Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Galchenyuk in his 2nd year actually playing in Sarnia was putting up 2points/game and looking pretty darn dominant, before making jump to NHL.

That was post draft though. I'm talking about the way scouts would rank these guys prior to the draft

Also, even if he was a centre Laine wouldn't pass Matthews.

don't buy the hype.

It happens every year... Seth Jones is gonna pass MacKinnon, Hedman is gonna pass Tavares, Eichel is gonna pass McDavid. Its all bullshit hype for the draft. Rarely if ever is it a real debate like Taylor vs Tyler.

That was post draft though. I'm talking about the way scouts would rank these guys prior to the draft

After their 2nd year of playing junior normally, which given a lost year, that was his last year in junior and he was still a teenager.

Scouts saw a kid at 16 that had 83 points in 61 games before getting hurt. Dubois had 45 in 54 games....

After their 2nd year of playing junior normally, which given a lost year, that was his last year in junior and he was still a teenager.

Tkachuk is also a late 97... so this is his 3rd year of junior. 2 years at US NTDP level...

Also, even if he was a centre Laine wouldn't pass Matthews.

don't buy the hype.

It happens every year... Seth Jones is gonna pass MacKinnon, Hedman is gonna pass Tavares, Eichel is gonna pass McDavid. Its all bullshit hype for the draft. Rarely if ever is it a real debate like Taylor vs Tyler.

As I try to remind people, there were talking heads in 2005 asking if Bobby Ryan was a victim of Crosby hype and could be a first overall pick.

Guys I'm not trying to diss Galchenyuk or anything here lol, I love the guy. I'm also not sure why Tkachuk or Dubois being selected over him is so unfathomable given their draft years and Galchenyuks injury. I'm not saying it absolutely would happen, I'm just saying it could. He was ranked #4 by NHL central scouting #5 by tsn and freaking 14 by the ISS before the draft. Highly regarded but not a lock for 3rd overall.

Guys I'm not trying to diss Galchenyuk or anything here lol, I love the guy. I'm also not sure why Tkachuk or Dubois being selected over him is so unfathomable given their draft years and Galchenyuks injury. I'm not saying it absolutely would happen, I'm just saying it could. He was ranked #4 by NHL central scouting #5 by tsn and freaking 14 by the ISS before the draft. Highly regarded but not a lock for 3rd overall.

Yes, a team might have been afraid to take him at third overall due to the injury. That team would have been stupid and taken an inferior player.

Not unfathomable...but would be bit boring if all just agreed. :bouncing:

Being ranked 14th by ISS just shows that ISS is stupid... not that Galchenyuk wasn't good.

Being ranked 14th by ISS just shows that ISS is stupid... not that Galchenyuk wasn't good.

At what point have I ever said Galchenyuk wasn't good? Galchenyuk is great. My only argument at all is that Tkachuk and Dubois could have been taken before him that year.

Would this really be a no brainer heading into the draft this year?

At what point have I ever said Galchenyuk wasn't good? Galchenyuk is great. My only argument at all is that Tkachuk and Dubois could have been taken before him that year.

Would this really be a no brainer heading into the draft this year?

Again, you're arguing for a GM to be bad at his job. I don't know why you'd want to argue that.

Again, you're arguing for a GM to be bad at his job. I don't know why you'd want to argue that.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think taking Tkachuk or Dubois first is necessarily bad. In 4 years time we'll know what they do in the league, don't be suprised if one or both has better than the .58 ppg Galchenyuk has

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think taking Tkachuk or Dubois first is necessarily bad. In 4 years time we'll know what they do in the league, don't be suprised if one or both has better than the .58 ppg Galchenyuk has

The only player comparable to Galchenyuk in the 2012 draft is Forsberg. Chuck has played the most games with the most points but I believe Forsberg has a better P/PG average.

You're completely basing your opinion on the fears of a GM thinking Galchenyuk will be damaged goods. Otherwise his OHL totals as a 16 year old and his initial start as a 17 year old before being hurt said he would have been a much better prospect than Tkachuk and Dubois have become for the draft.

Dubois had 99 points as a 17 year old.

Tkachuk had 107 points as an 18 year old.

Galchenyuk had 83 points as a 16 year old.

If you can't see the prospect ceiling difference I don't know what to tell you.

Would Chucky have had that ppg had he played for, oh, any other coach in the NHL who would have identified his talent much sooner and played him far more than the Desharnais etc of the league?

Would Chucky have had that ppg had he played for, oh, any other coach in the NHL who would have identified his talent much sooner and played him far more than the Desharnais etc of the league?

NO but he may have Yakupov's 0.36 PPG though, I agree with you Colin, bringing him along slowly was smart.

Guest Stogey24

Really. He was saying how much he loved it there. Not enough $$$ I guess

I wonder if he would even think about becoming a Hab

Really. He was saying how much he loved it there. Not enough $$$ I guess

I wonder if he would even think about becoming a Hab

don't want him, he is a bum.

And paper comes out with news that DuBois interested in Habs and title is in 40font size.

Trade up and grab him, Timmins, Molson, Bergevin all would be in the good graces of locals for awhile and they can fire up the Pierre-Luc merchandising machine as well.

(I kinda hoped they would do that with Couturier several years ago)

Dreger has us in on Fowler, which (of course) "fuels the Subban speculation"

I just want this draft to be over.

I think we should try to get Fowler no matter what, he'd be a great partner for Subban when Markov retires.