Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I saw Chuck and Drouin as near equal value... and then we heard a first is involved.... so maybe there is something more going on here. 

Chuck + Beaulieu + 1st for Drouin + Johnson

Or something??? 

I like that deal.

I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I wonder if there is a way MB can pull this trade without giving up on Chucky or Micha?

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2017/06/15/derek-stepan-est-sur-le-marche/

Stepan on market?

(edit) I like the idea of trading for Drouin as mention by Commandant above... but I wonder if Stepan if there is a way... Maybe by flipping a couple prospects and picks... I would venture something like Mete, Julsson and 2nd in 2017 +2nd in 2019, yup 2019 :D 

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

I wonder if there is a way MB can pull this trade without giving up on Chucky or Micha?

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2017/06/15/derek-stepan-est-sur-le-marche/

Stepan on market?

(edit) I like the idea of trading for Drouin as mention by Commandant above... but I wonder if Stepan if there is a way... Maybe by flipping a couple prospects and picks... I would venture something like Mete, Julsson and 2nd in 2017 +2nd in 2019, yup 2019 :D 

Overpayment for Stepan. 

I think people are undervaluing Juulsen.

Get Drouin. Far better offensively, what the team needs.

The Wild, which has shown interest in Drouin in the past, has also shown great interest in Galchenyuk, sources say. McKenzie tweeted that Brodin was the type of defenseman Montreal would target. 

Galchenyuk can play center or wing, although it’s believed the Wild, like the Canadiens, would consider him more a winger.

http://www.startribune.com/wild-gets-quality-trade-offers-for-jonas-brodin-matt-dumba/428744653/

“There’s teams with interest in Galchenyuk, as there should be,” said Dreger. “I mean, it was suggested to me that the Pittsburgh Penguins might have interest. And I don’t know what the Pittsburgh Penguins would have that would make sense to Marc Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens, but I can appreciate why the Pens would have interest in Galchenyuk when you look at their pending unrestricted free agent list.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/dreger-know-bergevin-listening-interest-galchenyuk/

8 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Overpayment for Stepan. 

I think people are undervaluing Juulsen.

Get Drouin. Far better offensively, what the team needs.

Good call sir.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

Is Brodie for Galchenyuk a good deal? Or could there be another centre coming back? I know Minn has a long list of centres.

Maybe Beaulieu and 1st is included?

I've digged into it.... not a fan of Brodin for Galchenyuk 1 for 1. 

Brodin doesn't put up offense and he is okay defensively (looks elite beside Ryan Suter... looks just slightly above average without him). 

Not a fan of that as a 1 for 1 with Chucky.  They need to add. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I've digged into it.... not a fan of Brodin for Galchenyuk 1 for 1. 

Brodin doesn't put up offense and he is okay defensively (looks elite beside Ryan Suter... looks just slightly above average without him). 

Not a fan of that as a 1 for 1 with Chucky.  They need to add. 

Does Beaulieu and a first get one of their better centres?

That could solve our LHD and centre woes.

24 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Does Beaulieu and a first get one of their better centres?

That could solve our LHD and centre woes.

Chuck, Beaulieu, 1st 

vs

Brodin, Granlund

I don't think its enough on the Habs end.
Also it does nothing for Minny addressing its issues.... Minny wants to trade a defenceman for a forward because of expansion draft protection issues. 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Chuck, Beaulieu, 1st 

vs

Brodin, Granlund

I don't think its enough on the Habs end.
Also it does nothing for Minny addressing its issues.... Minny wants to trade a defenceman for a forward because of expansion draft protection issues. 

Pierre McGuire was quite loud and proud that he knew "Galchenyuk is definitely on the market" but "cant break confidentiality" when asked if Galchneyuk linked to a partner for Weber or for a centre.  

(But, he also is the only one who doesn't seem to like deal for Drouin and quoted the age difference (22 vs 18) as a big deal.)

Edited by DON
add stuff

1 minute ago, DON said:

Pierre McGuire was quite loud and proud that he knew "Galchenyuk is definitely on the market" but "cant break confidentiality" when asked if Galchneyuk linked to a partner for Weber or for a centre.  

Look at twitter.  What hockey writer isn't talking about Galchenyuk being on the market?

This isn't exactly a scoop for McGuire. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Look at twitter.  What hockey writer isn't talking about Galchenyuk being on the market?

This isn't exactly a scoop for McGuire. 

No, just McGuire being himself.

I really don't like the idea of trading Chucky for Brodin. We would get screwed on that one! Minny would have to offer more...but again, i don't want to give up on Chucky...he's only 23.!

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A couple of tidbits from LeBrun:

Phaneuf better be on Bergy's "no" list 

43 minutes ago, nihilz said:

Do we know if Emelin was asked to waive his NMC/NTC?

Only a NMC is relevant for the purposes of expansion and Emelin doesn't have one of those.  He can only block a trade to 10 teams out of the other 30 so if they were to try to trade him, there's a good chance they wouldn't need his permission anyway.  This is about the time of year where the no-trade lists get submitted and if the Habs have a deal in place with one of the teams on that list, only at that time would they approach him about waiving it.

A couple more teams to toss in the hypothetical Galchenyuk derby.  I don't see Anaheim really being a fit money wise though.  Vancouver surely would have some interest but do they have the core player to send back the other way?

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A couple more teams to toss in the hypothetical Galchenyuk derby.  I don't see Anaheim really being a fit money wise though.  Vancouver surely would have some interest but do they have the core player to send back the other way?

Maybe Gally and Beau for Tanev, Molino and a draft pick

just saw Tanev is a righty.. scratch that 

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Phaneuf better be on Bergy's "no" list 

Montreal is on that list cause he knows we don't want that peckerhead on our team. So no threat of him coming here.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Montreal is on that list cause he knows we don't want that peckerhead on our team. So no threat of him coming here.

If Ottawa eats some salary he might be a fine addition.