Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Any of our C except Galchenyuk can be cheerfully bid adieu as far as I'm concerned, if it means getting a FW who can put the g*damned puck in the g*damned net.

As far as I am concerned, any of our forwards with the exception of Pacioretty, Galchenuk, Gallagher or any of our d except Subban, Petry or Markov(because selling low is stupid) are fair game at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am concerned, any of our forwards with the exception of Pacioretty, Galchenuk, Gallagher or any of our d except Subban, Petry or Markov(because selling low is stupid) are fair game at this point.

Plex is not going anywhere..I have a feeling you forgot him.

Yep. Nobody wants to trade for a turd making six million a year.

Second line centre... on pace for 56 points... biggest minutes on one of the top PKs in the league... plays against the other team's top line every night. One of the best two way centres in the NHL.

Turd?

$6 million a year is going rate for that type of production. He's an excellent second line centre. Only problem is we play him on the top line.... but $6 million is going rate for a second line centre who does what he does in 2016.

• Upvote 2

Second line centre... on pace for 56 points... biggest minutes on one of the top PKs in the league... plays against the other team's top line every night. One of the best two way centres in the NHL.

Turd?

$6 million a year is going rate for that type of production. He's an excellent second line centre. Only problem is we play him on the top line.... but $6 million is going rate for a second line centre who does what he does in 2016.

Yeah, you are right there, so the return would be quite high on him ;)

Yep. Nobody wants to trade for a turd making six million a year.

I don't think Pleks is a turd. And I sure as hell hope that whoever we trade him to doesn't feel that way. He is a very good hockey player. A fine asset.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think Pleks is a turd. And I sure as hell hope that whoever we trade him to doesn't feel that way. He is a very good hockey player. A fine asset.

A depreciating asset

Turd?

That was a joke.

Bob McKenzie says Bergevin not interested in rentals.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/mckenzie-bergevin-not-interested-in-rental-players-1.431712

Reading between the lines.... we are giving up on the year... Tank full speed ahead.

Thank goodness (at least, to the 'rental' thing). The very last thing I want to see is us trading away assets for a Vrbata in some desperate lunge for the playoffs.

Ughh, I just spent the last hour starting a new thread about still believing in this team but I closed the page by accident and it didn't save :wall:

Cliffs:

-Team was one of the best after 26 games

-Team is one of the worst the next 24 games

-Team still has 32 games left

-Team has the league's most valuable player returning at some point

-Team just has to make the playoffs and anything can happen

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Ughh, I just spent the last hour starting a new thread about still believing in this team but I closed the page by accident and it didn't save :wall:

Cliffs:

-Team was one of the best after 26 games

-Team is one of the worst the next 24 games

-Team still has 32 games left

-Team has the league's most valuable player returning at some point

-Team just has to make the playoffs and anything can happen

Haha. That's a sign buddy

Bob McKenzie says Bergevin not interested in rentals.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/mckenzie-bergevin-not-interested-in-rental-players-1.431712

Reading between the lines.... we are giving up on the year... Tank full speed ahead.

That's not really anything we didn't already know. The talk all along has been that Bergevin is looking for something that's not just a quick fix. So going and getting someone like Hudler or Vrbata just doesn't make sense.

In past seasons, it was suggested that he wasn't a big fan of rental players each year - but each year they added rental players so I'm not ready to take this report as declaration that they've conceded it's tanking time just yet.

A French radio station (91.9 Sport?) is reporting that Plekanec has requested a trade.

That'd be great if true - with all due respect to Commandant's cogent arguments in favour of keeping him. Unlike some around here, I believe he will command considerable interest from contenders.

There appears to be no confirmation of this rumor.

No mention of it on the 91.9 website or official twitter account.

No mention of it from any other legit hockey insider.

A couple tweets from people who claim to have heard it on 91.9, but no one with any credibility.

And hfboards shut down the thread discussing it for lack of confirmation.

I read a rumor on mynhltraderumors.com that the Oilers are looking for a 3rd line center a couple days ago. I wonder if this could be a good opportunity for Montreal to trade Eller or Desharnais. It would shed some cap space for next season.

Pleks might be a good fit in Edmonton actually, especially since he is under contract for a few more years and is a vet who plays in all 3 zones normally.

I don't see any team that would want DD or Eller, Eller mostly due to his contract, DD because he is worthless

I read a rumor on mynhltraderumors.com that the Oilers are looking for a 3rd line center a couple days ago. I wonder if this could be a good opportunity for Montreal to trade Eller or Desharnais. It would shed some cap space for next season.

That site makes up a lot of rumours. Look at their depth down the middle - Nugent-Hopkins, McDavid, and Draisaitl (with Letestu, Hendricks, and Lander all behind them). They don't need centre help. And if anyone is trading for those two, they're likely sending at least some money back the other way.

That site makes up a lot of rumours. Look at their depth down the middle - Nugent-Hopkins, McDavid, and Draisaitl (with Letestu, Hendricks, and Lander all behind them). They don't need centre help. And if anyone is trading for those two, they're likely sending at least some money back the other way.

With only one move, yeah, they probably don't need a C.

But if they decide to improve defense by moving RNH, for example, then maybe they don't want to go long term with Letestu and cie as 3rd C.