Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

37 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The only tog simiar is his size, speed and gritty style of play.  He's never really had a great shot.  Guentzal shown he's got a snipers shot.  Gallagher scores a lot from in and around the blue paint 

Yeah I was going to put Guentzel up there with Marner and Gaudreau but it's tough to tell because I don't underestimate the effect Crosby can have on his linemates. Gallagher would tear it up with Crosby. If Guentzel does it again next year I'll start giving him a little more credit. I'm already starting to believe a little more in Murray than I did after last year. I still don't think he's the greatest out there. Kind of like a Bishop.

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Lots of Evander Kane rumours. Supposedly they want a D-man back. Thoughts?

3 of our top 4 goal scorers were regular LWers, so it is probably the Habs strongest position right now. Personally, I don't want to give up any assets to improve a strength, but to the weaknesses instead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

3 of our top 4 goal scorers were regular LWers, so it is probably the Habs strongest position right now. Personally, I don't want to give up any assets to improve a strength, but to the weaknesses instead.

Well, it rather depends on whether Galy is a C or LW. 

Pacioretty

Galchenyuk

Lehkonen/Shaw

is a very strong configuration. But

Pacioretty

Lehkonen

Shaw

assumes no regression from the young Finn. Which may be a safe assumption, but it's not iron clad.

We have much more glaring needs positionally  but I don't think we can deny that Kane would represent a significant and much-needed injection of offensive talent up front. 

Incidentally, this is one of the things that bugs me about the organizational confusion over Galy's position. How can the team fill holes until it has defined what those holes are?

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Left Wing 

Pacioretty

Lehkonen

Byron

Right Wing

Radulov

Gallagher

Shaw

Ok. But the wider point I make above stands. (Not that I'm cowabunga over acquiring Kane, which Team Fuddy Duddy is unlikely to do anyhow. But I don't think we can just pretend that the team, which can't score, has no need for the talent he brings).

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ok. But the wider point I make above stands. (Not that I'm cowabunga over acquiring Kane, which Team Fuddy Duddy is unlikely to do anyhow. But I don't think we can just pretend that the team, which can't score, has no need for the talent he brings).

I don't mind acquiring a winger, or signing one in free agency or whatever.  But I agree with Trizzak here, you are trading for the player which means giving up assets.  Buffalo wants a significant dman for him.  I'm thinking if we are trading good assets to look for a centre. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't mind acquiring a winger, or signing one in free agency or whatever.  But I agree with Trizzak here, you are trading for the player which means giving up assets.  Buffalo wants a significant dman for him.  I'm thinking if we are trading good assets to look for a centre. 

Yeah, I agree. Now if they accept a package built around Beaulieu or something, then that's another story. The thing with Kane is that he's got one year left on his deal - that might deflate his value. No doubt BUF wants to hit a home run; but if they're motivated sellers because Kane is a head case, who knows, maybe you keep poking around.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Left Wing 

Pacioretty

Lehkonen

Byron

Right Wing

Radulov

Gallagher

Shaw

That is a pretty good group of wingers. It's very clear where the weakness lies on this team 

Brian Flynn's agent spoke with Bergevin earlier this month regarding a possible deal.  (It's worth noting that the agent approached Bergevin, not the other way around.)  Flynn is seeking a multi-year contract - I have a hard time thinking he'll get that from Montreal.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201706/06/01-5104775-brian-flynn-sapproche-dun-retour-avec-le-canadien.php

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Brian Flynn's agent spoke with Bergevin earlier this month regarding a possible deal.  (It's worth noting that the agent approached Bergevin, not the other way around.)  Flynn is seeking a multi-year contract - I have a hard time thinking he'll get that from Montreal.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201706/06/01-5104775-brian-flynn-sapproche-dun-retour-avec-le-canadien.php

I like Flynn, but he's yet another interchangeable bottom-end piece. See ya, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Who said that 

from HIO....

Sources:

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
Alexander Radulov got divorced so now he’s free to sign the extension #Habs
09:29 – 7 Jun 2017

Aivis Kalniņš @A_Kalnins
Lots of confused people – Alex Radulov got divorced which is why he hadn’t signed a contract yet, wanted to take care of personal matters.
09:45 – 7 Jun 2017

Aivis Kalniņš @A_Kalnins
Radulov will now try to get a deal done asap.
09:45 – 7 Jun 2017

lmao

I know the article wasn't saying it explicitly but I was one of the few who would have been okay with seeing Galchenyuk included in a trade for Duchene as long as, for whatever reason, the plan is more concrete to have him play at center than it has been for Galchenyuk.

I personally don't believe Galchenyuk will be moved though and I don't specifically want to see him get moved. I like Duchene more than most though. I think he can be a threat to any team in a playoff series. 

The problem with galchenyuk is that he has no one on this team to look to and take him under there wing and teach him.  Maybe the best move for MB is to bring in a veteran that can take him and show him what he needs to do, before we give up on him.

bring in a guy who can be the 3rd line centre and has a very good face off %. Then get home to teach galchenyuk how to be better on the face offs.

35 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

bring in a guy who can be the 3rd line centre and has a very good face off %. Then get home to teach galchenyuk how to be better on the face offs.

They've brought in good faceoff people (though more for the fourth line) but it hasn't helped.  Halpern and Ott were deadline deals while Malhotra - who was a faceoff coach in Vancouver last year - was around for an entire season and was shown working with Galchenyuk on several occasions.

I like Galchenyuk, but I would make the trade for Duchene...Duchene is a stronger and more explosive skater than Alex and that will open up lots of space for others...That said, Gallchenyuk has the talent to grow into a superstar if he can get his head on straight.... 

Avs would be crazy NOT to take that deal. They move a 55-point player on a $6 million cap hit and get back a player who is younger, cheaper, and more offensively productive. Sounds just like the kind of deal Bergevin is apt to make, actually.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Habiman said:

I like Galchenyuk, but I would make the trade for Duchene...Duchene is a stronger and more explosive skater than Alex and that will open up lots of space for others...That said, Gallchenyuk has the talent to grow into a superstar if he can get his head on straight.... 

not a deal I would make. unless we got more coming our way.

• Upvote 1