the version of the Habs we saw in October/November is closer to what they are than what they've shown over the past six weeks. Adding a guy like Drouin would be a shrewd acquisition for a team looking for an extra tool to get over the top. But he's certainly not the guy to trade for to save the season, nor should he be under those expectations (even from just fans) this early in his career.

The comment about the pressure of a young local kid who was a high first round pick was more of an after though. What I'm really opposed to is paying a high price to acquire a playmaking winger who has not shown that he can be an impact player in the league yet (2 goals and 6 assists in 19 games this season). This team needs to get better at center and needs to add another goal scorer.

Better points per 60 than Stamkos, Tyler Johnson, and everyone else on the lightning last year. just saying.

I think trading for Drouin would be great, if you think the version of the Habs we saw in October/November is closer to what they are than what they've shown over the past six weeks. Adding a guy like Drouin would be a shrewd acquisition for a team looking for an extra tool to get over the top. But he's certainly not the guy to trade for to save the season, nor should he be under those expectations (even from just fans) this early in his career.

Thats fine. He's 20. He's a help this season, but trading for him isn't about just this season. Its about a dynamic winger for chucky for the next decade.

Better points per 60 than Stamkos, Tyler Johnson, and everyone else on the lightning last year. just saying.

Thats fine. He's 20. He's a help this season, but trading for him isn't about just this season. Its about a dynamic winger for chucky for the next decade.

Yea, exactly. And also why he's going to cost a lot. Good thing I'm not GM cause I just want change at this point.

Because in the middle of a team collapse so epic and rare that the last time it happened Hitler was in power, what we need to do is (probably) overpay for and put immense pressure on a French-Canadian prospect by asking him to be the saviour to the Habs season...

I want Drouin, but the timing of acquiring him now would probably be the worst thing for him.

Would make many Habfans very very happy if he was fired.

And I see someone posted a Berkshire tweet on HabsWorld mainpage today...ugggggg, sad days indeed.

Different kind of rumour: Francois Gagnon is suggesting Tuesday's game against Boston could be Therrien's last.

Between the coach, the gm, and the players, the coach is the one least responsible for this mess in my opinion. Although I suppose the pitch fork wielding mob that we are need something to change and he just may well be the casualty.

I really doubt that.

I always thought of Gagnon as a credible source, but I guess we'll find out.

I won't agree with it if this does happen, but then again I won't be frothing with rage about it either; unless MB wheels out an accomplished replacement (rather than a Lefebvre or Boucher) it would be a 'desperation' move designed to get the team back on track via the old mechanism of 'a new voice.' It could even work - a change is as good as a rest, etc. - but in the absence of fixes for the deeper problems, it would be a short-term maneouvre by definition. And if he does then produce those deeper fixes, why fire the coach in the first place?

Berkshire is something else.

Last year.... #FireTherrien, Wins don't matter, fancy stats suck, fire the coach cause fancy stats show a new coach will win more.

This year #FireTherrien, they aren't winning, the great fancy stats no longer matter.

Last year.... #FireTherrien, Wins don't matter, fancy stats suck, fire the coach cause fancy stats show a new coach will win more.

This year #FireTherrien, they aren't winning, the great fancy stats no longer matter.

Lol, a true farce!

He gets points for consistency!

I think Drouin is an interesting idea for the next ten years, as you mentioned. I can also see the Scott/Tinordi deal and the high price of the deal being the start of a "why did Marc Bergevin get fired story" for my future kids/grandchildren.